Author Topic: Fire Emblem  (Read 27473 times)

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
Re: Fire Emblem
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2011, 01:11:30 AM »
...any help she wants from NIWA, or anything we can do for her to help them out

how's that for timing?

That's very cool.

Not to step on anyone's toes, But the wiki elected an EiC and Her profile has been to Temporal Group 1.

While it's not Yusei, it is still someone who can talk with us about the wiki, and how it is going and such.

Do you mind if i invite her to speak on this thread?

Offline Xizor

• Zelda Wiki Bureaucrat
  • Forum Administrator
  • Talk to me. :)
    • View Profile
    • Legend of Zelda.com
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2011, 09:53:55 AM »
This board is in the staff forums - let's move it out into the public.

I'll leave it to someone else to do in order to also leave time for someone to object. Otherwise, move it on over, so that both Aria and Amy can discuss with us.

Bureaucrat of

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2011, 12:12:49 AM »
Ok, not entirely sure how to ask this:

in moving the thread, are we inviting everyone to discuss the wiki's potential membership?

Offline Xizor

• Zelda Wiki Bureaucrat
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Legend of Zelda.com
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2011, 11:37:17 AM »
No, because the question of membership hasn't come up. This thread is just for coordinating any help NIWA can give to this wiki. When/if they request membership, the discussion will, of course, take place in the Staff boards.

~moved~

Bureaucrat of

Offline BrandedOne

• Fire Emblem Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2011, 12:15:48 PM »
What a fantastic thread to be able to see  ;)

We are growing, albeit slowly. More editors would certainly be helpful.

Just from a cursory glance around the Wiki, a few issues:

1.) Only about 38 articles were created since we last talked about this. Either Fire Emblem doesn't have a lot to talk about, or this Wiki is growing very slowly.
This may be misleading. Our main focus right now is to fill in the some 75% stubs we have, before we go and create more of them. They're all the same type of page; we just need to gather the information (which is easily found here) and fill in the spaces. We just had a discussion last night in our Skype Chat about creating Project Pages in the very near future, which should help in making those articles easier to write.

Offline Yusei

• View Profile
    • Zelda Temple
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 05:51:51 PM »
Why do I keep forgetting my password to here?

Anyways, let me apologize for how you guys see FEW. As BrandedOne said we're trying to currently work on filling some stubs with information, mostly with characters and enemy stats from Serene's Forest (they are awesome). And like already stated, Aria right now is representing FEW for me as I have several projects I do at once and I always tend to change what project I work on. However, Zelda Temple is my main project, and FEW comes in second or third in terms of projects (one project being a novel I'm trying to write which has been on going for four years). So I don't really have a lot of involvement in the wiki itself when I try to focus on things.

As far as personal issues go, I have indeed moved in with my boyfriend. I went from Michigan down to Arkansas to live with him. His computer is three times worse than the computer I had at my Michigan home. I also, along with him, have been searching for work so we can eventually move out, one of our plans that we had ever since I first started to date him. I've got to clean the house alongside him to make up for not having work and not paying rent, as well as watch three children, one mentally retarded (literally) thirteen year old, one who is slow (who is eight/nine), and a hyperactive, impatient, nagging, whining, four-almost-five year old so I'm somewhat constantly busy at times. As well his father and mother ALWAYS seem to b**** at us for being on the computer too much and think it's a waste of time (which is funny since I'm the only one in the household who uses the computer for future potential work, i.e. Web Designing and Coding and his parents use it for facebook games xD).

No, because the question of membership hasn't come up. This thread is just for coordinating any help NIWA can give to this wiki. When/if they request membership, the discussion will, of course, take place in the Staff boards.

As owner and founder, I believe we are not exactly ready with the amount of stubs and wanted pages we have. Maybe when we get down to a reasonable amount of pages and information, THEN we will probably ask for NIWA status, but that will be discussed by the FEW staff itself and we will determine if we are indeed ready for NIWA status.

Anyways I approach and now I go back to my little corner of the universe now. :P

Offline Xizor

• Zelda Wiki Bureaucrat
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Legend of Zelda.com
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 08:56:23 PM »
Thanks for the clarification, guys. :)

Feel free to use this thread to ask for help and to keep us updated on your progress. When you're ready to apply for Membership, send an email to [email protected].

Good luck!

Bureaucrat of

Offline Aria der Donau

• Fire Emblem Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • Fire Emblem Wiki
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2011, 04:26:49 AM »
Hello, everyone. I'm Aria, the current Editor-in-Chief of Fire Emblem Wiki. It's a pleasure to meet all of you, and thanks for caring about us.

Although the wiki is still small, recently we have received the help from experts in templates who come from NIWA wikis, and I would like to thank them for their time. Moreover, they are teaching us, so that we don't have to depend on them all the time.

Sadly, as BrandedOne and Yusei have already stated, there are few active editors. If anyone of you loves Fire Emblem, you are more than welcomed to join us and help, however small or big your contributions may be. We might be few, but we are open to everyone!

If you have any suggestions or questions, I will be here (and there too, of course) to listen to each one of them.

Offline Nintendoguy1

• Marioguy1
  • Super Mario Wiki Staff
  • It's a beautiful country.
    • View Profile
    • Userpedia
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2011, 07:05:28 PM »
Hello, everyone. I'm Aria, the current Editor-in-Chief of Fire Emblem Wiki. It's a pleasure to meet all of you, and thanks for caring about us.

Although the wiki is still small, recently we have received the help from experts in templates who come from NIWA wikis, and I would like to thank them for their time. Moreover, they are teaching us, so that we don't have to depend on them all the time.

Sadly, as BrandedOne and Yusei have already stated, there are few active editors. If anyone of you loves Fire Emblem, you are more than welcomed to join us and help, however small or big your contributions may be. We might be few, but we are open to everyone!

If you have any suggestions or questions, I will be here (and there too, of course) to listen to each one of them.
And even if you're not a fire emblem fan, I'm sure you can go over there and help with coding and maintenance issues - every edit counts!

(see that's why Edofenrir is awesome)

Offline Axiomist

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
    • WiKirby
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2011, 07:19:27 PM »
Add me to your skype chat. I bought FE Shadow Dragon to get some full sized articles created. I focus on levels since you don't really need much other knowledge of the series to write them.

Offline SuperAlpaca

• The awesomest person in the room
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2011, 07:29:37 PM »
I blame tacopill.  ;D

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2011, 04:52:04 AM »
I blame tacopill.  ;D

:P :P :P :P :P

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I get blamed for a lot of things. I should make a thread about it.

</derail>

Offline Yusei

• View Profile
    • Zelda Temple
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2011, 11:25:12 PM »
Got a job interview tomorrow so depending if I get the job or not, I'll be less active or not. So please just contact Aria or someone for info. :3

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2011, 09:17:25 PM »
Got a job interview tomorrow so depending if I get the job or not, I'll be less active or not. So please just contact Aria or someone for info. :3

Although i am a day late, i wish you the best of luck.

Offline Yusei

• View Profile
    • Zelda Temple
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2011, 09:47:56 PM »
Well just to update here... It seems it's all good for the interview, but right now they hired others with more cooking experience. The manager is supposed to call me when they have an opening for the front.

And right now... More time has been cut for being on FEW. I blame my boyfriend's father for getting pissed at me saying *I* need to get a job when he himself has been out of work for 5 months and he hasn't even bothered calling back about his job.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2011, 06:06:21 AM »
that's sad to here on so many levels.

Offline Yusei

• View Profile
    • Zelda Temple
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2011, 04:28:40 PM »
Ok we've decided to make Aria have both Admin and Crat powers since she's been helping so much with the Wiki. And I'm helping when I can, but now I have a job at McDonalds (lol). I think we want to make several good pages first, and most say to focus on the game pages. Did this one earlier: http://fireemblemwiki.info/Fire_Emblem:_Path_of_Radiance

Feel free to tell us what you think we need to work on a bit more before we are ready for NIWA status, if ya want.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2011, 06:20:49 AM »
Ok we've decided to make Aria have both Admin and Crat powers since she's been helping so much with the Wiki. And I'm helping when I can, but now I have a job at McDonalds (lol). I think we want to make several good pages first, and most say to focus on the game pages. Did this one earlier: http://fireemblemwiki.info/Fire_Emblem:_Path_of_Radiance

Feel free to tell us what you think we need to work on a bit more before we are ready for NIWA status, if ya want.

woo! go Aria!  :eekdance:

Offline Aria der Donau

• Fire Emblem Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • Fire Emblem Wiki
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2011, 03:27:31 AM »
Dear staff of NIWA,

as the Editor-in-Chief of the Fire Emblem Wiki, and so, the representative of its members, I want to ask for a formal review of the wiki.

We would like an objective opinion on how our project has fared until now, the possible weak spots that it may have, and if joining at this point is feasible.

For any question, my contact e-mail is in my profile, or you can find me in Skype as "aria der donau"

Thanks in advance,
Aria

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2015, 01:45:52 AM »
Not a staff member, but I approve