• Welcome to NIWA Community Forums.

NIWA Manifesto

Started by Archaic, March 01, 2010, 11:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxite

Cliches? Drawn out? Sure, it's not light reading, but for a document like a manifesto you usually try to be quite detailed and informative. It spells out to an extent what NIWA is, why NIWA was formed, and what NIWA hopes to accomplish.

Nintendoguy1

And we are trying to avoid being compared to government systems, not act unpolitical. We don't want people thinking of us as a <insert government system here> but that doesn't mean we don't want to separate totally from all politic-related stuff.

And the fluff/cliches/whatelesedidyousay is what makes it from a statement to a manifesto. Nothing is official unless it's filled with fluff :)

(see that's why Edofenrir is awesome)

KidIcarus

Quote from: Nintendoguy1 on January 25, 2011, 01:58:04 AM
whatelesedidyousay

I also said that "the whole thing is very drawn out".

Nintendoguy1

Quote from: KidIcarus on January 25, 2011, 03:18:32 AM
whatelesedidyousay

That closes up all loopholes that anyone could find.

(see that's why Edofenrir is awesome)

KidIcarus

Okay, sounds good. I was just asking for clarification.

Maxite

Quote from: Nintendoguy1 on January 25, 2011, 03:51:42 AM
whatelesedidyousay

Loopholes for what purpose? A manifesto is a declaration of intent, not a guiding document (that's what a charter or constitution is for). Unless NIWA is using the manifesto as its charter, nothing in it should be strictly binding.

tacopill

Quote from: Maxite on January 25, 2011, 04:26:56 AM
Quote from: Nintendoguy1 on January 25, 2011, 03:51:42 AM
whatelesedidyousay

Loopholes for what purpose? A manifesto is a declaration of intent, not a guiding document (that's what a charter or constitution is for). Unless NIWA is using the manifesto as its charter, nothing in it should be strictly binding.

Eh, lines in the Manifesto can still be misinterpreted, or worse, used against us.  ;)

Xizor

We use it as a charter-esque type thing. It's one of our few concrete bits of "This cannot be touched" stuff.

Bureaucrat of

tacopill

Quote from: Xizor on January 29, 2011, 10:36:12 AM
We use it as a charter-esque type thing. It's one of our few concrete bits of "This cannot be touched" stuff.

Ah, that makes sense.

Xizor

Really though it just strives to embody what we're all about, and that's what drives what we do here. The goals and mentality outlined by the manifesto dictate why we do what we do.

Bureaucrat of

KidIcarus

"Fan communities should be run together with the fans..."

I don't understand this part. The fan communities are the fans. I think it would be better to say "fan communities should be run by the fans...". Thank you.