• Welcome to NIWA Community Forums.

The Official Movie Thread

Started by Level 3, February 23, 2010, 01:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Level 3

Self explanatory, dicuss and share your favorite movies and/or genres!

What I liked: Dark Knight, Iron Man, Tropic Thunder, The Hangover.

Admin at the F-Zero Wiki.

Jing412

huge fan of the batman films(minus Batman and Robin), also huge 007 fan, also star wars film geek, and ill watch anything with Seth Rogen in it ;D

Zesty Cactus

I watch about as many movies as I do TV shows (not many excluding anime). Hmm... I think Mean Girls is my favourite. It's hilarious (and it was filmed in my neighbourhood/high school!). Uh... I also like Muppet Treasure Island. Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy was cool but got old. Rocky Horror Picture Show is also cool, but gets old quickly.

hateichikage

Ooh!! Where to begin!!

-21st Century Batman Movies
-Transformers Movies
-Speed Racer
-The Island
-Stardust
-Law Abiding Citizen
-Underworld Trilogy
-Pokémon Movies 5 and 8 (Because Pokémon DIED in those!! >D)
-Yes Man
-Hangover
-Star Wars Series (Except for II)
-Avatar (Yay tree-hugging and nudist blue people!!)
-District 9 (!!!!)

And my all time favorite....
V FOR VENDETTA!!!!!!!!!!!
?????

Tucayo

My favorite gender is comedy or action/adventure

Last movie I saw: Percy Jackson, it was nice

Favorite actors: Steve carell, johny depp, jim carrey, adam sandler, ben stiller, jennifer anniston, etc......

I dislike the PD I love you actress and Rob Schendier >_>

mtn_otter

Favorite gender, Tucayo?  I hope that's a typo...
As a form of protest, I refuse to make a signature...

Naesala

2001: A Space Odyssey
Tremors
Dark Star

Lazor Shroom Midna Freak

Quote from: mtn_otter on March 07, 2010, 10:00:38 PM
I think he meant favorite genre.

My favorites are pretty much anything made by Dreamworks or Disney.

mtn_otter

Quote from: Lazor Shroom Midna Freak on April 07, 2010, 08:12:42 PM

Oh I know that.  I don't get the chance to poke fun at site admins very often, son when I see on I jump at it;D

Garlic Man

My favorite gender is female

Well firstly I love anything made by Hayao Miyazaki.

I also love Pixar movies.

I also love the Back to the Future movies.

And Cary Grant movies.

Remino52

My favorite movie ever is a Miyazaki film named Kiki's Delivery Service, childhood favorite of mine.

I recently saw How to Train Your Dragon in IMAX 3D and it was pretty awesome.

Coincidence huh, Garlic Man?

Look for Big Red on the Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst Private Servers.

Proud supporter of NIWA Wikis!

Tucayo

Quote from: mtn_otter on April 09, 2010, 01:15:59 AM
Quote from: Lazor Shroom Midna Freak on April 07, 2010, 08:12:42 PM

Oh I know that.  I don't get the chance to poke fun at site admins very often, son when I see on I jump at it;D
o__________o son? are you a father???? :O

Member#36

I'm not trying to mod heavily... but lets try to talk about movies more than we are now, ok?

The last movie I watched was Ponyo at school, surprisingly.  I enjoyed it, but I still think Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, and The Castle In The Sky were better work.  The plot was kind of odd to me over all, and I thought Sosuke was a bit too young to "love."  Of course, he may not really know what it ment, and could you it loosly to "like a lot."  Nevertheless, it was still cute of them using the word to express their feelings towards each other.

The phyical appearence of Ponyo's farther's made me chuckle, as I thought of him as a "creeper" as first. 

Irockz

Quote from: Austin on May 11, 2010, 02:58:14 PM
I'm not trying to mod heavily... but lets try to talk about movies more than we are now, ok?

The last movie I watched was Ponyo at school, surprisingly.  I enjoyed it, but I still think Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, and The Castle In The Sky was better work.  The plot was kind of odd to me over all, and I thought Sosuke was a bit too young to "love."  Of course, he may not really know what it ment, and could you it loosly to "like a lot."  Nevertheless, it was still cute of them using the word to express their feelings towards each other.

The phyical appearence of Ponyo's farther's made me chuckle, as I thought of him as a "creeper" as first. 

Howl's moving castle? I like that as well. My favourite movie is undetermined, but I just list my favourite as the simpsons movie. I also like the back to the future trilogy (I like it when he goes to the past the second time in BtTF II a lot), The marvel movies (still prefer the comics) and the gojira (yes, I know, godzilla, HIS ReAL NAME IS GOJIRA! D:<) series.

Tucayo

I saw Iron Man 2 some days ago, it is awesome  :police:

Member#36

Quote from: Aurum on May 13, 2010, 05:24:49 PM
I saw Iron Man 2 some days ago, it is awesome  :police:

The people I've talked to said the first one was better... what do you think?

Level 3

first was better, and I thought it was funnier. Second was probably a bit more serious in tone, but it;s still very good.

Mandi

I like the Pirates of the Caribbean and Lord of the Rings Trilogies.

Level 3

Let's keep this alive, I'm looking forward to Saw 3D, i find the series to be hilarious, in a dark and twisted way.

mtn_otter

I saw Nowhere boy the other day.

I can't say I love it, but I think I owed it to Lennon to watch it. The Beatles pretty much invented the modern rock genre, after all. Whether I like rock&roll or not, I have to respect that.