• Welcome to NIWA Community Forums.

Suggestions

Started by Nintendoguy1, February 15, 2010, 11:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Member#36

Quote from: Mr._L on April 01, 2011, 03:47:59 PM

I think spoiler tags were added later.

When will we get more "Change your display name" in stock? and what's the difference between "Change User Title" and "Change your display name"?

Your user title is the text which is directly under your username.  Your display name is the name everyone sees your username as.  I.e., I have the username "Austin", which I use to log in, but everyone sees it as "Member #36" (my dispay name.)

Mari-Illustrious-Makinami

Quote from: Member#36 on April 01, 2011, 06:36:15 PM

When will we get more "Change your display name" in stock? and what's the difference between "Change User Title" and "Change your display name"?

Your user title is the text which is directly under your username.  Your display name is the name everyone sees your username as.  I.e., I have the username "Austin", which I use to log in, but everyone sees it as "Member #36" (my dispay name.)
I JUST SAID THAT. >:[

KidIcarus

Check the Trade Center. Mother Mario is selling one for a reasonable price of 60 niwas.

Naesala

Is there a way to see all the past names you've used?

tacopill

Hey like, what happened to my signature?

tacopill

Quote from: Aiko-chan on June 17, 2011, 06:58:44 PM
Hey like, what happened to my signature?

Sorry. I don't know. :(.

Might i suggest contacting a Forum Admin?

drewbrett

I think we should start a Professor Layton Wiki. It's becoming an increasingly popular Nintendo/Level 5 title and I think it deserves one.

Koroku

Quote from: drewbrett on June 23, 2011, 07:18:02 PM
I think we should start a Professor Layton Wiki. It's becoming an increasingly popular Nintendo/Level 5 title and I think it deserves one.
http://layton.wikia.com/wiki/Professor_Layton_Wiki

If someone gets them to go independent, I'll throw out my hosting stick (:

KidIcarus

I say combine all the franchise sub-boards in the Nintendo Gaming board. it just creates forum disunity and most of us dedicated Nintendo fans are fans of multiple franchises anyways.

Irockz

What if we spanned out into 2 Alliances? this one, for Nintendo, and another, for Sega/Microsoft/Valve/Sony.

tacopill

A Sega/Microsoft/Valve/Sony/etc. needs related wikis to start it up.

Any one of us can help them along, give them ideas, etc. But they have to want to do it for themselves first and foremost; with us as mealy advisers. Otherwise, they may expect us to do everything for them.

as an example, i am currently helping Kingdom Hearts Wiki (along with some others) start a Square Enix Alliance.

If anyone knows of any other wiki's that may want to start an alliance, please send them my way and i will do my best to help them out.

How about letting us use spaces in our names? My display name is supposed to be Rei Ayanami, not ReiAyanami.

Miles of SmashWiki

My name has caused no problems.

Srsbsns is always lurking (?_?)

dewott64

Quote from: drewbrett on June 23, 2011, 07:18:02 PM

professor layton is not nintendo

nintendo only distrubuet professor layton they dont own rights to the franchise at all
i where a fez now, fezs are cool

Greenpickle

I thought NIWA was for series primarily on Nintendo consoles, not series owned by Nintendo.

Manga Maniac

I believe our viewpoint has for now been "just because it isn't owned by Nintendo doesn't mean it can't be a Nintendo franchise". Which is one I have to agree with.

ToastUltimatum

What I've noticed across wikis is that the MediaWiki:Anonnotices that state something along the lines of "Please log in / create an account!" only link to Special:UserLogin. Surely the "create account" should link to Special:CreateAccount? I've already changed this on Icaruspedia, I suggest all other wikis do the same.

Greenpickle

I don't see much difference.  They both link to each other, and people are just as likely to have an account if they click that link as not.

ToastUltimatum

Quote from: Greenpickle on October 06, 2012, 04:58:04 PM
I don't see much difference.  They both link to each other, and people are just as likely to have an account if they click that link as not.

That's why the "please log in" can link to Special:UserLogin, and "make an account" can link to Special:CreateAccount.