Poll

What gameboy games do you want released on 3DS Virtual Console?

Super Mario Land GB
5 (9.1%)
Wario Land GB
2 (3.6%)
Metroid  GB
3 (5.5%)
Pac Man/Ms. Pac Man
2 (3.6%)
Metal Gear GB
2 (3.6%)
Pokemon Yellow GB (Colorized)
7 (12.7%)
Pokemon Crystal GBC
6 (10.9%)
DK Country GBC
3 (5.5%)
Zelda Oracle Seasons/ages GBC
7 (12.7%)
Kirby's Pinball Land GBC
2 (3.6%)
Pokemon Pinball (R/S or original)
3 (5.5%)
Sonic Advanced
1 (1.8%)
Sonic Spinball GBA
1 (1.8%)
Golden Sun GBA
6 (10.9%)
Super Mario Advanced (series) GBA
2 (3.6%)
Yoshi's Safari
1 (1.8%)
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (With SNES All-Star graphics mode)
2 (3.6%)
Mario Paint (I hear it's fun)
0 (0%)
Tetris 360(degrees) it was monochrome, but it could have GBC tetris as well
0 (0%)
Sega Gamegear VC
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console  (Read 39459 times)

Offline Tattletale1

• Cartoonist
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2011, 09:34:45 PM »
Found it!

It makes sense, too. Remaking a remake would be sorta stupid. (Also hey Golden Sun's on there too.)
But I'm pretty certain Nintendo themselves only said it would have Game Boy, Game Boy Colour, and Classic Games in 3D...
What are "Classic games" anyway?
Check out my flipnotes at http://flipnote.hatena.com/5386D14051D4DB8F@DSi/

My username is due to my overuse of Goomba Tattle abilities in Paper Mario games.

Offline Tattletale1

• Cartoonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2011, 09:52:57 PM »
It would be interesting if Wi-Fi was implemented into RGB/Y (though the original game engine itself remained unchanged), it could include random Wi-Fi and friend battles. It would be great to see a revival of the Generation I meta-game. Go Mewtwo.

Plus, it would be a good application for Generation I glitch battles assuming that the Ditto glitch, Old Man glitch etc. aren't removed from the game. Go 3trainerpoké!  :)
Quote from: Tacopill
I'd like to see Pokemon Yellow revival. All three starters + pikachu!
I think it would be nice to include the original Pokemon Yellow on Virtual Console, not Changing any stats, except maybe adding a few minor changes, (Shiny Sprites, Johto Pokemon tradable from downloadable Crystal Version, G/S style item bag, Wi-fi Mystery gift, Wi-Fi Trades, & Random Online battles acsessed via Indigo Plateau, and all Trainers can be rebattled (except Team Rocket) after beating the Elite Four, a few with more Powerful Pokemon than before, and possibly a battle with Professor Oak in place of Viridian Gym Leader Post-Elite Four, and Rocket's lesser known "CHEIF SCIENTEST would like to battle" at the Game Corner Management building, using Pokemon that Giovanni used.  "Pikachu's Surf minigame" or "Pokemon Mini" would replace slot machines at Rocket Game Corner, in the U.S. versions of the game.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:32:13 AM by Tattletale1 »

My username is due to my overuse of Goomba Tattle abilities in Paper Mario games.

Offline Mari-Illustrious-Makinami

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2011, 12:51:35 PM »
Found it!

It makes sense, too. Remaking a remake would be sorta stupid. (Also hey Golden Sun's on there too.)
But I'm pretty certain Nintendo themselves only said it would have Game Boy, Game Boy Colour, and Classic Games in 3D...
What are "Classic games" anyway?
Things like Pac-Man, Super Mario Bros, Frogger, Tetris, etc. I guess.

Offline Tattletale1

• Cartoonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2011, 08:44:25 PM »
They Should Release Tilt GBA games onto Virtual Console though....

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2011, 07:53:33 PM »
I think it would be nice to include the original Pokemon Yellow on Virtual Console, not Changing any stats, except maybe adding a few minor changes, (Shiny Sprites, Johto Pokemon tradable from Crystal Version, G/S style item bag, Wi-fi Mystery gift, Wi-Fi Trades, & Random Online battles acsessed via Indigo Plateau, and all Trainers can be rebattled (except Team Rocket) after beating the Elite Four, a few with more Powerful Pokemon than before, and possibly a battle with Professor Oak in place of Viridian Gym Leader Post-Elite Four, and Rocket's lesser known "CHEIF SCIENTEST would like to battle" at the Game Corner Management building.  "Pikachu's Surf minigame" or "Pokemon Mini" would replace slot machines at Rocket Game Corner, in the U.S. versions of the game.

Wait, do you mean to not have them update to the modern game standards like: Special broken up into Special Defense and Special Attack; Moves switched over to nature-based categories instead of type-based; etc?

If so, it may make it incompatible with 5th Gen games.

They Should Release Tilt GBA games onto Virtual Console though....

That may be difficult, since the games came with specific hardware built in to detect the rotation of the GBA. Now, if that hardware was built into the 3DS - that would be cool.

Offline Maxite

• Icaruspedia Staff
  • Otaku Nut
    • View Profile
    • OtakuDeus
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2011, 08:05:23 PM »
The 3DS comes with built in accelerometers, so those could be use to determine orientation (and thus tilt).

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 05:46:30 AM »
Kirby's Tilt n' Tumble anyone?

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2011, 10:03:17 PM »
The 3DS comes with built in accelerometers, so those could be use to determine orientation (and thus tilt).

Ah, ok. Sounds good.

Offline pikachu8090

• I haunt Vegeta... he killed me!!!!
  • Guess who it is!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2011, 11:10:01 PM »
There should be (thinking of what it was.....)  mario kart GBA too that would be cool
thanks to Kyuuketsuki on Bulbagarden for making this awesome banner

Guess who I am?!

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2011, 06:05:18 AM »
There should be (thinking of what it was.....)  mario kart GBA too that would be cool

It seems, lately, that Nintendo likes to re-release tracks from Previous Mario Karts each and everytime.....

Offline Tattletale1

• Cartoonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2011, 12:38:22 AM »
I think it would be nice to include the original Pokemon Yellow on Virtual Console, not Changing any stats, except maybe adding a few minor changes, (Shiny Sprites, Johto Pokemon tradable from Crystal Version, G/S style item bag, Wi-fi Mystery gift, Wi-Fi Trades, & Random Online battles acsessed via Indigo Plateau, and all Trainers can be rebattled (except Team Rocket) after beating the Elite Four, a few with more Powerful Pokemon than before, and possibly a battle with Professor Oak in place of Viridian Gym Leader Post-Elite Four, and Rocket's lesser known "CHEIF SCIENTEST would like to battle" at the Game Corner Management building.  "Pikachu's Surf minigame" or "Pokemon Mini" would replace slot machines at Rocket Game Corner, in the U.S. versions of the game.

Wait, do you mean to not have them update to the modern game standards like: Special broken up into Special Defense and Special Attack; Moves switched over to nature-based categories instead of type-based; etc?

No, only update a few things to Gen II Standards, (colorizing, item bag, wirless trading, Shiny Sprites-pink butterfree, Wi-Fi (Jp. Crystal battle/Mystery gift features acsessed through main menu)

« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 07:13:40 PM by Tattletale1 »

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2011, 10:20:18 PM »

No, only update a few things to Gen II Standards, (colorizing, item bag, wirless trading, Shiny Sprites-pink butterfree, Wi-Fi (Jp. Crystal battle/Mystery gift features acsessed through main menu)

I apologize, but i don't see how updating it to an out-of-date standards would be helpful. Although, if the 3DS VC is like the Wii VC, then it would make sense.

Offline Tattletale1

• Cartoonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2011, 08:08:05 PM »
It is essensially the same as Wii virtual console, except multiplayer is reworked for a wireless system instead of a link cable, Classic Games would include NES for GBA, and maybe (but likely not right away, if at all) other landmark GBA games like Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, and Tilt function games like Warioware Twisted, and Pokemon Pinball R/S would appear as GBA Virtual console,

Offline R7308xx

• The poison in your drink... whoops.
  • New and, unfortunately, improved.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2011, 08:30:06 PM »
I was wondering if they would release Pokémon Blue on the Virtual Console, since Yellow is different and essentially the 4th version of Gen 1.
I blame the economy.

Offline pikachu8090

• I haunt Vegeta... he killed me!!!!
  • Guess who it is!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2011, 08:56:48 PM »
I would like to see pokemon gen I & II and pokemon pinball R & S
thanks to Kyuuketsuki on Bulbagarden for making this awesome banner

Guess who I am?!

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2011, 12:15:00 AM »
So, by the look of it, the N3DS VC is an enhanced emulator then......unlike Wii VC, which is just an emulator..... (as far as i can tell)

Cool! 8)

I was wondering if they would release Pokémon Blue on the Virtual Console, since Yellow is different and essentially the 4th version of Gen 1.

I would like to see pokemon gen I & II and pokemon pinball R & S

Yea, these would be great.

So long as we didn't get the Original Red / Green, with the Awful artwork.

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2011, 01:09:24 PM »
No we should!

Offline TurtwigA

• Wiki editor
  • Why must the space not come?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2011, 01:11:25 PM »

Please give me internets! So much less bulkier than those eggs.
tg.wikkii.com-My Touch! Generations Wiki
chibirobo.wikkii.com My Chibi-Robo! Wiki

Help spread the word about the word smorent! Definition: [smohrent] adj. fluffy. In a sentence: that bear is very smorent.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2011, 09:09:53 PM »

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook