Author Topic: Grey/Gray version  (Read 9509 times)

Offline Tattletale1

• Cartoonist
    • View Profile
Grey/Gray version
« on: February 15, 2011, 04:13:09 PM »
Bulbanews has an article on this, but The translation on the webpage was different from the bing translation: We then asked for a hypothetical "Grey" Edition and if it would appear in 3DS. IBE was contrary to the idea, ensure that "not for nothing." "We have finished this game with Black and White version."

While bulbapedia implied it would end with the two, This may not be an accurate translation, and there are two unused ice type/dragon attacks
Check out my flipnotes at http://flipnote.hatena.com/5386D14051D4DB8F@DSi/

My username is due to my overuse of Goomba Tattle abilities in Paper Mario games.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
Re: Grey/Gray version
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 08:34:38 PM »
If they don't have a Grey version, i know a lot of people who will be very sad....

Offline Tattletale1

• Cartoonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 08:56:00 PM »
It was a Japanese-to-spanish-to-english translation, he may have said they have "finnished the DS series with black & white", or a "not making any promises" remark, or just that the 3rd version would be a Gen VI game as an "enhanced remake" of B/W, or that a third version would possibly be "not released on a portable sysem"
All of these are speculation, and I would need to see the Japanese characters to translate them, (on Bing, Google, and a Jp/English textbook) to find out all the possible meanings, and the most likely ones.

My username is due to my overuse of Goomba Tattle abilities in Paper Mario games.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 09:04:23 PM »
It was a Japanese-to-spanish-to-english translation, he may have said they have "finnished the DS series with black & white", or a "not making any promises" remark, or just that the 3rd version would be a Gen VI game as an "enhanced remake" of B/W, or that a third version would possibly be "not released on a portable sysem"
All of these are speculation, and I would need to see the Japanese characters to translate them, (on Bing, Google, and a Jp/English textbook) to find out all the possible meanings, and the most likely ones.

i am now excited on all of these possibilities - especially the "not released on a portable sysem" part.

Offline Tattletale1

• Cartoonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 09:20:05 PM »

i am now excited on all of these possibilities - especially the "not released on a portable sysem" part.

It would probably be a Wiiware title though...

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 09:40:12 PM »

It would probably be a Wiiware title though...

would it still be compatible with the other versions?

Offline Tattletale1

• Cartoonist
    • View Profile
Re: Grey/Gray version -future of Gen V
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 04:11:07 PM »
It would probably be compatable with the DS versions, just like Colosseum, XD,  & Pokemon Ranch were, although it may contain two save files, each with varied Pokemon;

Although, they may have said they weren't done with Gen V, but still done with Unova, meaning another new region may make its way on two versions of the game in Gen V, or the 3DS will have enhanced versions of Black & White, instead of an enhanced version of the game.

I hope they make Ruby/Saphire remakes with Emerald elements, and I calculated that they could do it with version exclusive areas, such as Magma/Aqua hideout, Seafloor Cavern/Undersea Volcano, the third version would be a 3D Electric Pikachu version

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
Re: Grey/Gray version -future of Gen V
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 05:43:30 PM »
It would probably be compatable with the DS versions, just like Colosseum, XD,  & Pokemon Ranch were, although it may contain two save files, each with varied Pokemon;

Although, they may have said they weren't done with Gen V, but still done with Unova, meaning another new region may make its way on two versions of the game in Gen V, or the 3DS will have enhanced versions of Black & White, instead of an enhanced version of the game.

I hope they make Ruby/Saphire remakes with Emerald elements, and I calculated that they could do it with version exclusive areas, such as Magma/Aqua hideout, Seafloor Cavern/Undersea Volcano, the third version would be a 3D Electric Pikachu version

sweet! - on all of it.

Offline pikachu8090

• I haunt Vegeta... he killed me!!!!
  • Guess who it is!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 12:37:18 PM »
what i dont want to see is a battle frontier like platinum and HGSS
thanks to Kyuuketsuki on Bulbagarden for making this awesome banner

Guess who I am?!

Offline R7308xx

• The poison in your drink... whoops.
  • New and, unfortunately, improved.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 04:27:51 PM »
Wynaut?
I blame the economy.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 09:06:42 PM »
Wynaut?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:.

But anyway, i found Battle Frontier interesting, but nothing i had anything long-lasting with.

I have yet to gain one Frontier badge-thing.

Offline Tattletale1

• Cartoonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 03:08:08 PM »
Wynaut?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:.

But anyway, i found Battle Frontier interesting, but nothing i had anything long-lasting with.

I have yet to gain one Frontier badge-thing.

Just add triple battles and a rental mode to the batle subway

Offline Maxite

• Icaruspedia Staff
  • Otaku Nut
    • View Profile
    • OtakuDeus
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 08:12:16 PM »
If I had to say something I'd like to see in an aftergame part: Build Your Own Gym. Make it a combination of Battle Frontier and the Villa from Platinum.

Some abandoned building in some town (maybe your home town?), buy it for $$$, then have to spend $$$$$$$$ refurnishing/repairing it, then you can take on challengers (7 in a row). Maybe the "Frontier" brain could be Elite Four members/Champion challenging you every once in a while, to make sure your Gym is up to snuff?

Offline Sazandora

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2011, 09:53:55 PM »
I personally want the Battle Subway to become another full-fledged Battle Frontier. I've never really gotten into them before, but I've always planned on it.

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 01:50:56 AM »
A VS. Seeker or something like it.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2011, 12:18:16 AM »
A VS. Seeker or something like it.

agreed!
If I had to say something I'd like to see in an aftergame part: Build Your Own Gym. Make it a combination of Battle Frontier and the Villa from Platinum.

Some abandoned building in some town (maybe your home town?), buy it for $$$, then have to spend $$$$$$$$ refurnishing/repairing it, then you can take on challengers (7 in a row). Maybe the "Frontier" brain could be Elite Four members/Champion challenging you every once in a while, to make sure your Gym is up to snuff?

that would be cool! Would be like ExciteBike and Roller coaster tycoon..... and secret bases...... and a few other things i can think of.

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2015, 03:51:14 PM »
Imagine the confusion that would occur if the next two versions were Pokemon Gray and Pokemon Grey