Author Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story are Going West?  (Read 19782 times)

Offline Hope(N Forever)

• Lylat Wiki Staff
  • Non-English Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
    • ASSAD® comixs' website
Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story are Going West?
« on: April 11, 2011, 06:23:55 AM »
These are slightly old news, but I wonder how many of you guys heard about them. I am gonna talk about more Wii-exclusive RPG goodness coming straight from Japan to our local vicinities!

In any case, Nintendo of Europe announces that Xenoblade, now known to us English speaking folk as Xenoblade Chronicles, is confirmed for a European release in an undisclosed date in 2011! Yes, and they even opened a new dedicated official website too! It has been reported that the game will include an all-new English voice-over set, in addition to the option of playing the game in the original Japanese voice-overs too! (Plus, the usual multi-lingual subs to be included as all modern PAL games.) What about the United States? Well, there is still a possibility the game will also be played by the general American audience, however we cannot be sure. The only great evidence that the game will see itself in the U.S. is the fact that the title is listed on Nintendo of America's release calendar, but that does not prove that the game is confirmed for the U.S..

There might be no confirmation that Xenoblade Chronicles is coming to the U.S., and the same can be said for another anticipated RPG title called The Last Story. HOWEVER, it was recently reported that Nintendo of America did register the domains TheLastStory.com and XenobladeChronicles.com (both which currently automatically re-direct to NOA's main website), which greatly hints that NOA will soon announce the titles for a U.S. release indeed! Keep your fingers crossed though.

Xenoblade and The Last Story were released in Japan since June 10, 2010 and January 27, 2011 respectively.

Expect any confirmations from now until E3 in June!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 01:29:50 PM by Hope(N Forever) »
This section needs some editing, but can't seem to be able to click the [edit] button.

Nobody ever believed me when I told them that if you make a collection of information of everything Nintendo, you'll get a wiki that is amazingly the size of a small, but highly-developed Wikipedia!

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
Re: Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story are Going West?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 05:37:54 PM »
looks good.

Offline pikachu8090

• I haunt Vegeta... he killed me!!!!
  • Guess who it is!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 04:33:40 PM »
 Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story are not going west Nintendo has no plans as of now that these games are going to the west
thanks to Kyuuketsuki on Bulbagarden for making this awesome banner

Guess who I am?!

Offline Hope(N Forever)

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • ASSAD® comixs' website
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 06:48:58 PM »
Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story are not going west Nintendo has no plans as of now that these games are going to the west

Um... actually, these games ARE going west, just not as far as North America... but I suspect a 2012 U.S. release for these games. We'll have to wait and see though.
This section needs some editing, but can't seem to be able to click the [edit] button.

Nobody ever believed me when I told them that if you make a collection of information of everything Nintendo, you'll get a wiki that is amazingly the size of a small, but highly-developed Wikipedia!

Offline R7308xx

• The poison in your drink... whoops.
  • New and, unfortunately, improved.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 03:21:32 AM »
what about Disaster: Days of Ruin?
I blame the economy.

Offline pikachu8090

• I haunt Vegeta... he killed me!!!!
  • Guess who it is!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 12:10:17 AM »

Um... actually, these games ARE going west, just not as far as North America... but I suspect a 2012 U.S. release for these games. We'll have to wait and see though.
NOA is watching Europe very close to see how well these games. If they do well, they will think about an American Localization

So if you live in Europe buy these games when they are released
Link:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/118/1187097p1.html
thanks to Kyuuketsuki on Bulbagarden for making this awesome banner

Guess who I am?!

Offline Hope(N Forever)

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • ASSAD® comixs' website
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 11:15:38 PM »
!!ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Nintendo of America had finally confirmed it! The game, one of the three infamous titles which Operation Rainfall had been trying to pressure the company to localise for so many months since E3 2011, is finally gonna officially grace the turfs of the North American continent for NTSC Wii owners to play! Such is an announcement that surprised us by the hundreds, if not by the hundreds of thousands! To be expected very soon too, around the Spring season of 2012!

> Nintendo's Official Press Release

Whilst The Last Story and Pandora's Tower have yet to be released in Europe, albeit are confirmed to be released there, Operation Rainfall apparently are going to continue with their on-going campaigns to make sure Nintendo of America would announce these remaining two titles as well.

Personally, I always believed Nintendo of America would finally come through with releasing the game. I always felt they needed to take certain things out of the way first, like the huge marketing campaigns they had for their GREATER anticipated games, such as Super Mario 3D Land, and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Talk about a huge relief on the matter though.

Offline Mari-Illustrious-Makinami

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 07:14:34 PM »
Xenoblade Chronicles is better than Skyward Sword.