• Welcome to NIWA Community Forums.

Why did you choose that nick?

Started by Tucayo, June 14, 2010, 12:45:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tucayo

Yeah, just explain why do you have that nick.+

Aurum is gold in Latin, and it sounds ellegant, so I chsoe it :P

dany36

dany 'cus my name is Daniela and 36 is my favorite number. Original, I know.  8)

Member#36

Let's see:

)Austin: my real name, duh)
)Zien: My ZU/internet name, as well as Zelda Ninja.  Zien is the pronunciation of "ZN", or the first letters of each of the two words as presented in "Zelda Ninja".
)Maximum Pink: If you didn't figure it out already, it's from Kirby: Right Back At Ya's theme song.  It goes well with my username color. :)

tacopill

[spoiler]
Long ago and far away, i was playing Super Smash Bros Melee; upon which i saw the system message:

QuoteDr. Mario's In the House! His perscription? KO!
- Source

Well, ever the curious one, i thought it would make sense, that the form the mentioned prescription would take would be of the Pill's that Dr. Mario Throws - hence, the "pill" part.

Pilling on top of that curiosity, what flavor would these pills be? ..... "Tacos"!

I finally put them together / in order when i needed to come up with a new gamer tag to put on my School's 
Gamer's Club Personalized T-Shirts.
[/spoiler]

Not an exciting story i know........but it is one i get asked about when people see the shirt.

Naesala

just took it form a bad guy in Battalion Wars 2

mtn_otter

I can barely remember.

I think it's because I got my first online account when I was about seven, and I had just visited an aquarium, and was obsessed with the otters there. At the time, my family lived in the California rockies.

It made sense at the time, and I use it(or some variation) almost everywhere.
As a form of protest, I refuse to make a signature...

FireFly

I... don't really know, thought it was a good nickname to use on the Internet. I've used it almost exclusively since circa 2004, or the variation "FireyFly" when "FireFly" is already in use. A previous nickname of mine (which I still use in Pokémon contexts, at least sometimes) is "Cyndaquil," due to being my favourite Pokémon.

Seritinajii

Seritinajii is a name that I saw on Neopets and thought looked cool, so I used it. ...then later I found out that there is no pet or anything by that name except for the one I made after knowing the name. I was always afraid before finding that out that the previous owner of the name would get angry at me.... but when I search my name, EVERYTHING that comes up is for me.

So where did I get my name? I don't think I'll ever know, but I like to think it came completely from my imagination.

Matt

It's my universal nickname. I have everyone call me Matt. It's what I go by. The only people that still use "Matthew" are a few family members.
Veteran member, former admin, and currently returned to activity as a patroller of Zelda Wiki.org.

"Shields are aphrodisiacs for Like Likes."

Remino52

I joined another forum, and to be unique, I chose this name. It's stupid and it has no meaning, but I use it for most accounts I have. It'll stick.

Look for Big Red on the Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst Private Servers.

Proud supporter of NIWA Wikis!

Nickno

When I was little, family members would say "Nick, no" when I would do something wrong, and they said it so much I thought it was my name, so that's how I got Nickno. lol
I also sometimes go by Ironix, which is the name my character in an abandoned Sprite comic me and my cousin used to make.

Justin

I used to be a Matrix whore, so I used Neo on Zelda Universe. Over time, it just stuck, and now it's universal. I just wish the people who knew me would call me "Justin." I'm pointing at YOU, Mases and Steve! >:|
~~~~
Server bureaucrat of Zelda Wiki. I fix what you break.

Also a tech administrator for Poniverse.

tacopill

Quote from: Nickno on June 28, 2010, 10:07:16 PM
When I was little, family members would say "Nick, no" when I would do something wrong, and they said it so much I thought it was my name, so that's how I got Nickno. lol
I also sometimes go by Ironix, which is the name my character in an abandoned Sprite comic me and my cousin used to make.

Is it still up?

Quote from: Neo on June 29, 2010, 12:31:58 AM
I used to be a Matrix whore, so I used Neo on Zelda Universe. Over time, it just stuck, and now it's universal. I just wish the people who knew me would call me "Justin." I'm pointing at YOU, Mases and Steve! >:|

:laugh:

Nickno

Quote from: tacopill on June 29, 2010, 11:15:14 AM

Is it still up?

Oh the Sprite comic? It was an offline one. So,... ya. I got the files still, i think. o_o

tacopill

Quote from: Nickno on June 29, 2010, 04:02:00 PM

Is it still up?

Oh the Sprite comic? It was an offline one. So,... ya. I got the files still, i think. o_o

ooo...i liked to see it...

Nickno

Quote from: tacopill on June 29, 2010, 04:36:00 PM
Quote from: Nickno on June 29, 2010, 04:02:00 PM

Is it still up?

ooo...i liked to see it...

eh. If i ever find em, I'll show ya. ;)

RAP

RAP: Simple to say, and nicely short - as in three letters. Fits anywhere. XD

Level 3

Level 3 is the default level of a CPU in SSBB and in many other games, and I used this when I needed a nickname for competitive smash, and it kinda just stuck.

Admin at the F-Zero Wiki.

Lazor Shroom Midna Freak

It's a combination of my NIWA usernames:

Lazor was derived from Metroid Wiki (Zero Lazor)
Shroom was derived from Super Mario Wiki (Pie Shroom, but now I'm Homestar Runner)
Midna was derived from ZeldaWiki.org (Minda of Darkness, I made a typo on the wiki but got it right on the forum)
Freak was derived from my username on the official Super Mario Wiki Forum (Jesus Freak)

Yay for hybrids!

Blue Ninjakoopa

Blue Ninjakoopa is the Ninjakoopa garbed in my favorite color, blue, and is seen as an option in one of Chuck Quizmo's quizzes in Paper Mario.

I think the Koopa Bros. are, like, the coolest. Ever.
"Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction."
John Fitzgerald Kennedy