Author Topic: Banjo & Conker  (Read 19373 times)

Offline onetwentysix

• View Profile
Banjo & Conker
« on: April 30, 2010, 11:21:39 PM »
we should bring them back. It's a spinoff of the DK series, and we take care of the DK series and it's spinoffs. Mario has DK. DK has Banjo and Conker

Offline SMB

• Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Banjo & Conker
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 11:27:15 PM »
we should bring them back. It's a spinoff of the DK series, and we take care of the DK series and it's spinoffs. Mario has DK. DK has Banjo and Conker
No.

(Credit to Edofenrir for making it.)

Offline onetwentysix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 11:28:20 PM »
No.

why?

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 11:28:53 PM »
to bad they are owned by Rare, and Rare is owned by microsoft so it wouldn't be on a
Nintendo system

Offline onetwentysix

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 11:30:17 PM »
to bad they are owned by Rare, and Rare is owned by microsoft so it wouldn't be on a
Nintendo system

DK was also owned by Rare

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 11:32:06 PM »
Nintendo system

was and I believe Nintendo still had the final say in what Rare did with him

Offline onetwentysix

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 11:36:07 PM »
Nintendo system

thanks to microsoft

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 06:26:47 PM »
Nintendo system

thanks to microsoft

what does that mean?

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 11:28:39 PM »
Nintendo and Rare (with Microsoft's support) went to court to see who gets what characters from the Rare Franchises.

Nintendo essentially got any character it already had  from before the DKC (like Donkey Knog), along with some related characters (Diddy, Kranky, Tiny, etc.).

Rare got the completely original characters that their company came up with for said games (Banjo & Kazooie, Conker, etc).

I don't know who got K. Rool.

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 11:44:05 PM »
Nintendo and Rare (with Microsoft's support) went to court to see who gets what characters from the Rare Franchises.

Nintendo essentially got any character it already had  from before the DKC (like Donkey Knog), along with some related characters (Diddy, Kranky, Tiny, etc.).

Rare got the completely original characters that their company came up with for said games (Banjo & Kazooie, Conker, etc).

ah, I didn't know they went to court over it but from what I understand Nintendo got Donkey Kong and all characters related to him, e.g. Tiny Kong, Kremlings including King K. Rool
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 11:46:55 PM by Lord Ferrok »

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 11:48:34 PM »
works for me.

Offline onetwentysix

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 11:21:07 PM »

Nintendo essentially got any character it already had  from before the DKC (like Donkey Knog), along with some related characters (Diddy, Kranky, Tiny, etc.).

ah, I didn't know they went to court over it but from what I understand Nintendo got Donkey Kong and all characters related to him, e.g. Tiny Kong, Kremlings including King K. Rool

I still hate the Xbox 360 and Microsoft for buying over Rareware. (well, except for the computers thing)

Offline Member#36

• Striving For A Perfect NIWA Unit
  • Retired Staff
  • Kirby, My Favorite Flavor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 02:00:00 AM »
Well, as long as Mario, Link, and the staple characters stay with Nintendo, I'll be fine.  If, in some harsh reality, they are spit up, I will only be a litle upset as my only concern would be that Microsoft might **** up the games.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 03:12:19 AM »

Nintendo essentially got any character it already had  from before the DKC (like Donkey Knog), along with some related characters (Diddy, Kranky, Tiny, etc.).

I still hate the Xbox 360 and Microsoft for buying over Rareware. (well, except for the computers thing)

Keep in mind, the offer was made to rare, but it was rare who decided to take it. They sold the controlling stock to Microsoft (without notifying Nintendo), and since Nintendo did not want to share things with Microsoft, the company sold it's share as well.

At least, as far as I know.

Offline Edofenrir

• Card Carrying Villain
  • Super Mario Wiki Staff
  • Still has some unfinished business to take care of
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 02:22:52 PM »
Keep in mind, the offer was made to rare, but it was rare who decided to take it. They sold the controlling stock to Microsoft (without notifying Nintendo), and since Nintendo did not want to share things with Microsoft, the company sold it's share as well.

At least, as far as I know.

The problem is that there seem to be several stories how the company changed owners, and noone really knows which of them is the truth.

I heard that Nintendo sold Rare to Microsoft on purpose, because Rare couldn't keep any deadlines, required more budget Nintendo was willing to offer, and their latest games (at that time) didn't sell well enough (Conker's Bad Fur Day f.e.). So they willingly parted with Rare to get a last bit of profit out of the sinking ship.

...or so I heard.
"Will you stop?!!? What fools!
Haven't you begun to understand? The kingdom being ruined and us left in this state...
Isn't it petty, little battles like this that have caused it?
Believing in your friends and embracing that belief by forgiving failure...
These feelings have vanished from our hearts."
-Igos Du Ikana, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 04:07:58 PM »
(not the webcomic thread, but i think it still works.)

It was a moving day indeed.

I'm not arguing against or for any theory, i just thought it was relevant.

Offline Member#36

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 04:15:32 PM »
It certainly describes my feelings. :)

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 04:24:42 PM »
I don't miss them that much, the recent games they have come out with have been awful, look at how they messed up the new Banjo game

Offline Member#36

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 04:29:09 PM »
The only thing I care about in relation to Rare are the old games from the N64, like Banjo Kazzoie.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 05:44:55 PM »
Out of curiosity, is modern rare under any pressure by Microsoft?  That could be why they are sucking so bad at the moment.