Author Topic: Something I'd like to bring up about NintendoWiki  (Read 5377 times)

Offline HavocReaper48

• The Falcon Punch Master
  • Donkey Kong Wiki Staff
  • Orly?
    • View Profile
Something I'd like to bring up about NintendoWiki
« on: November 08, 2011, 01:58:27 AM »
Article Count: 509

Stub Count: 378

:o

74% of the pages are in need of improvement.

*raises NIWA patriotic flag*

Help anyone?

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
Re: Something I'd like to bring up about NintendoWiki
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 11:36:54 PM »
What audience is NintendoWiki even trying to cater towards? I'd think anyone that wants to know anything about a certain game would go straight to the game's respective wiki. That leaves employees, lawsuits, company history... much of which falls beyond the expertise of NIWA's editors.

Offline Vellidragon

• Hungry dragoness
  • WiKirby Staff
  • That fat girl
    • View Profile
    • Pelsatia
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 04:40:48 PM »
What audience is NintendoWiki even trying to cater towards? I'd think anyone that wants to know anything about a certain game would go straight to the game's respective wiki. That leaves employees, lawsuits, company history... much of which falls beyond the expertise of NIWA's editors.
Not every game (series) has or can even logically have a full-fledged wiki. Nintendo has made or published a lot smaller games that don't really provide enough material to base a wiki on, and Nintendo Wiki can (in theory) cover these quite nicely. There's also consoles, which do have articles on other member-wikis, but those are always centred on a particular game series there, whereas Nintendo Wiki can devote more attention towards the systems in general, unrelated to any particular games.

But yeah, it's in serious need of attention if it ever hopes to actually cover anything in any way that's actually of value. The only reason the article count is even so high is because of Taco's hundreds of placeholders consisting of nothing but section headers (quite frankly, those may also be turning people away from the wiki as they all show up as blue links despite containing no valuable information at all, making it very hard to even find anything that's actually helpful; at least with red links, you know right away that there is no information).

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 06:43:05 PM »
If a NIWA wiki already has an article about a certain game/employee/console, they could just volunteer their content over to the Nintendo Wiki. It would help it get on its feet at least.