Author Topic: Ask The Admins & Wiki Staff  (Read 30876 times)

Offline Nathan

• Metroid Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Ask The Admins & Wiki Staff
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2010, 11:41:29 AM »
Honestly, I think it's rather premature to consider purchasing advertising. If we were going to though, some of us have industry contacts who, while maybe not able to give us any discount on the rates, could at least point us at the right people.

http://www.gaebler.com/Nintendo+Power-magazine-advertising-costs++29633

That was all found in one very simple google search. It's roughly 16,000$ to get a simple one page, black and white, advertisment in the megazine. I don't even think bulbapedia, the biggest wiki on the network, produces that sort of money.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
Re: Ask The Admins & Wiki Staff
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2010, 03:56:50 PM »
right, so i just pull some money out of my endowment.....

how much woud a half or quater page cost? sometimes they are different rates.

Also:
Honestly, I think it's rather premature to consider purchasing advertising. If we were going to though, some of us have industry contacts who, while maybe not able to give us any discount on the rates, could at least point us at the right people.

http://www.gaebler.com/Nintendo+Power-magazine-advertising-costs++29633

That was all found in one very simple google search. It's roughly 16,000$ to get a simple one page, black and white, advertisment in the megazine. I don't even think bulbapedia, the biggest wiki on the network, produces that sort of money.

Out of curiousuty, why did you put the dollar sign after the money and not before?

Offline Malake256

• Metroid Wiki Staff
  • It actually glows...
    • View Profile
    • Metroid Wiki Admin
Re: Ask The Admins & Mario/Zelda/Bulba/Metroid/WiKirby Staff
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2010, 05:00:09 AM »
I sold my sould to the MarioWiki

In the MW, patrollers are admins....

Lol, thought you meant Metroid Wiki, with the MW. That gets confusing... That's funny too, because in metroid wiki, there were three patrollers that at once became the entire Metroid Wiki staff lol.
My Weavile Brick Breaks Blisseys :)

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
Re: Ask The Admins & Mario/Zelda/Bulba/Metroid/WiKirby Staff
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2010, 10:43:16 PM »
I sold my sould to the MarioWiki

In the MW, patrollers are admins....

Lol, thought you meant Metroid Wiki, with the MW. That gets confusing... That's funny too, because in metroid wiki, there were three patrollers that at once became the entire Metroid Wiki staff lol.

nice!