Author Topic: Grifkuba's Gaming Services.  (Read 10809 times)

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
Grifkuba's Gaming Services.
« on: July 18, 2010, 06:17:37 PM »
I believe it is time i showed this:

For the past few years, i have been trying to get an organization of the ground dedicated to game design and development. This group is known as Grifkuba's Gaming Services, and i am looking to get it going again.

The reasons i am posting here is, believe it or not, you guys are one of the most active groups i am involved in (even if you only know me threw the forums). And, even though i haven't seen anyone here express interest in game design/development before,  this doesn't mean they aren't out there.... *stares into the digital void*)

Listed bellow are some of my projects, and if you have a moment, please read them over and tell me what you think. You don't have to join if you don't want to. If you wish to just look and give me feedback, but aren't interested in joining, then that is fine as well.

Monster Trainer
Monster Trainer is a Monster RPG, like Pokemon, but has many original monsters & characters and has a bit of a darker tone.

http://grifkuba.org/gmt/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Card Game
Started off as a Card Game based off of Super Smash Bros., but eventually branched to include other franchises. Now we are working on a Franchise Semi-dependent System, where anyone can create a card to add to an existing group of cards, add new groups of cards based on existing franchises, etc.

http://grifkuba.org/gcg/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Main Wiki
Our Main Wiki, were you can find out more info on Grifkuba, and what we are trying to do.

Main Page: http://grifkuba.org/main/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
Our Projects: http://grifkuba.org/main/wiki/index.php?title=Projects

Offline Axiomist

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
    • WiKirby
Re: Grifkuba's Gaming Services.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 04:13:52 AM »
I was thinking about this earlier. The card game bit really. Many people try to force games like Zelda into card games, and the fits aren't really that natural. (I know, you're not trying to create a Zelda one, but Mario is an odd choice too.) The series that I think is perfect for it already has Land attributes, attack/defense ratings, strengths/defense against X, and abilities for cards.

Nintendo Wars does all that. I can see it being played similar to Magic-The Gathering, with people building a specific deck for Naval, Aerial, Ground combat; having terrain cards such as Mountains which provide defense boosts, but can only be used by foot soldiers. Having to "tap" a certain number of say Air (terrain) cards to employ a Battle Chopper. Substitute "Gas" for a number of lands needing to be tapped to play the card, and so on

CO powers as ability cards. Or even special cards such as a ship being blocked by a hidden submarine. Fog of War- players turn their cards face down and can rearrange them so the attacker wouldn't know what was being attacked until after deciding which card to attack. etc.

It could work out so well.

Plus, repeating characters in a deck is odd, so several Links/Marios, etc would need some explaining. Wars repeats the units anyway so the fit is even more ideal.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 04:16:04 AM by Axiomist »

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 02:28:36 PM »
I was thinking about this earlier. The card game bit really. Many people try to force games like Zelda into card games, and the fits aren't really that natural. (I know, you're not trying to create a Zelda one, but Mario is an odd choice too.) The series that I think is perfect for it already has Land attributes, attack/defense ratings, strengths/defense against X, and abilities for cards.

Actually this make sense. I've been struggling to Transition Zelda and Mario, and have minor successes thus far.

Nintendo Wars does all that. I can see it being played similar to Magic-The Gathering, with people building a specific deck for Naval, Aerial, Ground combat; having terrain cards such as Mountains which provide defense boosts, but can only be used by foot soldiers. Having to "tap" a certain number of say Air (terrain) cards to employ a Battle Chopper. Substitute "Gas" for a number of lands needing to be tapped to play the card, and so on

I would actually like this. I'd need to play more Nintendo Wars, before getting started (i've only played AW2) or ask people who are more familiar with the series than i am for help *hint* *hint*; but i would think it would really be fun.

CO powers as ability cards. Or even special cards such as a ship being blocked by a hidden submarine. Fog of War- players turn their cards face down and can rearrange them so the attacker wouldn't know what was being attacked until after deciding which card to attack. etc.

It could work out so well.

yes, that it would.

Plus, repeating characters in a deck is odd, so several Links/Marios, etc would need some explaining. Wars repeats the units anyway so the fit is even more ideal.

I was going with alternate versions/dimensions/games/etc for reasoning; but, still, your argument makes sense.

Anyway, when the fall comes around, would you be interested in helping put the game together?

Offline Remino52

• PRISM STARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 04:05:13 PM »
Really, you could make a card game with any turn based strategy game, because that is essentially what they are in a sense. Meaning you could do a Fire Emblem game as well.

Look for Big Red on the Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst Private Servers.

Proud supporter of NIWA Wikis!

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 11:07:18 PM »
Really, you could make a card game with any turn based strategy game, because that is essentially what they are in a sense. Meaning you could do a Fire Emblem game as well.

very, very true.

Offline Axiomist

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
    • WiKirby
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 02:59:37 AM »
yeah sometime, this fall I'll make a couple of cards. Which means I'd have to find those old MTG cards to get a refresher. :P

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 05:02:10 PM »
yeah sometime, this fall I'll make a couple of cards. Which means I'd have to find those old MTG cards to get a refresher. :P

sounds good. ;P

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 12:11:36 AM »
Apology for the double post
Apology for the necro-post

hey everyone,

when you get a chance, please check out the latest newsletter i just put out.

http://66.228.42.89/grifkuba/june_30th_newletter.txt

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 03:14:34 PM »
If you ever decide to do a sports game, I can help compile rosters.