Author Topic: Whatever happened to SEIWA?  (Read 27390 times)

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
Whatever happened to SEIWA?
« on: December 03, 2010, 04:36:44 AM »
Whatever happened to the Square Enix IWA? Are they still considering a move toward independence, or have the talks died down?

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Whatever happened to SEIWA?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 04:56:27 AM »
Whatever happened to the Square Enix IWA? Are they still considering a move toward independence, or have the talks died down?

I wasn't aware there was one, I hope they move to independence, I want my Dragon Quest wiki!

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 04:59:34 AM »
Talks have stopped for the moment, as far as i Know. A major key event that needs to happen is KH Wikia going independent, and the related vote is.....complex.

They launched the first vote, and in the middle of it a hosting option appeared. When the vote finished, a lot of people petitioned for a second vote, as they feel the options weren't clear, and some claimed that only have the active users actually voted.

So, KrytenKoro, the one running the vote, said, to be fair, all the admins who voted the first time, had to agree to a second vote, before they can actually do a second vote.

They got the last needed admin's permission last week.

Now they are working on a second vote, and this time around, they want to make sure all of the options are clear and detailed, so everyone can understand them.

The second vote needs to come out for independence, in order for a proper IWA to form (in my opinion), so if they vote to go to Wikkii or ShoutWiki, they can form a wiki group, but i don't think it will be an IWA!

So, like i said, it's complex.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 05:03:58 AM by tacopill »

Offline leem01

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 02:04:37 PM »
Loving the -IWA's there tacopill. By the way, when they form, will NIWA affiliate with them as a fellow IWA.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 07:30:50 PM »
Loving the -IWA's there tacopill. By the way, when they form, will NIWA affiliate with them as a fellow IWA.

Thank you. I would love for NIWA and SEIWA to affiliate, and possibly get together for wiki discussions.

Offline Tucayo

• Super Mario Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • MarioWiki's Shroom
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 09:55:32 PM »

Thank you. I would love for NIWA and SEIWA to affiliate, and possibly get together for wiki discussions.

Yeah, I had thought the purpose of other IWA's was to affiliate with them

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 12:16:07 AM »

Yeah, I had thought the purpose of other IWA's was to affiliate with them

was i not conveying that?

Offline TurtwigA

• Wiki editor
  • Why must the space not come?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 01:10:17 AM »
Question: Would there ever be an IWA hub site if it becomes very big?

Please give me internets! So much less bulkier than those eggs.
tg.wikkii.com-My Touch! Generations Wiki
chibirobo.wikkii.com My Chibi-Robo! Wiki

Help spread the word about the word smorent! Definition: [smohrent] adj. fluffy. In a sentence: that bear is very smorent.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2010, 01:33:44 AM »

I would think so. It would probably link to all the member IWA's, in a similar fashion to how NIWA has it's members. 

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 04:06:22 AM »
I noticed this SEIWA plan on Wikia. Currently, there is no designated Tomb Raider Wiki on the list at the bottom of the page. If you want, you could bring up this wiki. It is very well-developed with over 1800 articles, and it is already independent.

Also, Square Enix published Call of Duty: Black Ops in Japan.

Offline Archaic

• Bulbagarden Webmaster
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bulbagarden
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2010, 04:32:53 AM »

I would think so. It would probably link to all the member IWA's, in a similar fashion to how NIWA has it's members. 
I think there'd be one before it even gets big. Once SEIWA forms, I'll think I'll buy a domain for it and set up a forum for collaboration and planning on the spot.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2010, 05:00:56 AM »

I think there'd be one before it even gets big. Once SEIWA forms, I'll think I'll buy a domain for it and set up a forum for collaboration and planning on the spot.

Sweet..... If you do so, please tell me. I would like to help out on it.

I noticed this SEIWA plan on Wikia. Currently, there is no designated Tomb Raider Wiki on the list at the bottom of the page. If you want, you could bring up this wiki. It is very well-developed with over 1800 articles, and it is already independent.

Also, Square Enix published Call of Duty: Black Ops in Japan.

I've added the Tomb Raider, Here. Don't Know what to to About CoD:BO, though.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 05:06:08 AM by tacopill »

Offline Pikawil

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 03:58:23 AM »
Don't Know what to to About CoD:BO, though.
Squeenix only holds the Japanese publishing rights to MW2 and BO; in its home country and the rest of the world (which is what should count to us Westerners), COD is 100% Activision. And given Activision's MO, I think they'd rather ally with Wikia.

Offline R7308xx

• The poison in your drink... whoops.
  • New and, unfortunately, improved.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2010, 05:05:34 AM »
What we need is a SEIWA, a CIWA, a KIWA, and a SIWA (Square Enix, Capcom, Konami, and Sega).
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 12:06:19 AM by RamblinEvilMushroomDS »
I blame the economy.

Offline Garrett

• StrategyWiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2010, 07:47:53 AM »
What we need is a SEIWA, a CIWA, a RIWA, and a SIWA (Square Enix, Capcom, Rare, and Sony).
A key prerequisite is finding motivated fans to run them and make them just as lively as NIWA. The SEIWA idea came about specifically because there are people interested in doing this very thing.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010, 05:37:30 AM »
What we need is a SEIWA, a CIWA, a RIWA, and a SIWA (Square Enix, Capcom, Rare, and Sony).
A key prerequisite is finding motivated fans to run them and make them just as lively as NIWA. The SEIWA idea came about specifically because there are people interested in doing this very thing.

This is true. I got kind of got lucky that someone from Kingdom Hearts Wiki found my thread. We are going to be less likely with capcom or any of the others if we are not involved in their wikis, and/or they are not involved here.

Offline leem01

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2010, 07:06:40 AM »
tacopill, you should become IWA Co-ordinator  :eekdance:

If each IWA would have a different color scheme. It would be absolouetly brilliant!

Offline Maxite

• Icaruspedia Staff
  • Otaku Nut
    • View Profile
    • OtakuDeus
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2010, 07:19:36 AM »
I'd second that nomination, if there were other IWAs to coordinate with right now. I think we should start putting energies in trying to start up other IWAs that are lower hanging.

Offline Xizor

• Zelda Wiki Bureaucrat
  • Forum Administrator
  • Talk to me. :)
    • View Profile
    • Legend of Zelda.com
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2010, 11:19:53 AM »
What are you guys even talking about? Does SEIWA even exist? Does anything else even exist? Is NIWA finished? Are you finished? What else do you have to deal with? Start thinking, guys, rather than just talking about stuff that sounds cool.

These other "IWA" organizations needs to come up on their own. We cannot make them. We SHOULDN'T make them. NIWA worked because of why we made it, and we did not make it for no reason. So far, I see no reason why any other IWA should exist if the Wikis who would join it don't seem to want it enough to do it themselves.

Bureaucrat of

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2010, 08:22:48 PM »
tacopill, you should become IWA Co-ordinator  :eekdance:

If each IWA would have a different color scheme. It would be absolouetly brilliant!
I'd second that nomination, if there were other IWAs to coordinate with right now. I think we should start putting energies in trying to start up other IWAs that are lower hanging.

Thank you. If i were given a chance to do so, I would try my best at it. But i would only do so with the people who have helped me get so far.

What are you guys even talking about? Does SEIWA even exist? Does anything else even exist? Is NIWA finished? Are you finished? What else do you have to deal with? Start thinking, guys, rather than just talking about stuff that sounds cool.

Never! I wouldn't be doing it unless it sounded cool in the first place.

It's why i joined NIWA in the first place. I saw the article on Bulbanews, said "Ooo, this looks cool" and signed up for the forums 5 mins later.

It's why i agreed to help start a Star Fox wiki and an EarthBound wiki: It sounded cool. (and i enjoy helping out....and i think wiki's are one of the best inventions - ever).

Also, in my opinion, NIWA can never be "finished". But it doesn't need to be in my opinion. Becuase if it was finished, then we wouldn't be no need for it any more. Everyone would move on, or we would convert to a full-fledged Nintendo fan community.

These other "IWA" organizations needs to come up on their own. We cannot make them. We SHOULDN'T make them. NIWA worked because of why we made it, and we did not make it for no reason. So far, I see no reason why any other IWA should exist if the Wikis who would join it don't seem to want it enough to do it themselves.

But who said we were forcing them to do anything? I am working with the guys in KH to form SEIWA; but only because they have expressed interest informing it. I'll recommend an idea or two, based on what i have seen working here, but it still there choice on whether or not implement it. If they wish to go with a different idea, then they can. I presume no authority over them.

Also, how are they going to want it if they don't know it exists? If we want other wikis to want IWAs to form, we need to at least introduce the idea to them and let them take it from their.

In addition, you say "we did not make it for no reason". So what reason would that be? from my stand point, it's to encourage wiki's to go independent. To get off of wiki farms. So, then why would we not want other allies helping us out? A Sega one, Capcom one, a Rare one, a Level-5 one, an Anime/Manga one and a Square-Enix one. Banding together, helping each other out.

Even if it's not coming together against a common enemy, we can still come together to swap ideas of how to run IWA's, how to better server the wiki's and the Fandoms as a whole. Because in my opinion this is what it's all for: The fans of the series themselves.

Anyway, If any wiki's/people/etc. tell me they are not interested in forming one, then i will drop the subject. If they form on their own, without my influence, then that's great. But i think the NIWA system is a great idea, and i would love it to see other of them pop-up around the internet.

And i am willing to help anyone who expresses interest in doing so.