Author Topic: SSB Coverage  (Read 18571 times)

Offline Reboot

• View Profile
Re: SSB coverage
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2011, 05:31:56 AM »
That's why interwiki linking helps, and as far as I can tell, MarioWiki isn't linking to SmashWiki at all on their SSB pages. :(
Fixed! :)

[Seriously, this is one of those "don't complain about it, change it" things - I've been through most of the major MarioWiki SSB pages over the past week (including Subspace Army & characters), put at least one and frequently more [[SmashWiki:*]] links on each (along with adding links to other relevant NIWA wikis when I remembered, and a few small fixes), and not once has there been a reversion over it. Closest I came was someone not noticing those links, then reverting himself because "nvm hes puuting links on SmashWiki which is good" before I even noticed it had been changed.]

Offline Nintendoguy1

• Marioguy1
  • Super Mario Wiki Staff
  • It's a beautiful country.
    • View Profile
    • Userpedia
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2011, 07:08:17 PM »
That's why interwiki linking helps, and as far as I can tell, MarioWiki isn't linking to SmashWiki at all on their SSB pages. :(
Fixed! :)

[Seriously, this is one of those "don't complain about it, change it" things - I've been through most of the major MarioWiki SSB pages over the past week (including Subspace Army & characters), put at least one and frequently more [[SmashWiki:*]] links on each (along with adding links to other relevant NIWA wikis when I remembered, and a few small fixes), and not once has there been a reversion over it. Closest I came was someone not noticing those links, then reverting himself because "nvm hes puuting links on SmashWiki which is good" before I even noticed it had been changed.]
Yet little did you know that a day before we had a discussion in the admin boards (on this topic) and decided that we would add SmashWiki links to the pages ourselves. I'm pretty sure any admins would have remembered that conversation and said "OK" - I know I did.

(see that's why Edofenrir is awesome)

Offline Axiomist

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
    • WiKirby
Re: SSB Coverage
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2011, 07:09:13 PM »
Seriously, this is one of those "don't complain about it, change it" things -

That's exactly what I was thinking. I haven't picked up an SSB game, and have tons of other things to do on WiKirby. So if anyone has the time to add interwiki links to SmashWiki, you'll have my appreciation  ;)

Offline Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2011, 09:25:10 PM »
Yet little did you know that a day before we had a discussion in the admin boards (on this topic) and decided that we would add SmashWiki links to the pages ourselves. I'm pretty sure any admins would have remembered that conversation and said "OK" - I know I did.
The day before yesterday, or the day before I started [i.e., the 31st of December or earlier, since I started on the first of Jan]?

[Either way, 'course I didn't know :)]

Offline Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2011, 03:59:59 PM »
And having said that, User:MeritC is now going through and reverting all of the links I added... if the staff have agreed to put SmashWiki links on pages, someone should have a word with him.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2011, 07:34:45 PM »
And having said that, User:MeritC is now going through and reverting all of the links I added...

That's sad to hear.

Offline Nintendoguy1

• Marioguy1
  • Super Mario Wiki Staff
  • It's a beautiful country.
    • View Profile
    • Userpedia
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2011, 11:43:58 PM »
And having said that, User:MeritC is now going through and reverting all of the links I added...

That's sad to hear.
OK, I spoke to him.

(see that's why Edofenrir is awesome)

Offline Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2011, 09:07:40 PM »
That's sad to hear.
Oh, I reverted back, I just didn't want to end up in a revert war...

OK, I spoke to him.
Ta.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2011, 08:26:55 PM »
That's sad to hear.
Oh, I reverted back, I just didn't want to end up in a revert war...

Sounds good. And i looked at the edits, i think they are good. Thank you for doing it.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 08:30:16 PM by tacopill »