Author Topic: Nintendo should just give up.  (Read 18334 times)

Offline MuffinPaula

• Sony Fangirl
    • View Profile
Nintendo should just give up.
« on: December 28, 2010, 03:10:47 AM »
Nintendo should just give up. I mean, looking at the current systems, the Nintendo DS is seriously behind the times (in graphical capabilities) and the PlayStation Portable will soon overtake the DS. The Wii is also outdated as well and with the PlayStation Move, which offers 1:1 motion detection, I expect the Wii's sales will slowly grind to a halt by mid-2011. I mean, the Wii Remote's motion detection is so finicky! They should've recalled it and tried again.

Now as for the 3DS, it will fail because it will cost $500. That's too much for a handheld console. And Sony's making the PlayStation Portable 2, it will have a touch screen, two analog nubs, be in HD, and can play all PlayStation, PlayStation 2, and PlayStation 3 titles from the start.

As for online, if anything this is why Nintendo will fail, they need to redo it all. Get rid of those dumb Friend Code things and add the things that make online gaming on the PlayStation 3 great, trophies, a Nintendo Home, get rid of those butt-ugly Miis, full voice-chat for everything.

Nintendo also needs to learn that people don't want kiddy games anymore. They should make more mature titles to keep up with the current trend. Get rid of the kiddy Mario and Pokémon series. The Legend of Zelda can stay, just make it a little more mature. (Make Link talk is a big one, the series will be great if he does this). And that Nintendogs crap? Get rid of it.

All in all, I feel that Nintendo should just give up during the next generation and either completely redo their image or drop out of the console business and become a third-party developer.
I AM THE SINGLE REVEALER ON TRUTH ON THESE FORUMS FILLED WITH LIERS AND FANBOYS

Offline Nintendoguy1

• Marioguy1
  • Super Mario Wiki Staff
  • It's a beautiful country.
    • View Profile
    • Userpedia
Re: Nintendo should just give up.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 03:13:11 AM »
Nintendo should just give up. I mean, looking at the current systems, the Nintendo DS is seriously behind the times (in graphical capabilities) and the PlayStation Portable will soon overtake the DS. The Wii is also outdated as well and with the PlayStation Move, which offers 1:1 motion detection, I expect the Wii's sales will slowly grind to a halt by mid-2011. I mean, the Wii Remote's motion detection is so finicky! They should've recalled it and tried again.

Now as for the 3DS, it will fail because it will cost $500. That's too much for a handheld console. And Sony's making the PlayStation Portable 2, it will have a touch screen, two analog nubs, be in HD, and can play all PlayStation, PlayStation 2, and PlayStation 3 titles from the start.

As for online, if anything this is why Nintendo will fail, they need to redo it all. Get rid of those dumb Friend Code things and add the things that make online gaming on the PlayStation 3 great, trophies, a Nintendo Home, get rid of those butt-ugly Miis, full voice-chat for everything.

Nintendo also needs to learn that people don't want kiddy games anymore. They should make more mature titles to keep up with the current trend. Get rid of the kiddy Mario and Pokémon series. The Legend of Zelda can stay, just make it a little more mature. (Make Link talk is a big one, the series will be great if he does this). And that Nintendogs crap? Get rid of it.

All in all, I feel that Nintendo should just give up during the next generation and either completely redo their image or drop out of the console business and become a third-party developer.
Or, maybe, they can look at the millions of fans the Mario and Pokémon series have and make a decision not influenced by someone with a personal preference for more mature game series. Or what you said, either way.

(see that's why Edofenrir is awesome)

Offline Tina

• WikiBound Staff
    • View Profile
    • WikiBound
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 03:16:49 AM »
WikiBound Editor-in-Chief

Offline Mari-Illustrious-Makinami

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 03:17:36 AM »
the PlayStation Portable will soon overtake the DS.
Nintendo has sold 135.58 million Nintendo DS/DS Lite/DSi/DSi XL units. Sony has sold 62 million PlayStation Portable units.

<3 Homestar Runner

Offline HavocReaper48

• The Falcon Punch Master
  • Donkey Kong Wiki Staff
  • Orly?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 03:24:16 AM »
Oh yeah, the MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of sales, with the Wii's Wii Sports and Wii Party game being the best selling games in forever and the DS the highest selling video game handheld in the world, should all just be given up on.

Good one.

Enough with the graphics complaining, go back to your Black Ops and leave us alone.

You know what they say, all graphics and no game play! -- Cranky Kong
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 03:26:18 AM by HavocReaper48 »

Offline MuffinPaula

• Sony Fangirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 03:30:38 AM »
You're all just pointless fanboys who think that Nintendo is God and they do no wrong.

Please, Sony invented modern gaming.

Offline HavocReaper48

• The Falcon Punch Master
  • Donkey Kong Wiki Staff
  • Orly?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 03:37:27 AM »
If I had a dime for every wrong move Nintendo made I could afford all of the game systems.

We're not saying it's perfect.

Also buddy, without Nintendo there would be no Playstation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_%28console%29#Early_development

Offline Nintendoguy1

• Marioguy1
  • Super Mario Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • Userpedia
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 03:39:47 AM »
Bestselling games (according to Wikipedia):
1. Wii Sports
2. Super Mario Bros.
3. Tetris
4. Mario Kart Wii
5. New Super Mario Bros.
6. Nintendogs
7. Pokémon Red and Blue
8. Wii Fit
9. Wii Sports Resort
10. Super Mario World
11. Super Mario Bros. 3
12. Brain Age
13. Mario Kart DS
14. Pokémon Diamond and Pearl
15. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

So the first game off of a Nintendo system is number 15. Not even in the top 10. I rest my point.

EDIT:
You're all just pointless fanboys who think that Nintendo is God and they do no wrong.

And you are just a pointless fanboy who thinks that Sony is God and it does no wrong.

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 03:44:29 AM »
Is this our first real troll and or spam raid (albit a pathetic one)? We finally are a real forum!

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 03:46:03 AM »
I seem to remember one from back when I first joined. (or was it a little before?)

Offline MuffinPaula

• Sony Fangirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 03:46:44 AM »
Bestselling games (according to Wikipedia):
1. Wii Sports
2. Super Mario Bros.
3. Tetris
4. Mario Kart Wii
5. New Super Mario Bros.
6. Nintendogs
7. Pokémon Red and Blue
8. Wii Fit
9. Wii Sports Resort
10. Super Mario World
11. Super Mario Bros. 3
12. Brain Age
13. Mario Kart DS
14. Pokémon Diamond and Pearl
15. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

So the first game off of a Nintendo system is number 15. Not even in the top 10. I rest my point.

EDIT:

And you are just a pointless fanboy who thinks that Sony is God and it does no wrong.
Wikipedia is run by Nintendo you idiot.

Offline Maxite

• Icaruspedia Staff
  • Otaku Nut
    • View Profile
    • OtakuDeus
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2010, 03:49:36 AM »
Nintendo should just give up. I mean, looking at the current systems, the Nintendo DS is seriously behind the times (in graphical capabilities) and the PlayStation Portable will soon overtake the DS.
No.

The Wii is also outdated as well and with the PlayStation Move, which offers 1:1 motion detection, I expect the Wii's sales will slowly grind to a halt by mid-2011. I mean, the Wii Remote's motion detection is so finicky! They should've recalled it and tried again.
No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

Offline dkpat

• The Jupiter Adept
  • Golden Sun Universe Staff
  • Tada!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dkpat.net
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2010, 03:51:04 AM »
LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Now that is hilarious.

Offline MuffinPaula

• Sony Fangirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2010, 04:12:19 AM »
Nintendo should just give up. I mean, looking at the current systems, the Nintendo DS is seriously behind the times (in graphical capabilities) and the PlayStation Portable will soon overtake the DS.
No.

The Wii is also outdated as well and with the PlayStation Move, which offers 1:1 motion detection, I expect the Wii's sales will slowly grind to a halt by mid-2011. I mean, the Wii Remote's motion detection is so finicky! They should've recalled it and tried again.
No.

No.

No.

No.

No.
Those are all the same site, you damn moron.

Just like a Nintendo fanboy to glorify Nintendo.

Offline Nintendoguy1

• Marioguy1
  • Super Mario Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • Userpedia
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2010, 04:15:33 AM »
LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Now that is hilarious.
XD

Anyways, @MuffinPaula: That's because it only takes one site to prove you wrong :(

And just for the record, two of those are different.

EDIT: I think you should just give up about now.

Offline MuffinPaula

• Sony Fangirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2010, 04:27:08 AM »
Sony will shut you guys down.

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2010, 04:28:36 AM »
I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.

Offline Nintendoguy1

• Marioguy1
  • Super Mario Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • Userpedia
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2010, 04:31:20 AM »
What I want to know is why someone of this maturity level is playing such inappropriate games. I'm not going to specify an age but shouldn't you be, like, over 12 before playing?

Offline MuffinPaula

• Sony Fangirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2010, 04:47:04 AM »
You're all just jealous of Ken Kutaragi's 30 d***s.

Offline Nintendoguy1

• Marioguy1
  • Super Mario Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • Userpedia
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2010, 04:47:56 AM »
And you're just desperate :)

Now can we stop trolling? On both sides?