New Member - We are pleased to welcome ARMS Institute, a wiki focusing on ARMS, Nintendo's newest IP, to the Nintendo Independent Wiki Alliance!
Welcome to the alliance, ARMS Institute!
The 'Shroom - The yearly summer special of The 'Shroom is available here, with the entire issue being themed after Wario and his series.
Mario Awards - Polls for the Super Mario Wiki's annual Mario Awards are now open; be sure to vote for the best and the worst of the Mario franchise!
Promotions - On the Super Mario Wiki, Yoshi876 has been promoted to administrator; on WiKirby, Fubaka has been promoted to patroller; and on ARMS Institute, Arend and DatNuttyKid have been promoted to patrollers. Congrats to all!
E3 2017 - E3 is always a busy time for Nintendo, and 2017 is no exception. Quite a few big announcements were made during the Nintendo Spotlight presentation and Nintendo Treehouse Live, including:
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will be coming to Nintendo Switch this holiday.
- A new Kirby game was revealed and will be released in 2018 for Nintendo Switch.
- A brand-new core entry in the Pokémon series has been confirmed to be in development for Nintendo Switch.
- Metroid Prime 4 has been announced to be in development for Nintendo Switch.
- A new Yoshi platformer for Nintendo Switch was revealed and will be released in 2018.
- Fire Emblem Warriors will be released this fall. Corrin, Ryoma and Xander were announced as playable characters. Nintendo Treehouse Live also announced new amiibo for Chrom and Tiki to coincide with this game.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for Nintendo Switch will feature exclusive The Legend of Zelda content when using amiibo.
- Trailers for the upcoming DLC packs for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild were shown. Pack one, The Master Trials, was released on June 30, while pack two, The Champion's Ballad, is coming this holiday. New amiibo for the four champions were also announced.
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle was finally confirmed and will be releasing August 29.
- Rocket League for Nintendo Switch was announced and will be arriving this holiday.
- Super Mario Odyssey will be releasing on October 27. During Nintendo Treehouse Live, it was announced that amiibo figures of Mario, Bowser, and Peach in their wedding outfits would be released alongside the game.
- Metroid: Samus Returns, a Nintendo 3DS remake and reimagining of the Game Boy title Metroid II: Return of Samus, was announced, and will be released September 15. Two new amiibo figures, Samus and a Metroid, were also announced for the game. The game will also have a special edition release that comes with a soundtrack.
- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions, a remake of the original Game Boy Advance title with an added mode in which players control Bowser's minions, was announced for Nintendo 3DS. Alongside this, it was announced that Goomba and Koopa Troopa amiibo would be released. The game will be released on October 6.
- Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido, a puzzle game themed around sushi for Nintendo 3DS, was announced. The game will be released in 2018.
Nintendo Switch Online - Nintendo have finally released further details about the Nintendo Switch's paid online system. In addition to delaying the launch and extending the free trial period to 2018, new details include pricing, the Classic Game Selection service, and the announcement of a free, limited version of the lobby and voice chat app for smart devices releasing this summer. Visit the official site for more details.
Pokémon Direct - Nintendo aired a short Pokémon Direct on June 6. Among the announcements was a Nintendo Switch port of Pokkén Tournament titled Pokkén Tournament DX, releasing on September 22. Also announced were Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon, a new pair of mainline installments for Nintendo 3DS systems releasing worldwide on November 17. Finally, Pokémon Gold Version and Pokémon Silver Version will be released on Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console on September 22.
Super Nintendo World - Universal Studios Japan recently held a groundbreaking ceremony to announce that construction on the Super Nintendo World area has finally begun, along with the announcement of a Mario Kart-themed ride. Universal previously stated that the project is expected to be finished by the time the Tokyo 2020 Olympics start, and that they plan to eventually bring Super Nintendo World to their Hollywood and Orlando parks.
Switch Production - While apologizing for Nintendo Switch shortages in Japan, Nintendo has stated that they plan to increase shipments throughout July and August, and will further increase production going into the fall season.
Switch in Japan - According to data released by Dengeki, the Nintendo Switch has finally reached one million sales in Japan, 16 weeks after launch. In addition to this, ARMS sold through over 100,000 copies during its release.
Super NES Classic Edition - After months of rumors and speculation, Nintendo have finally announced the Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition! The system comes with two controllers out of the box and features twenty-one SNES classics built-in, including The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, EarthBound, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Mega Man X, Secret of Mana, and even the unreleased Star Fox 2! The Super NES Classic Edition releases on September 29.
Recent & Upcoming Releases
- Link - Majora's Mask (JP: June 22 | NA, EU: June 23 | AU: June 24)
- Link - Twilight Princess (JP: June 22 | NA, EU: June 23 | AU: June 24)
- Link - Skyward Sword (JP: June 22 | NA, EU: June 23 | AU: June 24)
- Pikmin (NA, EU: July 28 | AU: July 29 | JP: July 13)
- Inkling Girl (Worldwide: July 21)
- Inkling Boy (Worldwide: July 21)
- Inkling Squid (Worldwide: July 21)
- Cloud (Worldwide: July 21)
- Cloud - Player 2 (Worldwide: July 21)
- Corrin (Worldwide: July 21)
- Corrin - Player 2 (Worldwide: July 21)
- Bayonetta (Worldwide: July 21)
- Bayonetta - Player 2 (Worldwide: July 21)
A pink Inkling Girl, the mascot of Splatoon 2, releasing worldwide on July 21. Read more on Inkipedia...