Author Topic: Mario Fanon Wiki: Ready?  (Read 15846 times)

Offline BooDestroyer

• View Profile
Mario Fanon Wiki: Ready?
« on: November 15, 2010, 05:27:26 AM »
Well, I've heard about this NIWA thing through Mario Wiki, and I gotta say it's great seeing it grow! Heck, when I first came across it, I only saw a few things up in here. But keep going! It's getting good so far!

Anyway, what I was going to say: if we have the Pikmin Fanon Wiki, then fanon wikis for other series may come in afterward as well, I'm sure.

As you'd all know by now, the Mario series is so versatile as an anything-can-happen kind of deal, and most of us are more than willing to put out some of our Mario game ideas. No other place to do so besides the Mario Fanon Wiki, of course! So anyone up for it yet?

Obviously, what fan doesn't have any ideas for future games that could be? Most fans seem to put down any fan-made ideas at all without even giving them a chance, "They suck because they're MADE-UP AND NOT CANON ENOUGH!!". Well guess what, do you want the exact same games as before? Lots of Mario games make up a lot of stuff as they go on, hence the anything-can-happen factor of the series. The people who come up with these ideas have something that all these other fans don't: a sense of creativity, originality, and imagination. With these fanon wikis, the days of when people made good use of all that return.

Oh yeah, and just to make things clear on it, here are just some guidelines that should be followed when it comes to posting your Mario game ideas on there:

• Sure, we all know that the Mario series is versatile as heck, but please don't get too crazy. Be reasonable about your ideas and the character choices you made for it. Know the Mario series well. Nothing far too extravagant for the fundamentals of the Mario series, please! And still, keep gameplay in mind.
  • You can come up with new characters for your ideas (Really, what up-and-coming Mario games don't do that?). But still, try to do something about them. If you're an artist, then go at it and flesh them out (appearance-wise, at least)! Sure they're fan ideas, but they don't "suck because they're not canon enough". Things change all the time.
  • No shoddy jokes or anything like that. If you want a Mario game idea (or an element like a character or item) to really come about, then it's your responsibility to put the extra thought and effort into fleshing the idea out.
  • Overall, if you really do have an idea for a game (or a new character in it), just do your best! We want your imagination and creativity!

And by the way, here's an idea I came up with, where Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina star in their own adventure and do the whole transforming superheroine thing (like in most anime), called Princess Power:
https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B_jiRhl2HuuwYWNiMDhkZmYtNjc0Zi00YWMwLTkyM2EtNDlmOWQ3OGIzN2U1&hl=en
(Hope this works)

Take your time to read it through and review. I'll get more artworks of it soon, I promise. Once I've done that, I'm more than ready to set up a Mario Fanon Wiki article on it.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 07:50:51 AM by BooDestroyer »

Offline Peanut64

• Pikmin Fanon Bureaucrat
  • Pikmin Fanon Staff
    • View Profile
    • Pikmin Fanon
Re: Mario Fanon Wiki: Ready?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 12:15:08 PM »
Well, I've heard about this NIWA thing through Mario Wiki, and I gotta say it's great seeing it grow! Heck, when I first came across it, I only saw a few things up in here. But keep going! It's getting good so far!

Anyway, what I was going to say: if we have the Pikmin Fanon Wiki, then fanon wikis for other series may come in afterward as well, I'm sure.

As you'd all know by now, the Mario series is so versatile as an anything-can-happen kind of deal, and most of us are more than willing to put out some of our Mario game ideas. No other place to do so besides the Mario Fanon Wiki, of course! So anyone up for it yet?

Obviously, what fan doesn't have any ideas for future games that could be? Most fans seem to put down any fan-made ideas at all without even giving them a chance, "They suck because they're MADE-UP AND NOT CANON ENOUGH!!". Well guess what, do you want the exact same games as before? Lots of Mario games make up a lot of stuff as they go on, hence the anything-can-happen factor of the series. The people who come up with these ideas have something that all these other fans don't: a sense of creativity, originality, and imagination. With these fanon wikis, the days of when people made good use of all that return.

Oh yeah, and just to make things clear on it, here are just some guidelines that should be followed when it comes to posting your Mario game ideas on there:

• Sure, we all know that the Mario series is versatile as heck, but please don't get too crazy. Be reasonable about your ideas and the character choices you made for it. Know the Mario series well. Nothing far too extravagant for the fundamentals of the Mario series, please! And still, keep gameplay in mind.
  • You can come up with new characters for your ideas (Really, what up-and-coming Mario games don't do that?). But still, try to do something about them. If you're an artist, then go at it and flesh them out (appearance-wise, at least)! Sure they're fan ideas, but they don't "suck because they're not canon enough". Things change all the time.
  • No shoddy jokes or anything like that. If you want a Mario game idea (or an element like a character or item) to really come about, then it's your responsibility to put the extra thought and effort into fleshing the idea out.
  • Overall, if you really do have an idea for a game (or a new character in it), just do your best! We want your imagination and creativity!

And by the way, here's an idea I came up with, where Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina star in their own adventure and do the whole transforming superheroine thing (like in most anime), called Princess Power:
https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B_jiRhl2HuuwYWNiMDhkZmYtNjc0Zi00YWMwLTkyM2EtNDlmOWQ3OGIzN2U1&hl=en
(Hope this works)

Take your time to read it through and review. I'll get more artworks of it soon, I promise. Once I've done that, I'm more than ready to set up a Mario Fanon Wiki article on it.

The list has been transferred to the Mario Fanon Wiki rules.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 04:36:46 PM »
Hm... are you into sales or infomercials? :D

Anyway, thank you for contributing to the Mario Fanon Wiki and possibly other Fanon wikis out there.

Offline BooDestroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 04:41:21 PM »
Hm... are you into sales or infomercials? :D
Hardehar, I see what you did there.

So yeah, has anybody tried their hand at Mario fanon ideas? This'll be your chance to get them set up.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 04:46:21 PM by BooDestroyer »

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 06:15:16 PM »
Actually, the Forum RPG i trying getting started here is considered Fanon. I am currently in the posses of moving all the Information to Peanut's Mario Fanon Wiki

Offline BooDestroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 09:09:14 PM »
I understand that Mario Fanon Wiki has just begun, but what right now is being worked on with it? I don't see the rules I posted anywhere on its page...

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 09:39:57 PM »
You would need to ask peanut about that one.

Offline BooDestroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 06:23:55 PM »
So...Where the heck is he now? He just came by about a few weeks ago, and then just disappeared for some reason.

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 06:33:55 PM »
Try PMing him. According to his profile, he was active just two days ago.

Offline Peanut64

• Pikmin Fanon Bureaucrat
  • Pikmin Fanon Staff
    • View Profile
    • Pikmin Fanon
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2010, 07:42:06 PM »
No one pm'd me. Do so now.

Offline BooDestroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2010, 08:16:43 PM »
Done and done.

Offline BooDestroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 10:19:00 PM »
Well, I've just received word from him that he's too busy to keep up with updating the Mario Fanon Wiki.

This may have to be left up to another user...If anyone's up for it.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2010, 10:41:24 PM »
I can't be it's director or EiC, if that's what you are looking for; but i can help run it. Patrolling edits and the like.

Offline BooDestroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 02:59:39 PM »
Well, is this still being considered?

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 05:42:28 PM »
Well, is this still being considered?

for what?

Offline BooDestroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2011, 06:09:01 PM »
Is anyone gonna get this started?

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2011, 06:42:04 PM »
Is anyone gonna get this started?

Um...sorry to inform you; but it has been started for a while now.

Check out: http://www.mariofanonwiki.com.

Offline BooDestroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2011, 06:58:02 PM »
Except it still hasn't seen any more updates since November.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2011, 07:03:53 PM »
Except it still hasn't seen any more updates since November.

Yeap.

Unless you count spam as "contributions".

Still, i consider it "started"  :laugh:

Offline BooDestroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2011, 07:06:56 PM »
Peanut64 isn't active as much to handle it.

So if anyone else is around and willing to try more with it, let's get in and try to make use of this Mario Fanon Wiki!