• Welcome to NIWA Community Forums.

Interwiki redirect

Started by Greenpickle, February 27, 2011, 11:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenpickle

Anyone come across a way of doing this?  Redirecting a page via an interwiki link?  See here; apparently it's possible, since it's done here, but I guess they've made some server-side modifications or something.

Greenpickle

Assuming you meant to use [[ ]] in the redirect code, no, it doesn't work.  I tried the 'forward' ('local') argument before, as mentioned on the linked talk page, and, as expected, 'trans' doesn't do anything for redirects.

Miles of SmashWiki

I've seen it done, but shouldn't one use a soft redirect for that anyways?  It's kinda weird to click an in-wiki link and end up elsewhere.

Srsbsns is always lurking (?_?)

tacopill

It's possible. Set "Foward" to yes or true, for the specific interwiki code and then use the code for the redirect link.

#REDIRECT [[code:page name]]

The problem, as talked about in this thread, it fills up the double-redirect list.

Greenpickle

Quote from: Miles of SmashWiki on February 27, 2011, 10:07:04 PMI've seen it done, but shouldn't one use a soft redirect for that anyways?  It's kinda weird to click an in-wiki link and end up elsewhere.

Yeah, I made that point on the talk page.  This is also partly out of curiosity; It's not a decided-upon thing that it'll be a redirect, I don't think.

Quote from: tacopill on February 27, 2011, 10:14:23 PMIt's possible. Set "Foward" to yes or true, for the specific interwiki code and then use the code for the redirect link.

That's exactly what I was saying I tried in my post replying to a post that seems to have disappeared.  I guess you've lost the context in not having seen that post...

tacopill

Quote from: Greenpickle on February 27, 2011, 10:37:56 PM
Quote from: tacopill on February 27, 2011, 10:14:23 PMIt's possible. Set "Foward" to yes or true, for the specific interwiki code and then use the code for the redirect link.

That's exactly what I was saying I tried in my post replying to a post that seems to have disappeared.  I guess you've lost the context in not having seen that post...

This is true... i am lost. But still trying to be helpful, despite it.....

Also, out of curiosity, did you read the thread i linked?

Greenpickle

tacopill

KidIcarus

There's the generic way of creating an external link like you would see in the external links section of Wikipedia.