Author Topic: Notice of a Leave of Absence  (Read 11226 times)

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
Notice of a Leave of Absence
« on: June 02, 2010, 03:49:06 AM »
Just so i don't disappear without a trace, he's my upcoming schedule and why my activeness level is going to drop. Please move to the appropriate board, if this is not the right one

June 4th to 11th - I will be camping with little to no internet access.
June 24th to August 18th - I will be at my summer Job, and will have Internet access, but It's satellite-based internet, so the quality is largely dependent on the weather. If we get a server enough storm, i will have no internet at all. When we do have internet, i will stop by the forums when i don't have work to do, or when i am on a break.

Now, to give everyone an update on what i have been doing, and how they will be effected.
  • Lylat Wiki - about to become a ghost town, as Neo's activeness is dropping as well....if you are interested in contributing, please pm me.
  • Mushrule RPG -  There will still be people around to play the game and/or contribute to the game's wiki (like Pokenutter and mnt_otter, i hope). If you guys wish to put the game on pause, until i get back, that'll be fine; but with summer break coming up for a lot of people, this could be a fun thing to do during the summer.
  • Earthbound/Mother Wiki - i am still interested in putting this together. If anybody wishes to help me, please reply or pm me.

Am i missing anything?

Also, should i put my name in the title? if not, then anyone can post their leaves of absences, and it could get a little messy. If so, then it's only mine, and other people would need to create their own.... *evil laugh* Anyway, which would be preferred?

Offline Member#36

• Striving For A Perfect NIWA Unit
  • Retired Staff
  • Kirby, My Favorite Flavor
    • View Profile
Re: Notice of a Leave of Absence
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 07:32:48 PM »
There isn't a “general chit-chat “ board, so the thread is in pretty much the right area.  Though, the main purpose is for public NIWA and wiki matters.

See you later, have a nice time doing your activities .  :P

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 08:09:54 PM »
There isn't a “general chit-chat “ board, so the thread is in pretty much the right area.  Though, the main purpose is for public NIWA and wiki matters.
Should someone create one?

See you later, have a nice time doing your activities .  :P

Why thank you. I will do my best.

Offline Tucayo

• Super Mario Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • MarioWiki's Shroom
Suggestions
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 08:49:00 PM »
Well, I already knew this :P

This was rejected some months ago... Perhaps if I suggest it now

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 08:54:47 PM »

Yes, but now the rest of the forums knows!

;D

Offline SMB

• Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
Suggestions
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 09:03:07 PM »

I'd personally support.

(Credit to Edofenrir for making it.)

Offline Member#36

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
Suggestions
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 10:00:42 PM »
I don't see how a “general chit-chat” board can be a negative, and it might improve activity.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 10:11:35 PM by Maximum Pink »

Offline Member#36

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 10:08:10 PM »
Moved some posts to the staff boards where they belong so this thread can stay on topic.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 10:46:29 PM »
ow...now the quote links are broken, and i cant see what people are saying.... :-[

Offline Tucayo

• Super Mario Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • MarioWiki's Shroom
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 02:12:16 AM »
Why were the posts moved? WHat in a public board can be secret enough to move it?

Offline SMB

• Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2010, 02:31:03 AM »
Why were the posts moved? WHat in a public board can be secret enough to move it?
That's exactly what I want to know. :|

(Credit to Edofenrir for making it.)

Offline JoJo

• Wars Wiki Staff
  • Wars Wiki/Wars Central Webmaster
    • View Profile
    • Wars Central
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 10:03:42 AM »
I'd like to third that. It's the sort of decision that you should get general members' opinions on too, not just the staff. And there's nothing wrong with a gradual topic change; it happens, it's normal.

Enjoy your summer, Tacopill. If I find time I may add a little to your Lylatwiki; I used to love the series but haven't exactly kept up with it in recent years.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 01:51:31 PM »
I'd like to third that. It's the sort of decision that you should get general members' opinions on too, not just the staff. And there's nothing wrong with a gradual topic change; it happens, it's normal.

This, i agree with, mostly. I don't mind it when the topic drifts off on tangents, but to change it entirely, that could be problematic. What if some one wanted to post under the original topic? do they post a new thread, and risk being yelled at that the topic already exists? or do they post in the old thread, and risk derailing the new topic?

Enjoy your summer, Tacopill. If I find time I may add a little to your Lylatwiki; I used to love the series but haven't exactly kept up with it in recent years.

Thank you, I appreciate it. I haven't kept up with it either, but was looking to get back into it when i have the money.

Offline JoJo

• Wars Wiki Staff
  • Wars Wiki/Wars Central Webmaster
    • View Profile
    • Wars Central
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2010, 05:18:51 PM »
Then they do the latter, since it was the original subject of that topic. Any new subject in a topic can be thrown aside for the original subject... at least, that's my opinion after too many years on the interwebs. :x

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2010, 05:47:39 PM »
Then they do the latter, since it was the original subject of that topic. Any new subject in a topic can be thrown aside for the original subject... at least, that's my opinion after too many years on the interwebs. :x

Thanks for answering that. One of my other threads is now in a completely new subject, but i have something to post relating to the original one.

To see which one i am talking about, Click this link