tacopill

Quote from: Xizor on October 12, 2010, 10:05:36 PM
Anyone ever heard of Rock Gardening? :P

nope. is that a band?

Tina

Hahahaaaa. Best of both worlds!

It's a type of garden with mostly special rocks over plants.
WikiBound Editor-in-Chief

tacopill

Quote from: Tina on October 12, 2010, 10:31:21 PM

Hahahaaaa. Best of both worlds!

It's a type of garden with mostly special rocks over plants.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Metechar

I have these wiki suggestions to invite into NIWA or make one:Animal Crossing Wiki,Fire Emblem,Golden Sun,and Chibi Robo wikis. Anyone here agree?

Forgot my password, and I may not ever recover it. But you never know! JUST CLICK!

Moydow

We already have Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing wikis in the pipeline, see Affiliates. As for the others, I've heard plans for them, but nothing concrete that I know of.
NIWA Coordinator

tacopill

I am interesting in stating a golden sun wiki, but can't do it at the moment.

And i think Turtwig A (who is not a member of the forums, but a memeber of many of NIWA's wikis) wants to start a Chibi Robot wiki.

KidIcarus

I don't see why NIWA can't accept non-Nintendo wikis and still keep the name NIWA. 7-Eleven keeps its name even though most of them are now open 24 hours; 20th Century Fox never renamed itself to 21st Century Fox; and KFC is still known as KFC despite now being available outside of Kentucky. Those are just some of many, many examples. A change in a company's - or organization's - direction rarely leads to a name change.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_company_name_etymologies

Axiomist

We want a larger network, but we can't be the ones to create and maintain it all. PC Game Wikis, Xbox Game Wikis, PS Game Wikis, etc should unite on their own terms. Shape their organization and NIWA will be a sibling group to that.

tacopill

Quote from: vince220 on October 16, 2010, 08:19:23 PM
I don't see why NIWA can't accept non-Nintendo wikis and still keep the name NIWA. 7-Eleven keeps its name even though most of them are now open 24 hours; 20th Century Fox never renamed itself to 21st Century Fox; and KFC is still known as KFC despite now being available outside of Kentucky. Those are just some of many, many examples. A change in a company's - or organization's - direction rarely leads to a name change.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_company_name_etymologies

I'm not a fan of minomers. If we have Nintendo in the name, then we should be nintendo focused.

Tucayo

TBH, I think you should contact Archaic himself about this.

tacopill

Quote from: Tucayo on October 17, 2010, 01:13:31 AM
TBH, I think you should contact Archaic himself about this.

to whom are you referring to?

Tucayo

KidIcarus

I fully understand that NIWA is not aiming to be an all-inclusive wiki network at this time. I'm not saying it should be or it shouldn't be in the future; I have no firm opinion regarding that.

I'm just saying that no one should take a position on this matter based solely on the name of this organization.

Archaic

The larger a wiki organisation is, the less that could actually be done within that organisation without things turning into a Wikia and getting oppressive with requirements, etc. Personally, I'm of the opinion that if we were to ever expand beyond Nintendo, it wouldn't be under the NIWA banner. NIWA would remain in existence, as a separate group, and NIWA members wouldn't be obliged to join whatever larger umbrella organisation was set up. In the best case scenario I think, all we'd do would be to get together with whatever other groups set themselves up (there's already one for Sega games) and have something like a roundtable, with representatives of each.

tacopill

i am still working on the name, but i want to eventually help form the "United Wikis of Fiction", where each wiki group is allowed representation & membership, and each group is defined by 1) a united idea that brings together multiple wikis  AND/OR 2) the same language. So, for example:

* NIWA would be a member because it (at the moment) has english-only, Nintendo-focused wikis.
* Encyclopædiæ Pokémonis would be a member since it is multiple languages, but all focused on Pokémon.

Of course, this would also mean we would need a Spanish-focused NIWA, and an inter-language Zelda Association (with the primary language being "Hyrulean").

Seritinajii

Quote from: Archaic on October 17, 2010, 10:22:27 PM
The larger a wiki organisation is, the less that could actually be done within that organisation without things turning into a Wikia and getting oppressive with requirements, etc. Personally, I'm of the opinion that if we were to ever expand beyond Nintendo, it wouldn't be under the NIWA banner. NIWA would remain in existence, as a separate group, and NIWA members wouldn't be obliged to join whatever larger umbrella organisation was set up. In the best case scenario I think, all we'd do would be to get together with whatever other groups set themselves up (there's already one for Sega games) and have something like a roundtable, with representatives of each.

What's this Sega game network?

Axiomist

http://www.segaretro.org/Main_Page
I just approached them about working with NIWA.

KenAkuma

Their should be a countdown for the new donkey kong game coming out and it should probably be posted in the Mario wiki!

I love clicking on the countdowns every day and seeing them go down  :laugh:

Tucayo

I'll suggest that to the other admins :)