• Welcome to NIWA Community Forums.

Metroid Wiki: Now under new management

Started by prod, April 10, 2011, 08:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prod

After working with Nate from Metroid Wiki, we (StrategyWiki) have have taken over hosting and maintenance of the metroidwiki backend.  With our deep background in mediawiki hosting, it was felt we could help grow metroidwiki bigger and faster than before.

All the old admins will still keep their former permissions, and relations with NIWA will be managed between Prod and Nate.

Few notes for other wiki admins, we have prettyfied the urls, so any interwiki links will need to be updated (and links/bookmarks updated in general). I believe the new entry should be: http://www.metroidwiki.org/wiki/$1.

Nathan

Yup. A lot of discussions and wok went into making this, and while a hard decision for me on a personal level, I have to always keep in mind what is best for Metroid Wiki's future.

RAP

Would you like me to report this news in the public, more specifically for MarioWiki's The Shroom?

Nathan

That would be great. We're also going to post about it at Zelda Informer as well, so naturally it should be reported on (or we would appreciate it being reported) about the new management.

dkpat

It's great to see Ax's suggestion take root... good to know Metroid Wiki is in good hands (as it always was, of course)

leem01

This is great guys! Good luck with managing such a great wiki as Metroid Wiki!

Metroidking

Metroid Wiki is in good hands... just as long as Prod doesn't break anything.
Zoiby want balloon! Want balloon now!

embyr_75

Quote from: Metroidking on April 11, 2011, 05:02:34 PM
Metroid Wiki is in good hands... just as long as Prod doesn't break anything.

;D

Maxite

Congrats on moving over to better hosting, but what necessitated this move?

tacopill

my guess is bad relations with the original owners?