• Welcome to NIWA Community Forums.

Should I make an article for ... or link to a member wiki?

Started by KidIcarus, October 24, 2010, 11:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KidIcarus

I am currently working on a Kid Icarus wiki. It is definitely not in shape to be a NIWA member at this moment, but I do hope to join sometime in the future. As many of you know, Pit plays a role in the Super Smash Bros series. So should I:

A.) create a full-fledged SSBB article
B.) link to SSB-Wiki's SSBB article
or C.) make an article named Kid Icarus in Super Smash Bros. and then link to SSB-wiki for greater detail

I guess this is a bit of a bigger question. Is NIWA just here to support independent wikis and prevent NIWA from monopolizing the "industry", or is it here to create a network of inter-linking wikis that can one day become a unified online encyclopedia for all things Nintendo?

Axiomist

On WiKirby, I'm wanting this:

Cover the SSB stuff in the Characters articles, create the SSB game articles and how they utilize Kirby characters, places, etc but link to SSBWiki for indepth content. We'll have a Mario article, since Mario keeps popping up in Kirby games, but only on his Kirby appearances, we're linking to SMW for indepth Mario content.

tacopill

this depends on your coverage policy. For example:

Super Mario Wiki gives each Fighter in SSB their own page.
Zelda Wiki lists all the fighters on one page, in which each one gets a paragraph
Bulbapedia redirects to other wikis for all non-Pokémon fighters.

As for the other question, i like the idea of inter-wiki network of links. If you have a moment, send me a pm. I have an idea for you.

Axiomist

Interesting, Kid Icarus: Uprising is being directed by Masahiro Sakurai, creator of Kirby and Super Smash Bros. I expect a cameo of some sort.

Malake256

My Weavile Brick Breaks Blisseys :)

KidIcarus