Author Topic: There's these kids that hate Nintendo at my school.  (Read 20667 times)

Offline Metechar

• My fanmade Pokémon mascot.
  • Wow! What are all those heads?
    • View Profile
    • PokéFanon!
There's these kids that hate Nintendo at my school.
« on: November 09, 2010, 02:19:42 AM »
They're noobs. They won't even admit that they're just hitting on Nintendo because my friends and I like it! One named Shane says that Zelda is worse than whale poo. Another named Gustavo says it's a FACT that LoZ is...please don't ban me....gay....They even say that NOBODY cares about Mario, Zelda, Pokémon, Kirby, or anything from Nintendo. Another kid named Jeffrey says that everyone likes Superman 64 because I hate it. EVERYBODY hates Superman 64! One next? Everyone likes E.T. The Video Game (Atari) because I hate it? Well that's how it is with these guys. What's wrong about liking Nintendo at age 11? There's EIGHTEEN year olds and up that still like Nintendo! They just don't know what gaming is. These guys like FPS. So do I. Then they will hate FPS. They're messing with their life because of my opinions :P But they won't believe me when I say I like CoD (which I actually do).

Forgot my password, and I may not ever recover it. But you never know! JUST CLICK!

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
Re: There's these kids that hate Nintendo at my school.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 02:31:54 AM »
Okay, some people genuinely don't like Nintendo games. Just let it be because they are entitled to choose which games they want to play.

Offline Metechar

• View Profile
    • PokéFanon!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 02:39:14 AM »
But they hate my friends and me just because we like Nintendo. They make fun of me especially because I actually got an Oracle of Ages book from the school's library.
 They won't admit they "hate" these franchises because I like them. And its really immature to say that a series sucks by stating it's a fact that nobody like it...And in case you didn't know, this is in 6th grade.

Forgot my password, and I may not ever recover it. But you never know! JUST CLICK!

Offline Seritinajii

• Paradichlorobenzene
  • Fire Emblem Wiki Staff
  • Grammar is important!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 03:12:00 AM »
Who cares what these people think, honestly?

If you're really fed up with this go talk to a reliable teacher. Don't be embarrassed to ask for help from an adult. Just make sure it's somebody who'll actually do something.

Sixth grade, I remember.. only two years ago...hahaha....

Offline Tina

• WikiBound Staff
    • View Profile
    • WikiBound
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 03:22:53 AM »
Middle schoolers are jerks. :P

Actually, I can't really say all that much on the matter of middle schoolers being jerks, having been homeschooled throughout middle school (still am, only in 9th grade... derp). But I can safely say that I have heard and seen many cases of people that age being gigantic douches over silly things. "Whoa hey you like ___? HAHA THAT'S AS DUMB AS PONY POOP, LOOK EVERYONE LOOK HOW DUMB THIS KID IS, HE LIKES ___."

I'd just ignore it as much as you can, seeing as it's just preteens being immature (naturally).
WikiBound Editor-in-Chief

Offline SoujiroElric

• Robottle Fight!
    • View Profile
    • Medabots Wiki
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 05:29:41 AM »
Middle schoolers are jerks. :P

Actually, I can't really say all that much on the matter of middle schoolers being jerks, having been homeschooled throughout middle school (still am, only in 9th grade... derp). But I can safely say that I have heard and seen many cases of people that age being gigantic douches over silly things. "Whoa hey you like ___? HAHA THAT'S AS DUMB AS PONY POOP, LOOK EVERYONE LOOK HOW DUMB THIS KID IS, HE LIKES ___."

I'd just ignore it as much as you can, seeing as it's just preteens being immature (naturally).

Myself, being a college student already, can confirm this statement. Just don't mind them and move on, they're being immatures.

Offline Metechar

• View Profile
    • PokéFanon!
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 12:46:17 PM »
I'm starting to inore them. They just annoy me so much that I annoy them back. Now my teacher is very strict. He's possibly the most strict teacher in the school (BTW, my school goes from Kinder to 6th but I'm still technically in Middle School) with one 5th grade teacher being the second. In fact, both of these teachers are also funny...that is if you obey them. But once I told on one of those kids that he pulled my desk away when I sat down. Then my teacher started talking about that if it didn't make me fall, it shouldn't be a problem and stuff. Now there is a reliable yard supervisor that I might tell. But oh well. These guys are jerks. It's stupid to hate on a game series just because a person you hate likes it. Let's say the most annoying kid in the school likes LoZ. Will that mean that I will hate LoZ now? No. One of these guys even liked Pokémon before. Guess what? No more. They seem to hate me becausse when I was in 4th grade, I was a new student in the school. Apparently one of these kids likes making fun of new students. Well when I tried to "fit in", I did things wrong and many started picking on me. In 5th grade, however, most of them stopped. But these guys kept. Now in 6th grade, more kids hate me because they're all thinking Shane is "cool". He's never nice to anyone, and by nice, I mean doesn't really care much about his friends. I gave my best friend Link's Crossbow Training for his First Communion. He gets angry at his friends. I talk at recess to my friends. Those guys are near? They tell me to shut up. They should be thankful that I'm not telling on them that they're cussing in class!

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 09:12:15 PM »
Based on what I understand, you're trying to convince them to like Nintendo... don't do that. Just leave them alone, and they will leave you alone. People who annoy other people do it to get a reaction; don't give them that reaction.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 03:09:39 AM by vince220 »

Offline Metechar

• View Profile
    • PokéFanon!
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 12:57:55 AM »
I'm not convincing them to like Nintendo. I HAVE to put up with them when we do math groups because two of these kids are in my math group. I hate having to put up with them. But I ocassionally ignore them. They sometimes call me "ugly" and always interrupt me talking by telling me to shut up. I would be fine if they didn't like Nintendo. But hating someone BECAUSE they like Nintendo is stupid.

Offline Seritinajii

• Paradichlorobenzene
  • Fire Emblem Wiki Staff
  • Grammar is important!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 01:28:56 AM »
Well, yeah, it is. Hating Nintendo for "hating" you is too. But most likely they don't hate you like enemies would; they instead disdain you like bullies would. Actually, that's what they are.

Again, don't be afraid to tell a teacher if this treatment goes overboard.

Offline TurtwigA

• Wiki editor
  • Why must the space not come?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 01:39:20 AM »
Well, yeah, it is. Hating Nintendo for "hating" you is too. But most likely they don't hate you like enemies would; they instead disdain you like bullies would. Actually, that's what they are.

Again, don't be afraid to tell a teacher if this treatment goes overboard.
From what I've read, they already did. What you need to do is avoid them for a temporary solution. Or gain more supporters, strength in numbers is the greatest tool.

Please give me internets! So much less bulkier than those eggs.
tg.wikkii.com-My Touch! Generations Wiki
chibirobo.wikkii.com My Chibi-Robo! Wiki

Help spread the word about the word smorent! Definition: [smohrent] adj. fluffy. In a sentence: that bear is very smorent.

Offline Metechar

• View Profile
    • PokéFanon!
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 04:33:44 AM »
Well let's just conclude this thread by saying these guys are acting immature. They're immature. 'Nuff said.

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 08:52:19 PM »
I remember Sixth grade, Nintendo 64 had just come out, everyone was talking about it, Ocarina of Time, Goldeneye... I'm sad now

Offline Metechar

• View Profile
    • PokéFanon!
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2010, 02:04:25 AM »
They say hating me because I like Nintendo is mature......They do not know what mature means. I would have been happier if XBOX or Play Station were never made. And Lord Ferrok, that's how today's generation acts. Not all. But most. Only liking new stuff. Unaware of awesome series. Imagine someone didn't know what Super Mario was but plays XBOX and PS their whole life. Exactly. Your era sounds better! People actually CARED about these under rated series! I think some over rated series are L4D, Bioshock, CoD, and Halo. They're good, but over rated. Also, one of these kids said that I was being racist to black people by saying that White version is better than Black version. I said Zekrom looks better than Reshiram and then he said I was using racism. I WAS TALKING ABOUT POKEMON BLACK AND WHITE! I was trying to explain and he kept interrupting by concluding I was being racist. They're immature alright.

Offline Seritinajii

• Paradichlorobenzene
  • Fire Emblem Wiki Staff
  • Grammar is important!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2010, 02:40:36 AM »
We understand that they're immature by now... why don't you just ignore them? You're definitely higher above their level of intelligence. They have to resort to picking on people for stupid reasons.

and hey don't judge our generation from a small sample :( I'm in your generation too, just two grades above! Just that video games aren't popular at our school. Besides violent shooting games.

Offline Metechar

• View Profile
    • PokéFanon!
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 02:13:48 PM »
We understand that they're immature by now... why don't you just ignore them? You're definitely higher above their level of intelligence. They have to resort to picking on people for stupid reasons.

and hey don't judge our generation from a small sample :( I'm in your generation too, just two grades above! Just that video games aren't popular at our school. Besides violent shooting games.

Well at least from my school, almost everyone owns an Xbox. And all my friends at least like Nintendo. I like being around with these kinds of people instead of those who only like CoD and Halo and stuff and hate games that aren't violent. It is stupid to hate games that aren't violent. And my parents are the kind that care about the amount of violence in games. I played CoD MW Reflex at my best friend's house, and it was fun. But I can't get it because of my parents. (continue)

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 02:31:36 PM »
Well, don't let your taste in video games dictate your choice in friends. Find some common ground with them. Most of my friends like the Xbox 360 or PS3 more than the Wii, and all I have is a Wii. Occasionally, they'll throw a joke at me because of it, but that's okay because there's so many other things we talk about and agree on that video game fanboy clashes rarely come up. In the very rare occasions that they do, I just sit back and let the Sony vs. Microsoft conflict arise because I know I won't convince them that Nintendo is better. They have a different taste in games.

Offline Metechar

• View Profile
    • PokéFanon!
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 02:32:10 PM »
I would ignore the jerks who make fun of me just because I don't own any FPS games, but they just do it so much that I get tempted to talk back. They also make fun of me for other things, but mainly liking Nintendo. I was even trying to actually TEACH one of them what maturity is. It is not mature to hate somebody because they like a specific game or games. Then he said it was mature, showing off even MORE immaturity. They're stupid alrgiht.

Offline Zesty Cactus

• Bulbapedia Staff
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2010, 06:47:57 PM »
i got teased all the time in middle school (yes, all 3 grades) because i liked mario and zelda and not whatever crappy GTA clone or FPS was out for the PS2. :/ kids can be stupid and mean, but its not a big deal in the long run. seriously they probably think they're so badass, but they just look like douches to everyone else. try not to let it get to you (yeah right), you've got your own friends, and that's what counts :)

Offline Metechar

• View Profile
    • PokéFanon!
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2010, 12:44:02 AM »
And they say I have no friends..... :P