Author Topic: Errors at WikiBound  (Read 5309 times)

Offline Sun Braid

• Aka Solar Plexus (to sound all creative and fuzzy)
    • View Profile
Errors at WikiBound
« on: September 20, 2011, 07:51:40 PM »
During the past few days, the Recent Changes page at WikiBound has been inaccessible (though it did momentarily work during a time, but chose to be all malfunctiony again), only displaying this text when attempting to access it:

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:
(SQL query hidden)
from within function "SpecialRecentChanges::doMainQuery". Database returned error "1030: Got error 28 from storage engine (localhost)".

Additionally, I'm also unable to log into my account, as it mentions that I "have cookies disabled", even though I've checked the cookies settings, which appear to be just fine; I'm also able to access other websites that require cookies, so I'm not really sure what all the fuss about that is.

I'd like to know if I'm not the only one experiencing this, and if so, would any admin-like individual care to look into it? :v
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 07:53:22 PM by Sun Braid »

Offline Tina

• WikiBound Staff
    • View Profile
    • WikiBound
Re: Errors at WikiBound
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 02:23:21 AM »
I get the feeling it's linked to ZeldaWiki in some way, going by the "Waiting for zeldawiki.org..." at the bottom of the page. It should be back up... uh..... soon?

taco also mentioned something about us running out of space/bandwidth or something pretty soon, so we might be doing a server upgrade soon too.
WikiBound Editor-in-Chief

Offline BB Gang Zombie

• WikiBound Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Errors at WikiBound
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 01:31:42 AM »
Oh, nice to know!
I figured it was an issue with my browser or something, so at least I know Google chrome didn't decide to kill WikiBound's recent changes and log in screen with fire...
FIRE!
That's okay, though. I might work on getting some images and such for when it comes back up, anyway. I have a cache'd copy of the image needed category. :P