Author Topic: Kid Icarus Fans & Sites  (Read 27366 times)

Offline Ahmlink

• View Profile
Kid Icarus Fans & Sites
« on: February 15, 2011, 04:03:36 AM »
I have recently been looking for Kid Icarus-only fan sites, and unfortunately found none. Wicarus absolutely needs fans of the series in order to grow and develop its articles. So if anyone are fans of the series or knows any fan sites, I would really be open to recieve them. I also deeply believe that Kid Icarus is an amazing series that should really get the chance to have a place in the world of video game fandom!

BTW, I just realize that Wicarus is the first independent Kid Icarus Wiki...

wicarus.gamedom.org  
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 10:16:10 PM by Member#36 »

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Kid Icarus fans
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 05:32:13 AM »
How many Kid Icarus wikis do we have now? Two or three?

Offline Volatile Dweevil

• Pikmin Fanon Staff
  • Pikipedia Staff
  • I'm known as Volatile Dweevil on all NIWA wikis.
    • View Profile
    • Volatile Dweevil's Website
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 06:01:17 AM »
How many Kid Icarus wikis do we have now? Two or three?

We (NIWA) don't have any. There could be any number of Kid Icarus Wikis out there.

Offline BrandedOne

• Fire Emblem Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 11:40:28 AM »
Still, combining the forces of Wicarus, Palutenapedia and Kid Icarus Wikia would give you a lot more dedicated editors all working toward the same goal.  ;)

Offline Miles of SmashWiki

• Sinister Trivia Villain
  • SmashWiki Staff
  • "Trying to seem mysterious is my hobby."
    • View Profile
    • AllisBrawl profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 05:12:43 PM »
Still, combining the forces of Wicarus, Palutenapedia and Kid Icarus Wikia would give you a lot more dedicated editors all working toward the same goal.  ;)

This.  You'll probably be most successful if you pool your efforts.

Srsbsns is always lurking (?_?)

Offline Volatile Dweevil

• Pikmin Fanon Staff
  • Pikipedia Staff
  • I'm known as Volatile Dweevil on all NIWA wikis.
    • View Profile
    • Volatile Dweevil's Website
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 10:16:30 PM »

Agreed.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 10:26:18 PM »

Agreed.

ditto.

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
Kid Icarus Wiki
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 11:28:15 PM »
Kid Icarus Wiki (aka Palutenapedia) has no immediate plans to go independent. So, if the ultimate goal of Wicarus is to join NIWA, I say go for it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 11:54:03 PM by KidIcarus »

Offline BooDestroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 02:53:02 PM »
You're getting way too ahead of the game with this one.

Just wait for Uprising to release before you get to it.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 05:41:55 PM »
You're getting way too ahead of the game with this one.

Just wait for Uprising to release before you get to it.

may i ask: get to what?

Offline BooDestroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 06:10:33 PM »
Before they start on a Kid Icarus Wiki. I'm saying they should wait for Uprising to release first before they do that.

...Seriously, do you have that hard a time understanding such simple things? -___-

Offline Moydow

• NIWA Coordinator
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Fire Emblem Wiki
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 06:20:08 PM »
Before they start on a Kid Icarus Wiki. I'm saying they should wait for Uprising to release first before they do that.
But there are already three Kid Icarus wikis set up. And, if one is set up and established before Uprising is released, people will have a place ready to go to with their information, instead of possibly being convinced they should set their own up, thereby giving us four or more, at least one of which can't be taken down. Or worse, joining the Wikia one, making any potential independent wiki's Wikia competitor even bigger.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 06:24:08 PM by Moydow »
NIWA Coordinator

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 06:45:09 PM »

...Seriously, do you have that hard a time understanding such simple things? -___-

How is it simple? the pronouns you are using aren't clear to me.

I mean,  how am i suppose to know what "get to it." means, when i dodn't know what "it" is referring to?

Offline Xizor

• Zelda Wiki Bureaucrat
  • Forum Administrator
  • Talk to me. :)
    • View Profile
    • Legend of Zelda.com
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 11:25:31 PM »
Let's keep it calm, guys.

My honest opinion is that instead of three Wikis, you should all really try to work together. Palutenapedia and Wicarus should really try to combine as one Wiki. I know that's a hard process and you are all probably proud of what you've done on your own, but you could honestly have a great Wiki if you worked together. It's up to you, though.

Good luck to you all!

Bureaucrat of

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
Merger/NIWA
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2011, 12:40:55 AM »
Wicarus simply offers nothing to Kid Icarus Wiki as far as a merge goes. Wicarus has a total of nine pages of actual content, and it has shown no serious signs of growth in recent weeks. The closest thing to growth that Wicarus has seen is an influx of spam (some of which remains on the wiki).  

Kid Icarus Wiki has already collaborated with several other Kid Icarus projects, and it has a fairly high Google Page Rank. Kid Icarus Wiki is just more developed, and a merge would seem counter-productive. We'd rather not attract all their spammers. I may be open to persuasion, but it'll take more than a flashy main page.

Of course, neither of our wikis is part of NIWA. As such, it would be best to avoid talks of our wiki on the NIWA forums. It would be disastrous if someone mistook either of our wikis as part of the organization when, in fact, the opposite is true.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 11:11:44 PM by KidIcarus »

Offline Member#36

• Striving For A Perfect NIWA Unit
  • Retired Staff
  • Kirby, My Favorite Flavor
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 01:57:04 AM »
If and/or when you have made a decision, I'm sure we would like to know.  As said before, the merge is up to you, the owners.  If you decide against it, but still want part in the NIWA... you could try to become a member as a separate, unmerged wiki.  Yes, there will be similar wikis floating out there, but if none are productive, then you may have less problems than you might of thought before.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 02:02:36 AM by Member #36 »

Offline SuperAlpaca

• The awesomest person in the room
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Merger/NIWA
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2011, 02:31:18 AM »
Wicarus simply offers nothing to Kid Icarus Wiki as far as a merge goes. Wicarus has a total of nine pages of actual content, and it has shown no serious signs of growth in recent weeks. The closest thing to growth that Wicarus has seen is an influx of spam (some of which remains on the wiki).  

Kid Icarus Wiki has already collaborated with several other Kid Icarus projects, and it has a fairly high Google Page Rank. Kid Icarus Wiki is just more developed, and a merge would seem counter-productive. I'd rather not attract all their spammers. I may be open to persuasion, but it'll take more than a flashy main page.

Of course, neither of our wikis is part of NIWA. As such, it would be best to avoid talks of our wiki on the NIWA forums. It would be disastrous if someone mistook either of our wikis as part of the organization when, in fact, the opposite is true.

It sounds if you do not support independence and/or a merge. Also, it sounds like you are referring to Kid Icarus Wiki as your own, when wikis are not property; only their server and domain name and crap like that are. Anyways, a merge would be great, but i do not like the current skin... dkpat?

Offline dkpat

• The Jupiter Adept
  • Golden Sun Universe Staff
  • Tada!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dkpat.net
Re: Merger/NIWA
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 02:36:29 AM »

It sounds if you do not support independence and/or a merge. Also, it sounds like you are referring to Kid Icarus Wiki as your own, when wikis are not property; only their server and domain name and crap like that are. Anyways, a merge would be great, but i do not like the current skin... dkpat?
Wha? lol, I almost missed that you mentioned me.  :P

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
Merger/NIWA
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2011, 03:47:48 AM »

Kid Icarus Wiki has already collaborated with several other Kid Icarus projects, and it has a fairly high Google Page Rank. Kid Icarus Wiki is just more developed, and a merge would seem counter-productive. I'd rather not attract all their spammers. I may be open to persuasion, but it'll take more than a flashy main page.

It sounds if you do not support independence and/or a merge. Also, it sounds like you are referring to Kid Icarus Wiki as your own, when wikis are not property.
I support independence; as far as I am concerned, Wikkii's advanced hosting service offers independence. If Wicarus wants to "merge" with Icaruspedia, they are free to do so. Kid Icarus Wiki will not participate in the merge under current circumstances (again, open to persuasion).

As far as my "ownership" of Kid Icarus Wiki, wikis are run (and de facto owned) by the community. As the only active member of the Kid Icarus Wiki community, I do assume the right and responsibility to represent Kid Icarus Wiki.

Offline BrandedOne

• Fire Emblem Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2011, 03:56:51 AM »
Why work separately and compete with each other when you have the ability to work together to achieve the same goal? :eekdance: Just sayin' ;)