Author Topic: What makes a wiki a Nintendo wiki?  (Read 5261 times)

Offline Solar Dragon

• Solor Extraho
    • View Profile
    • Wikisimpsons
What makes a wiki a Nintendo wiki?
« on: March 30, 2012, 05:18:50 PM »
Hi,
Both StrategyWiki and Dragon Quest Wiki are not Nintendo franchises. They are about games for consoles that aren't all Nintendo. I am therefore thinking, what makes a wiki eligible for NIWA anyway? There are other games out there that have also been on other consoles but also are on Nintendo consoles. Sure, many games of Dragon Quest are released on Nintendo consoles. However, Call of Duty games are also released on Nintendo consoles. Would this make CoD Wiki eligible for NIWA? And what about things like The Simpsons? There are many video games released for The Simpsons, some exclusively for Nintendo consoles. Would this make Wikisimpsons eligible for NIWA? I'm just asking this as people are going "Dragon Quest Wiki shouldn't be on NIWA as it's not Nintendo" etc.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Starphoria

• StarfyWiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • Icaruspedia
Re: What makes a wiki a Nintendo wiki?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 07:31:42 PM »
Hi. Strategy Wiki was approved for its coverage on Nintendo games, even if it focuses on all video games. Dragon Quest 9 was published by Nintendo, and is therefore related enough. To me and other NIWA staff, if Nintendo published one game in the series, it is eligible.
- Administrator of Starfy Wiki
- Administrator of F-Zero Wiki
- Director of Icaruspedia
- Supporter of NIWA

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 04:00:55 PM »
StategyWiki is included due to a strong presence of Nintendo-related articles, many of the editors are Nintendo fans, and previously established partnerships with Bulbapedia, Zedla Wiki and WiKirby.

Plus... the more the merrier, Inclusion is better then exclusion, and all that.

Offline Xizor

• Zelda Wiki Bureaucrat
  • Forum Administrator
  • Talk to me. :)
    • View Profile
    • Legend of Zelda.com
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 07:26:47 AM »
From my understanding Dragon Quest has had more than one release on a Nintendo console, despite only one title being published by them. Though I may be fundamentally misunderstanding everything about them.

As for Strategy Wiki, they're obviously broad but cover a lot of Nintendo information.

Remember, the requirement is that the wiki be related to Nintendo. Further, the exact definition of that term is nearly impossible to define.

Bureaucrat of