Author Topic: DAWN  (Read 5678 times)

Offline interdes27

• View Profile
DAWN
« on: March 06, 2014, 09:54:08 PM »
DAWN is a community of wikis on Wikia and Wikii. Some of their members (correction, most of their members) haven't been updated since 2011. I propose we contact each ACTIVE wiki about affiliation (or membership), move the dead and largely inactive wikis, and discuss a merger of NIWA's Iccaruspedia and DAWN's Kid Iccarus Wiki.

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
Re: DAWN
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 08:59:53 PM »
I was the person who ran Kid Icarus on DAWN. I don't think a merger would result in any major benefits as the NIWA version has already surpassed it in quality. It's unfortunate that I let the wiki die because a prominent member on this community (Axiomist) helped me out with the main page, and influenced how I grew it. There was a second, more-developed version that I moved onto Wikkii's pseudo-private hosting, but I think that version is no longer accessible due to years of inactivity.

I originally made DAWN in hopes of using it as a platform to create wiki's that were just starting; there was, at the time, many users on the forum who were excited to make wikis of their own but were unable or unwilling to privately host them in their infancy. For reasons I no longer remember, NIWA coordinators rejected the idea and prohibited further discussion on these forums. Nowadays, it seems like N-Wiki has taken that role to the best of its abilities.