• Welcome to NIWA Community Forums.

"Official" Worst Pokemon Designs

Started by Ambiance, February 21, 2010, 09:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambiance

The titles says it all....If it doesn't, well sorry >>

What do you think is the worst Pokemon DESIGNS? Not the worst overall, just the worst design. (Although the two are highly related often, look at Luvdisc :P)
In my opinion, the Pokemon with the worst design is Infernape. it's name is even unoriginal.

What kind of person would chose to create a creature like this?

It's obvious that they just slapped together this creature at the last minute to coincide with it's previous forms. Sorry to Infernape lovers (it's actually a good Pokemon in battle) but I cannot stand it's design.

Ell Oh Ell

Pokemon are starting to look like robot masters. >_>

Vice versa in the case of Sheep Man. Megaman is fighting Mareep holy shit.

Ambiance

There's a SHEEPman in Mega Man? o.O
What is this world coming to?

Ambiance

Wow, just wow o.O
What else would compel them to make a SHEEP robot with electric powers besides Pokemon?
It's hilarious actually ><

Jing412

sheep man is epic  :D

but worst designs i have to go with the regis, to me it felt like they stopped trying with the regis

Garlic Man

Quote from: Ambiance on February 21, 2010, 09:01:33 AM
The titles says it all....If it doesn't, well sorry >>

What do you think is the worst Pokemon DESIGNS? Not the worst overall, just the worst design. (Although the two are highly related often, look at Luvdisc :P)
In my opinion, the Pokemon with the worst design is Infernape. it's name is even unoriginal.

What kind of person would chose to create a creature like this?

It's obvious that they just slapped together this creature at the last minute to coincide with it's previous forms. Sorry to Infernape lovers (it's actually a good Pokemon in battle) but I cannot stand it's design.

I hate the Chimchar line as well.

Quote from: Jing412 on February 21, 2010, 03:34:19 PM

but worst designs i have to go with the regis, to me it felt like they stopped trying with the regis

I also dislike those; they no longer resemble Pokemon, and seem like lifeless machines like no other legendary Pokemon before. They were a disappointment.

Ambiance

Quote from: Jing412 on February 21, 2010, 03:34:19 PM

Agreed, although I kind of liked Regice's simplicity :P
I can't think of any Pokemon more lifeless looking then the Regis (even Ghost Pokemon look like animals compared to the Regis).

Level 3

Regirock, it's an onix, except the rocks are slapped together in a different shape, oh, and they gave it a paint job.

Admin at the F-Zero Wiki.

Mari-Illustrious-Makinami

Level 3

Quote from: Aiko Heiwa on February 22, 2010, 01:17:24 AM

/thread

Yessir, oops.

Seriously though, that was just epic.
HM slaves have horrible designs to show where they stand in the world.

Ell Oh Ell

I once caught a shiny Bidoof; released it immediately.

Zoroark

Seel. Oh god, SEEL. Even the name is uncreative.

The Spheal line gets props for at least being creative in design.

MOD EDIT: Image was too big. Feel free to remove this message.

Quote from: Zoroark on February 22, 2010, 02:13:02 AM
Seel. Oh god, SEEL. Even the name is uncreative.

The Spheal line gets props for at least being creative in design.
Spheal was from Gen. III and Gen. III sucked.

Level 3

I guess Seel is the least creative name, along with Mankey, along with seel, it;s an actual animal with just oe letter changed.

hateichikage

In my opinion... Generation IV sort of dropped the ball... The Pokémon were unoriginal in design (based largely off of non-fictitious animals)... and many of them were downright stupid in appearance... Also... the newly introduced gender choice in Crystal offered a rather "breath-taking" female character... In truth... none of the Pokémon games have had supremely note-worthy female protagonists... Just my two cents...
?????

Quote from: hateichikage on February 22, 2010, 02:35:08 AM
In my opinion... Generation IV sort of dropped the ball... The Pokémon were unoriginal in design (based largely off of non-fictitious animals)... and many of them were downright stupid in appearance... Also... the newly introduced gender choice in Crystal offered a rather "breath-taking" female character... In truth... none of the Pokémon games have had supremely note-worthy female protagonists... Just my two cents...
Kotone. ;)

Ambiance

Quote from: Level 3 on February 22, 2010, 12:13:53 AM
Regirock, it's an onix, except the rocks are slapped together in a different shape, oh, and they gave it a paint job.

One could say that about Golem, and they would be correct.
One could also say that about Geodude being a single piece of Onix, but with hands. The same with Graveler.

Garlic Man

Ambiance

Quote from: Garlic Man on February 22, 2010, 05:17:13 AM
Seel is worth mentioning.

It was mentioned, twice, I believe.  :laugh:

But yeah, I also thought Seel was the creation of a short lived creative process. Dewgong, on the other hand, seemed good to me.