• Welcome to NIWA Community Forums.

DQX is MMO

Started by pikachu8090, September 06, 2011, 11:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pikachu8090

at Square Enix's Conference in Japan on September 5, They shown that Dragon Quest will be an MMO for Wii and Wii U. and a release for 2012. The only down side to this is that you have to pay to play the game. You can play the first p[art of the game offline but then it has to be online. This is somewhat of a bad idea (or totally bad).
thanks to Kyuuketsuki on Bulbagarden for making this awesome banner

Guess who I am?!

Naesala

This is awful, I hate online games, always have always will. Dragon Quest should be single player off-line ONLY!

Mari-Illustrious-Makinami

Face it - Online sells.

Naesala

Quote from: ReiAyanami on September 09, 2011, 05:34:33 AM
Face it - Online sells.

Maybe, but most people are pissed about Dragon Quest X being online only.

You're the only one I've seen complaining.

Naesala

Quote from: ReiAyanami on September 09, 2011, 11:29:55 PM
You're the only one I've seen complaining.

Then you're not looking hard enough.

FlyingRagnar

Well, I'm willing to let them give it a shot.  Online for Dragon Quest IX was really a big failure in the U.S.  I've been dying to play a DQ game with other fans for years.  I just would prefer that I didn't "have to". 

Really I wish it were just like DQIX's multiplayer, only it uses wifi instead of just the local DS wireless.

R7308xx

I wish they would make the story single player, and then somekindof deathmatch/warcraft thing for the online. Then it would be perfect :)
I blame the economy.

It's an MMO.

And having it being an MMO makes sense, since Nintendo has stated they're going to improve online with the Wii U.

pikachu8090

Square Enix should make it like DC Universe is going to be.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/119/1195161p1.html
thanks to Kyuuketsuki on Bulbagarden for making this awesome banner

Guess who I am?!