• Welcome to NIWA Community Forums.

seeking explaination of pokemon memes.

Started by tacopill, February 28, 2010, 10:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tacopill

can anyone explain to me the purpose of Pokemon-related memes? The examples i can think of:

• I heard you lieked mudkips
  • Blastoise dad who get's you presents on Christmas and then doesn't mind if you return them the next day
  • Mr. Mime is Ash's dad

I apoligize to anyone whose fun i am ruining in this post, but i have a friend who spots these things (and other nonsense) in an attempt to turn me away from Pokemon. At least, i think that's why he does it.

Level 3

you wrote the meme wrong, it's "I herd u liek mudkipz"

otherwise, I've no idea.

Admin at the F-Zero Wiki.

mtn_otter

Don't know about the other two, but "i herd u liekz mudkips" is a completely random thing that started on DevianArt(where 90% of internet memes start).

There's an animation about it, but I can't find it for some reason.
As a form of protest, I refuse to make a signature...

Level 3

Quote from: mtn_otter on February 28, 2010, 11:44:17 PM
Don't know about the other two, but "i herd u liekz mudkips" is a completely random thing that started on DevianArt(where 90% of internet memes start).

it's DeviantArt (at least get it right.)

I disagree, 99% of memes come from either Sonic Sez or CD-i Zelda. So it usually comes from some big (or small) screw up in a game or etc.

Others start on /b/ or a random troll forum.

Jing412

dont forget the F*** yea Seaking meme, otherwise yea its usually something random that happens on 4chan

Level 3

If it's not CD-i zelda or Sonic Says, it's always 4chan, you're right.

??s?????c

Quote from: tacopill on February 28, 2010, 10:10:24 PM
can anyone explain to me the purpose of Pokemon-related memes? The examples i can think of:

• I heard you lieked mudkips
  • Blastoise dad who get's you presents on Christmas and then doesn't mind if you return them the next day
  • Mr. Mime is Ash's dad

I apoligize to anyone whose fun i am ruining in this post, but i have a friend who spots these things (and other nonsense) in an attempt to turn me away from Pokemon. At least, i think that's why he does it.
http://knowyourmeme.com/
Quote from: mtn_otter on February 28, 2010, 11:44:17 PM

There's an animation about it, but I can't find it for some reason.
Most meme's start on 4chan not dA.  There have been about 3 memes to start on dA.

Garlic Man

When I first saw the topic title I thought for sure it would be a pun.

explanation, eh?

Mari-Illustrious-Makinami

Quote from: Garlic Man on March 01, 2010, 05:25:16 AM
When I first saw the topic title I thought for sure it would be a pun.

explanation, eh?
You did it before me. :<

Emerald Yoshi

It's better off not explaining them, because my Mudkip is giving me a look tha...*gets cut off as being hit by a Shoop da Woop from him and a lasor-shooting Seaking*
Also known as:
Sapphire Mudkip
PK Mudkip
Pancakes
Yoshiforce
BlueYoshi199X
FireryredNess

Mari-Illustrious-Makinami

Quote from: Emerald Yoshi on March 02, 2010, 12:47:45 AM
It's better off not explaining them, because my Mudkip is giving me a look tha...*gets cut off as being hit by a Shoop da Woop from him and a lasor-shooting Seaking*
FUCK YEAH SEAKING!

mtn_otter

I realize that this is an old thread, but another meme you see alot on GTSPlus is, "I licked a [name of Pokemon] and now I [subordinate clause that involves Pokemon]."

It seem fairly straightforward, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how it might have started.
As a form of protest, I refuse to make a signature...

KidIcarus