Author Topic: Nintendo series into cartoons  (Read 23876 times)

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Nintendo series into cartoons
« on: June 01, 2010, 01:56:48 AM »
Mario has had a few
Zelda had one
Donkey Kong had one
Kirby had one
Pokémon has one
F-Zero had one
Fire Emblem had an OVA
Animal Crossing had a movie

Star Fox is the only major series without one, would anyone like to see one made?

« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 05:28:57 AM by Lord Ferrok »

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
Re: Nintendo series into cartoons
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 02:34:48 AM »
slowly, i'm beginning to think that Star Fox is the "b****** child" of the Nintendo Multiverse....

Anyway, i'd like to see.... :eekdance: <-- this guy....

i actually can't think of anything.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 01:53:41 PM by tacopill »

Offline Gamefreak75

• Super Mario Wiki Staff
  • Mario Wiki and Pikmin Fanon Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 04:56:04 AM »
StarFox may not have much creativity in its show though. I mean Kirby had hundreds of random monsters (which some inspired future bosses in the game). i also think that this was one of very, very few animes that 4Kids made better than the Japanese version for multiple reasons.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 03:38:46 PM »
i also think that this was one of very, very few animes that 4Kids made better than the Japanese version for multiple reasons.

if you don't mind me asking, which one's are these?

Offline Member#36

• Striving For A Perfect NIWA Unit
  • Retired Staff
  • Kirby, My Favorite Flavor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 07:15:44 PM »
i also think that this was one of very, very few animes that 4Kids made better than the Japanese version for multiple reasons.

Yes, I'm curious as well.

Offline Gamefreak75

• Super Mario Wiki Staff
  • Mario Wiki and Pikmin Fanon Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 08:08:55 PM »

Well first off, I like the puns and jokes they put in there where there were very few present in the original. I could give less than a crap if 4Kids deleted some scenes or took out bad words like "sh!t* or crap* because the last thing they wanted was to get sued. I also likes the voices given to the characters (especially Dedede's and Escargoon) because it gave them some personality, but that's just my opinion.

Offline Member#36

• Striving For A Perfect NIWA Unit
  • Retired Staff
  • Kirby, My Favorite Flavor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 08:11:04 PM »

Well first off, I like the puns and jokes they put in there where there were very few present in the original. I could give less than a crap if 4Kids deleted some scenes or took out bad words like "sh!t* or crap* because the last thing they wanted was to get sued. I also likes the voices given to the characters (especially Dedede's and Escargoon) because it gave them some personality, but that's just my opinion.

What were some of these puns?  I remember pretty much everything about the series but that.

Offline Tattletale1

• Cartoonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 12:39:46 AM »
They need a Wario cartoon, simmilar to Phenias and Ferb's more "dramatic" 30 minute episodes, with some Mustache puns, and Warioware humor put in, "Warioware stinks" could be the name of the show, it could revolve around Wario's plans to either scam citizens, or gain fame, utimately failing unless he considers other peoples input...
...Which he sometimes claims as his own ideas... 
...even showing the origin of WarioMan...
...and Wario's rivalry with Captain Syrup, (no doubt Wario would downplay her signifigance, given his personality).
Check out my flipnotes at http://flipnote.hatena.com/5386D14051D4DB8F@DSi/

My username is due to my overuse of Goomba Tattle abilities in Paper Mario games.

Offline Mari-Illustrious-Makinami

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 02:37:43 AM »
StarFox may not have much creativity in its show though. I mean Kirby had hundreds of random monsters (which some inspired future bosses in the game). i also think that this was one of very, very few animes that 4Kids made better than the Japanese version for multiple reasons.
Excuse me while I laugh.

Hahaha, he said 4Kids and better than the Japanese version in the same sentence.

Offline Tina

• WikiBound Staff
    • View Profile
    • WikiBound
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 05:02:13 AM »
"Warioware stinks" could be the name of the show

Last time they insulted the the subject itself by saying it stunk, it flunked horribly.

...*rimshot*
WikiBound Editor-in-Chief

Offline Shayminguy7

• Yaaaawwwwwnnnn
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 01:51:15 PM »

Last time they insulted the the subject itself by saying it stunk, it flunked horribly.

...*rimshot*
Secret EB reference is secret

Smash Bros. Cartoon. A fighting tournament similar to how the later Battle City (That was the name, right?) worked in Yu-Gi-Oh, but with Nintendo characters kicking butt. The series would then be ruined by a Subspace Emissary season. There, I said it.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 04:26:36 AM »

...*rimshot*

Smash Bros. Cartoon. A fighting tournament similar to how the later Battle City (That was the name, right?) worked in Yu-Gi-Oh, but with Nintendo characters kicking butt. The series would then be ruined by a Subspace Emissary season. There, I said it.

A smash bros. animation would be awesome, but how would it be ruined by the Subspace Emissary?

Offline Shayminguy7

• Yaaaawwwwwnnnn
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2011, 03:41:26 AM »

...*rimshot*

A smash bros. animation would be awesome, but how would it be ruined by the Subspace Emissary?

Stray from what was going on. Make people mad. (I did not like that part of Yu-Gi-Oh with Noah and stuff, it's been awhile, but I remember hating it because it interrupted my battle City >:()

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2011, 06:57:57 AM »

...*rimshot*

Stray from what was going on. Make people mad. (I did not like that part of Yu-Gi-Oh with Noah and stuff, it's been awhile, but I remember hating it because it interrupted my battle City >:()
But Noah was based off of sexy-green haired Kaiba-boy! :D

HOW CAN YOU f***ING HATE SEXY-GREEN HAIRED KAIBA-BOY? >:C

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2011, 06:30:24 PM »

...*rimshot*

Because, it's filler.  ;)

Or, have you suddenly switched your opinions on filler?  :o

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2011, 10:33:45 PM »

...*rimshot*

BUT HE'S GOT GREEN HAIR.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2011, 10:50:16 PM »

...*rimshot*

BUT HE'S GOT GREEN HAIR.

Granted.

So, you like Yu-gi-Oh filler and not Pokemon Filler?

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2011, 10:54:59 PM »
Why is this about yu gi ou?

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2011, 08:13:17 PM »
Why is this about yu gi ou?

I was going with the conversation as it flowed.

At one point it was about smash bros, in which one person compared it to the Battle City Arc in the Yu-Gi-Oh Managa & Anime. This same person said that the Subspace Emissary would of ruined it; later on drawing it as a compairson to the Noah Filler Arc in the Anime.

Anyway, i don't think an arc on the Subspace Emissary would be filler. It may interupt the equivalent of battle city, it is what happen(s)(ed) in the game, and therefore would not be filler.

It's quality, however, is independent of being filler. (At least, in my opinion).

Offline Hope(N Forever)

• Lylat Wiki Staff
  • Non-English Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
    • ASSAD® comixs' website
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2011, 08:35:47 PM »
You people had forgotten about DiC's Captain N: The Game Master and Ruby-Spears' Saturday Supercade!? Crossover series did exist before, and they were terrible!

In my opinion, a Star Fox series won't really work out. At least, not like wholesome series with several seasons and whatnot. I would more or less prefer a movie or a mini-series. I find Star Fox to work far better as an anime with both traditional (2D characters) and computer-generated (3D vehicles) animation.

Are you doubly sure about that?
This section needs some editing, but can't seem to be able to click the [edit] button.

Nobody ever believed me when I told them that if you make a collection of information of everything Nintendo, you'll get a wiki that is amazingly the size of a small, but highly-developed Wikipedia!