• Welcome to NIWA Community Forums.

New Members Thread

Started by Melchizedek, June 12, 2010, 03:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dany36

Welcome to the forums, Waddle Dude! Enjoy your stay.   ;D

Omega Tyrant

Hi, I hail from the Smash Wiki, where I've been an admin on for the past four months, and have done almost all of my wiki editing on. I'm also a user on the, soon to be a member of NIWA, DK Wiki, with adminship there as well. My work will mostly be restricted to the Smash Wiki, but I'll be checking around here, getting to know the NIWA community, and taking part in its discussions when I see necessary.

Toomai

I'm also from SmashWiki, where I'm the primary bureaucrat (in terms of active-ness). Most likely I won't stick around here much if at all.
oeuf

tacopill

welcome guys! Be sure to visit this thread when you guy's accounts are upgraded.  :eekdance:

Tucayo

Welcome!! I gave you both Staff Access

Miles of SmashWiki

It would appear my partners in crime wikimagic have beaten me to the punch.

I'm Miles, and I do Smash stuff. ;D

Srsbsns is always lurking (?_?)

Peanut64

Quote from: Miles of SmashWiki on October 30, 2010, 02:46:18 AM
It would appear my partners in crime wikimagic have beaten me to the punch.

I'm Miles, and I do Smash stuff. ;D

Nice sig! And Welcome. I should also welcome myself. Even though most already know me and my big mouth.  ;D

Miles of SmashWiki

Well it's those guys in the Art District at AllisBrawl that deserve the credit for my sig.  Not my own work, alas.

Srsbsns is always lurking (?_?)

skizzerz

Heyo!

After having been frustrated by the signup captcha not working properly for about a week now, I finally figured out a way around it and created an account! woohoo!

Anyway, I'm a bureaucrat on StrategyWiki, and have used Bulbapedia extensively for info on Pokémon games. I must admit that I have had no (or minimal) involvement in other NIWA wikis, and that probably won't change due to school and work  :(

I'm involved in a few other non-NIWA wikis and am also a MediaWiki developer (having written a handful of extensions and a couple of core features)

tacopill

Quote from: skizzerz on October 31, 2010, 08:13:48 PM
Heyo!

After having been frustrated by the signup captcha not working properly for about a week now, I finally figured out a way around it and created an account! woohoo!

Anyway, I'm a bureaucrat on StrategyWiki, and have used Bulbapedia extensively for info on Pokémon games. I must admit that I have had no (or minimal) involvement in other NIWA wikis, and that probably won't change due to school and work  :(

I'm involved in a few other non-NIWA wikis and am also a MediaWiki developer (having written a handful of extensions and a couple of core features)

ooo, which wiki's and extensions?

Moydow

Heh. Welcome to the NIWA forums, Skizzerz. :) Good to see you here.
NIWA Coordinator

skizzerz

Quote from: tacopill on October 31, 2010, 08:25:13 PM

other wikis: www.mediawiki.org (wiki about the MediaWiki software), www.thetestwiki.org (wiki for testing what admin tools do, among other things), a few wikis on wikia (bureaucrat on gaming.wikia and mtg.wikia, although I haven't been there at all recently due to all the crap going on), and shoutwiki
extensions: see here for a partial list (I've written some extensions for people that wanted them to remain closed-source, so those are obviously not listed)

Quote from: Moydow on October 31, 2010, 08:26:52 PM
Heh. Welcome to the NIWA forums, Skizzerz. :) Good to see you here.
Hey Moydow! Thanks :)

SoujiroElric

I didn't think I would stay here for so long, so I think I'm introducing myself.

I'm SoujiroElric, co-admin of Medabots Wiki and admin of it's spanish version, Medapedia. We're trying to move from wikia, so I thought this was the best place to ask for help.

Nice to meet you all :)

tacopill

Quote from: skizzerz on October 31, 2010, 08:41:08 PM

other wikis: www.mediawiki.org (wiki about the MediaWiki software), www.thetestwiki.org (wiki for testing what admin tools do, among other things), a few wikis on wikia (bureaucrat on gaming.wikia and mtg.wikia, although I haven't been there at all recently due to all the crap going on), and shoutwiki
extensions: see here for a partial list (I've written some extensions for people that wanted them to remain closed-source, so those are obviously not listed)

sweet! Would you be interested in teaching me how to do extensions?

skizzerz

Quote from: tacopill on October 31, 2010, 08:53:25 PM

sure, pm me with what you'd like to know so we don't hijack this thread :)

tacopill

Quote from: skizzerz on October 31, 2010, 08:59:07 PM
Quote from: tacopill on October 31, 2010, 08:53:25 PM

sure, pm me with what you'd like to know so we don't hijack this thread :)

sweet!

Unknown the Hedgehog

I'm also from SmashWiki. I'm not an admin or anything there, but I have been there long enough to not be a newbie. :p

TurtwigA

I'm Turtwig A, or A, though I won't post here much or anything. I'm on all NIWA wikis, and most wikis trying to join NIWA.

Please give me internets! So much less bulkier than those eggs.
tg.wikkii.com-My Touch! Generations Wiki
chibirobo.wikkii.com My Chibi-Robo! Wiki

Help spread the word about the word smorent! Definition: [smohrent] adj. fluffy. In a sentence: that bear is very smorent.

tacopill

Quote from: A on November 02, 2010, 09:31:34 PM
I'm Turtwig A, or A, though I won't post here much or anything. I'm on all NIWA wikis, and most wikis trying to join NIWA.

hi turtwig!

Megatron1

I am from DK Wiki, which just recently moved to NIWA and I am an admin on there. Omega Tyrant informed me about something occuring on this and the forum requires that I need staff access.