Author Topic: What has happened  (Read 7473 times)

Offline TurtwigA

• Wiki editor
  • Why must the space not come?
    • View Profile
What has happened
« on: October 21, 2011, 02:06:38 AM »
I've been gone for months from this place, and it seems like it's now deserted. What happened to it? I still remember February 2010 like it was just yesterday, and this is the complete opposite of what became of that. NIWA definitely needs more advertisement, it can't just go like this forever...

Please give me internets! So much less bulkier than those eggs.
tg.wikkii.com-My Touch! Generations Wiki
chibirobo.wikkii.com My Chibi-Robo! Wiki

Help spread the word about the word smorent! Definition: [smohrent] adj. fluffy. In a sentence: that bear is very smorent.

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What has happened
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 02:27:31 AM »
I've been gone for months from this place, and it seems like it's now deserted. What happened to it? I still remember February 2010 like it was just yesterday, and this is the complete opposite of what became of that. NIWA definitely needs more advertisement, it can't just go like this forever...

I know, I want more people to come here too.

Offline Greenpickle

• Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 08:18:03 AM »
Meh, life intervened for lots of people once the new school/work year started.  It happens.  I've tried advertising for various things before, and pretty much failed miserably, so I don't know if I should even try...  /pessimism

Offline The Forgotten Beast

• StarfyWiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 08:29:29 AM »
Personal stuff got in the way of me working here a while back I admit, but I've been done with that for months and have been working diligently on the wikis I oversee. Also at times when I try to come into the forums, an error screen appears like "Faq error" and whatnot, that could be the reason for the low traffic here on the forums (or maybe that's just me), we also have a low number of users on some of the wikis like F-Zero Wiki, DK wiki and Starfy Wiki and like its been said we need more advertisement for NIWA and maybe update the forums and make them more modern, I'm not sure in what way but NIWA's always managed to pull through in the past.

Offline Greenpickle

• Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 09:31:30 AM »
Well, I haven't seen any errors here recently at least.

Offline Foxdude54

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 06:33:42 PM »
Sorry, I got a new puppy, I can only get on once in a while.

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
What went right, what went wrong, and how to fix it
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 05:54:16 AM »
Personally, I've lost interest after my wiki idea was shot down (it was Kid Icarus by the way- not a part of NIWA, I should probably be clear on that). I think of myself as a fan of the series, but any work on a wiki is discouraging when there is little to no help available. My guess is many others felt the same way. It was December 2010/January 2011 when NIWA prohibited talks of a "minor-league" affiliate system thereby cutting off a stream of editors for potential member wikis. Coincidentally (or maybe it's not a coincidence at all), the number of posts has decreased every month since then. Due to the "behind-the-scenes" nature of a wiki alliance, these forums only attract traffic when there is growth; unfortunately, NIWA has chosen to stagnate in the past 9 months. Of course, the actual wikis are doing better than ever, so I suppose it worked out well in a way.

P.S. To reinforce unity, I suggest merging all the sub-boards under Nintendo Gaming. They cater to the same audiences and the discussions are very similar. There's no need to fragment an already waning community. I've suggested this before, but it must have been ignored (or rejected).
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 05:56:47 AM by KidIcarus »

• StarfyWiki Staff
    • View Profile
Re: What went right, what went wrong, and how to fix it
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 07:53:17 AM »
Personally, I've lost interest after my wiki idea was shot down (it was Kid Icarus by the way- not a part of NIWA, I should probably be clear on that). I think of myself as a fan of the series, but any work on a wiki is discouraging when there is little to no help available. My guess is many others felt the same way. It was December 2010/January 2011 when NIWA prohibited talks of a "minor-league" affiliate system thereby cutting off a stream of editors for potential member wikis. Coincidentally (or maybe it's not a coincidence at all), the number of posts has decreased every month since then. Due to the "behind-the-scenes" nature of a wiki alliance, these forums only attract traffic when there is growth; unfortunately, NIWA has chosen to stagnate in the past 9 months. Of course, the actual wikis are doing better than ever, so I suppose it worked out well in a way.

P.S. To reinforce unity, I suggest merging all the sub-boards under Nintendo Gaming. They cater to the same audiences and the discussions are very similar. There's no need to fragment an already waning community. I've suggested this before, but it must have been ignored (or rejected).

That's rough... <:/ But have their been any talks on anymore attempts at trying to add a Kid Icarus wiki? I'd be more than happy to aid in such a project! :laugh:

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 07:18:51 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, there are no Kid Icarus projects in the works. Ahmlink was working on one, but he didn't get beyond the main page. Mine was scrapped, but I'll gladly share any content that I have saved (it had about 100 articles about half of which were stubs). It's been especially hard to attract a fanbase though with the numerous delays on Kid Icarus 3DS's release.

• StarfyWiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 11:18:17 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, there are no Kid Icarus projects in the works. Ahmlink was working on one, but he didn't get beyond the main page. Mine was scrapped, but I'll gladly share any content that I have saved (it had about 100 articles about half of which were stubs). It's been especially hard to attract a fanbase though with the numerous delays on Kid Icarus 3DS's release.

Maybe once the game is released we could try and convince NIWA to re-approve the Kid Icarus wiki idea?

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 03:17:46 AM »
Yeah, NIWA really needs a community goal like a start-up wiki or something to regain traffic (a lot of the start-up wikis have lost their traffic so some other project might be better right now). Perhaps creating a Nintendo news blog run by NIWA's users? At the very least, a constant stream of users will be visiting the blog every day or so.