Author Topic: Starfy 6?  (Read 9768 times)

Offline captainmario111

• This is so hi-technicaaaaaal!
    • View Profile
Starfy 6?
« on: October 29, 2011, 06:41:56 PM »
Well it's been 3 years since The Legendary Starfy came out...will there be a sixth game?! and if so, should it be for 3DS or for Wii/Wii U? I personally think it should stay as a handheld series.

Offline Torchickens

• StarfyWiki Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Starfy 6?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 11:21:34 PM »
Interestingly enough, it was asked in an interview with Nintendo and TOSE in 2009 whether there were any plans for a sixth game in the series where Hitoshi Yamagami of Nintendo replied "yes!" with a long pause and a laugh. This definitely doesn't imply that a sequel is coming, but suggests there probably might be one in the future. Nintendo also said this, so I suppose you could argue that TOSE, the developers would be the best people to ask.

I'd suspect it would probably be for Nintendo 3DS, I would love to play a new Starfy game. Curiously when TOSE were asked a sequel was going to be released on Wii, they replied that they would "most likely have to make it into a 3D game which would be a natural extension of the series and felt that such a thing would make things 'too complicated for the general kid-friendly audience". I'd also prefer a 3DS version for convenience, but I don't think a Wii/WiiU version would necessarily make it a bad idea because they could probably make it a '2.5D' style game like Kirby's Epic Yarn rather than set the game in a full 3D environment.
Hello. I identify as female. She/her pronouns please. :)

(credits to Moydow)

I spend a lot of my time making videos about Pokémon glitches on my Youtube channel ChickasaurusGL.

I'm the editor in chief of Starfy Wiki. Let me know or Tappy know of any bugs or other concerns. :)

Discord: Torchickens #3213
Twitter: Torchickens
Email: [email protected]

Offline captainmario111

• This is so hi-technicaaaaaal!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 02:02:38 AM »
Oh I didn't know about that interview...but at least we have some kind of evidence that there could indeed be a sixth title in the making, and that would be awesome. The 3DS seems to be more likely but yeah if they make is on Wii/WiiU then 2.5D would probably be the way to go. A full 3D environment for a Starfy game would be a bit too "strange" in my opinion! xD but I don't think that TOSE would stray that far from the gameplay style that we have enjoyed throughout the five games so far.

Offline Starphoria

• StarfyWiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • Icaruspedia
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 11:43:09 PM »
I'm hoping that Nintendo announces a new ENGLISH Starfy game at E3. I loved "Starfy 5" and I really like the gameplay of Densetsu no Starfy 4, but I don't know Japanese, so some of it was ruined...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 02:21:27 AM by Starphoria »
- Administrator of Starfy Wiki
- Administrator of F-Zero Wiki
- Director of Icaruspedia
- Supporter of NIWA

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 08:01:06 PM »
I wanna see it on as many platforms as possible