Author Topic: Are you a Nintendo nerd?  (Read 24334 times)

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
Re: Are you a Nintendo nerd?
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2010, 07:47:19 PM »
Do I count as a Nintendo nerd if I have a Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo 64, a Wii, and 30+ games between them.

I also have several Pokemon figurines (from pre-orders), some old Pokemon trading cards (from the original starter pack), Pokemon books, Pokemon game guides, the old Pokeballs and Pokemon toys when Burger King was giving those away for the first movie.

pfft, i had 30 games on the NES and GameCube each.

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2010, 07:50:01 PM »
Do I count as a Nintendo nerd if I have a Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo 64, a Wii, and 30+ games between them.

I also have several Pokemon figurines (from pre-orders), some old Pokemon trading cards (from the original starter pack), Pokemon books, Pokemon game guides, the old Pokeballs and Pokemon toys when Burger King was giving those away for the first movie.

yeah, same here, did you buy them new or used? I'd buy them used, much cheeper

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2010, 08:26:15 PM »

yeah, same here, did you buy them new or used? I'd buy them used, much cheeper

Mixed, some i get new and some i get as presents; Most of my NES games were given to me from a friend of mind (I was 6, so i couldn't actually by them), which technically made them old. 

Later generations have me buying a higher and higher percentage of the library.

Offline pokemonforever2929

• pokemon will forever previel! go pocket monsters!
  • the reason nintendo is on top
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2010, 02:10:58 AM »
"Not unless you do a nintendo character for holloween"
I did both mario and luigi for holloween! 8)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 02:29:28 AM by master crazy hand »
------------------------------------------------------------
nintendo forever!!!
do I really have to do the garbage mom?:(
omg a forum
p-o-k-e-m-o-n
the offspring of master and crazy hands
this is a long sig
that is why I am ending it here

Offline TurtwigA

• Wiki editor
  • Why must the space not come?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2010, 02:28:34 AM »
Do pictures count as posters? Because I have one of Ash Ketchum with his first Pokémon.

Please give me internets! So much less bulkier than those eggs.
tg.wikkii.com-My Touch! Generations Wiki
chibirobo.wikkii.com My Chibi-Robo! Wiki

Help spread the word about the word smorent! Definition: [smohrent] adj. fluffy. In a sentence: that bear is very smorent.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2010, 02:41:26 AM »
Do pictures count as posters? Because I have one of Ash Ketchum with his first Pokémon.

it could, but where do you put it?

Offline TurtwigA

• Wiki editor
  • Why must the space not come?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2010, 03:11:34 AM »
shelf, it's been with me so long I fear it would fall and break.

Please give me internets! So much less bulkier than those eggs.
tg.wikkii.com-My Touch! Generations Wiki
chibirobo.wikkii.com My Chibi-Robo! Wiki

Help spread the word about the word smorent! Definition: [smohrent] adj. fluffy. In a sentence: that bear is very smorent.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2010, 03:51:42 AM »
shelf, it's been with me so long I fear it would fall and break.

ok, then it counts. As you care enough, not to touch it.   ;)

Offline Metechar

• My fanmade Pokémon mascot.
  • Wow! What are all those heads?
    • View Profile
    • PokéFanon!
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2010, 03:55:36 AM »
On third-party, I used to have a Sonic figure and a Megaman electronic figure. I also used to have an Aiai(Monkey Ball) plush.

Forgot my password, and I may not ever recover it. But you never know! JUST CLICK!

Offline R7308xx

• The poison in your drink... whoops.
  • New and, unfortunately, improved.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2010, 04:18:33 AM »
Hmmm... If you count having every single Game and Watch ever made, unopened, in a box, your EarthBound strategy guide from `97 with the scratch-n-sniffs still intact, 109 Pokémon plushies (Gotta Catch Em All!), a toy box full of Nintendo figurines, 4 posters, and a Lucas and Toon Link Halloween costume, then yes, I am a Nintendo nerd.
I blame the economy.

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2010, 04:21:16 AM »
Hmmm... If you count having every single Game and Watch ever made, unopened, in a box, your EarthBound strategy guide from `97 with the scratch-n-sniffs still intact, 109 Pokémon plushies (Gotta Catch Em All!), a toy box full of Nintendo figurines, 4 posters, and a Lucas and Toon Link Halloween costume, then yes, I am a Nintendo nerd.

How did you get those?

Offline R7308xx

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2010, 04:22:33 AM »

How did you get those?

Trade N' Games, doubt anyone's heard of them.
I blame the economy.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2010, 05:50:32 AM »

How did you get those?

i can honestly say, i have never heard of them. Are they a small store in a mall? website?

Offline R7308xx

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2010, 06:01:45 AM »

How did you get those?

i can honestly say, i have never heard of them. Are they a small store in a mall? website?

They're near St. Louis, their website is http://tradengames.com/productcart/pc/home.asp. They're a used game store and they very rarely get in games as old as Game and Watch. Doubt you'll find one, though they have some pretty sick s***, like Super Mario All-Stars+World, and I also once saw the Japanese Mother 2. You can buy from them online.
I blame the economy.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2010, 06:16:33 AM »

How did you get those?

They're near St. Louis, their website is http://tradengames.com/productcart/pc/home.asp. They're a used game store and they very rarely get in games as old as Game and Watch. Doubt you'll find one, though they have some pretty sick s***, like Super Mario All-Stars+World, and I also once saw the Japanese Mother 2. You can buy from them online.

cool, thank you.

Offline pikachu8090

• I haunt Vegeta... he killed me!!!!
  • Guess who it is!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2010, 03:49:45 AM »
is having 2005-06 and 09-10 Nintendo Power magazines and having a lot of Pokemon cards and getting Kirby's epic yarn and Donkey Kong country returns for Christmas and having a super Nintendo with Mario all stars and still play it and beat super mario bros (both reg and star) and bros two and having a mario game for every system i have a Nintendo nerd?

I also have 2 pokemon videos and a kirby right back at ya video and played every Nintendo system (except game and watch and N64)

Also every generation of pokemon game (at least 2 [Gen V yet])
thanks to Kyuuketsuki on Bulbagarden for making this awesome banner

Guess who I am?!

Offline Mari-Illustrious-Makinami

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2010, 04:05:51 AM »
I own every Nintendo console sans the GameCube, Game Boy Advance SP, Game Boy micro, DS Phat, DSi, and DSi XL, five Pokémon plushies, a Kirby plushie, I sleep with my Kirby and Wobbuffet plushies on a pillow with a Pokémon pillowcase and Mario bedsheets.

I own 17 games for the NES, 26 for the SNES, 15 for the Game Boy, 9 for the Game Boy Colour, 16 for the Nintendo 64, 18 for the Game Boy Advance, 12 for the DS, and currently 0 for the Wii. (I'm getting it tomorrow).

I've beaten Super Mario Bros in around 5 minutes with the use of Warp Zones and 12 minutes without, I've completed the Pokédex in most Pokémon games sans SoulSilver.

I've imported/downloaded Japan-only Nintendo games because I wanted to play them that badly.

I've seen the Mario movie, both the anime one from 1986 and the live action-one from 1993. I own the book "How to Draw Nintendo Heroes and Villians"

I own various DVDs and videos related to Nintendo franchises.

Offline Nintendoguy1

• Marioguy1
  • Super Mario Wiki Staff
  • It's a beautiful country.
    • View Profile
    • Userpedia
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2010, 09:33:24 AM »
I own every Nintendo console sans the GameCube, Game Boy Advance SP, Game Boy micro, DS Phat, DSi, and DSi XL, five Pokémon plushies, a Kirby plushie, I sleep with my Kirby and Wobbuffet plushies on a pillow with a Pokémon pillowcase and Mario bedsheets.

I own 17 games for the NES, 26 for the SNES, 15 for the Game Boy, 9 for the Game Boy Colour, 16 for the Nintendo 64, 18 for the Game Boy Advance, 12 for the DS, and currently 0 for the Wii. (I'm getting it tomorrow).

I've beaten Super Mario Bros in around 5 minutes with the use of Warp Zones and 12 minutes without, I've completed the Pokédex in most Pokémon games sans SoulSilver.

I've imported/downloaded Japan-only Nintendo games because I wanted to play them that badly.

I've seen the Mario movie, both the anime one from 1986 and the live action-one from 1993. I own the book "How to Draw Nintendo Heroes and Villians"

*blink*

(see that's why Edofenrir is awesome)

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2010, 09:40:07 PM »

*blink*

i ditto the reaction.

Offline Terra

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2011, 11:28:01 PM »
Not essentially. I have mostly Nintendo stuff.