1 (50%)
pikachu smoking a cigar
0 (0%)
dog snuggling with a stuffed animal
0 (0%)
light bulb exploding
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Regarding Moydow.  (Read 6583 times)

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
Regarding Moydow.
« on: March 10, 2013, 11:35:55 AM »
If we could chose one avatar and he had to keep it for seven weeks, what would you chose

Offline IceScream

• View Profile
Re: Regarding Moydow.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 12:48:09 PM »
After all those horrible posts I wondered why he hasn't been banned yet.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 12:53:11 PM by IceScream »

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 02:59:43 PM »
Please stop IceScream. You have been a member of this forum for one week and have done nothing but criticize the members who have been here since the beginning - the members who have made NIWA what it is today. Moydow has been a well-liked and respected member of the NIWA family for a long time. If you consider his posts to be "horrible posts", then maybe your ideals are inconsistent with those of NIWA.

Offline IceScream

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 02:25:56 AM »
That post was not directed at Moydow, but you. Can you stop making any more useless posts?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 02:40:44 AM by IceScream »

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 03:17:47 AM »
I understand it can be tempting to make off-topic posts, but please refrain from criticizing the members of the NIWA community. We are a closely-knit family, and a jab at one of us is a jab at all of us.

Offline Vellidragon

• Hungry dragoness
  • WiKirby Staff
  • That fat girl
    • View Profile
    • Pelsatia
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 11:47:46 AM »
We are a closely-knit family, and a jab at one of us is a jab at all of us.
I'm sorry, but I don't consider it a jab at me when a specific forum member is criticised for making useless posts (and rightfully so, looking at this very thread & considering that other members have had the same complaint). IceScream has also only been criticising you in particular, not "members of the NIWA community" in general, so you may wish to stop acting like you are protecting the community and our "ideals" here when you are actually only trying to render criticism of yourself inert while completely ignoring the message.

That said, valid or not, I do agree that IceScream has been going overboard, and while I'm in no forum-specific position of power, I would suggest that you two resolve this in private as the "KidIcarus makes too many useless posts" comments following every single one of such posts are becoming more of a disturbance than the useless posts in question. There is also an option for ignoring users under Profile -> Modify Profile -> Buddies/Ignore List... -> Edit Ignore List which may help. It's sad when members cannot get along, but if such feuds need to happen, at least try not to resort to public back-and-forth flaming. Just my two euro cents on this.

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 12:06:03 PM »
Thank you Vellidragon. I appreciate your camaraderie, and I've expected nothing less from my fellow community members here on NIWA. I'm very pleased that you brought up the concept of "ideals" once more. As an organization, NIWA has its foundations in unity, positivity, and kindness.

On behalf of NIWA I recognize that you never got a formal welcome IceScream, and I forgive you for your hostility. To be honest, it's arguably the organization's responsibility to make our ideals well-known, and we have failed you at that task. Please forgive both myself and Vellidragon (as well as others) for not formally welcoming you, and please understand that this is uncharacteristic of the loving family that we are.

Profile -> Modify Profile -> Buddies

Wow thanks! I totally forgot about this feature. I'm adding all of you guys as buddies as we speak.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 12:25:11 PM by KidIcarus »

Offline Vellidragon

• Hungry dragoness
  • WiKirby Staff
  • That fat girl
    • View Profile
    • Pelsatia
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 03:10:24 PM »
Thank you Vellidragon. I appreciate your camaraderie, and I've expected nothing less from my fellow community members here on NIWA.
Stealth insults are not going to help.
On behalf of NIWA
Sorry, but you are in no position to speak on behalf of NIWA, you can only speak on your own behalf. I recommend you stop impersonating staff, as it may get you into trouble (in addition to making you look arrogant, entitled and disrespectful, not only towards the people above whom you are elevating yourself but also towards the actual staff members whose endorsement you are wrongfully pretending to have). This also applies to most of the rest of your post.
Please forgive both myself and Vellidragon
...and you certainly are in no position to speak on my behalf. This offends me personally; please stop. I am also going to repeat my recommendation of settling this in private with IceScream; publicly mocking them here does not resolve the issue, it only worsens your situation and creates a hostile atmosphere, and nobody wins that way.

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 08:41:02 PM »
Well unfortunate as it may be IceScream, I recant the apology I made on Vellidragon's behalf. Additionally I apologize to you, Vellidragon, for apologizing on your behalf. For those who may have been confused by my posts, I speak as an active and loyal member of NIWA, not as a staff member. It is often a loving community (excuse the hostility that may have arose in the past three posts) and I am proud to represent it as an equal, not as a  superior.

I am also going to repeat my recommendation of settling this in private with IceScream
Thank you for the advice Vellidragon; however, IceScream and I have already smoothed out any differences in ideology we may have had (as can be seen in this thread). I suggest that moderators sticky this thread to show how level-headed and loving discussion can bring a family such as our own even closer than any of us ever thought was possible.

Regarding the topic, I chose "light bulb exploding". I though any avatar involving a monkey would be too much of a cliche. Pikachu smoking a cigar encouraged unhealthy life habits. Also, I was afraid that a dog snuggling with stuffed animals might portray Moydow in a feminine manner when he is, in reality, a male. In essence, I selected "light bulb exploding" by process of elimination.

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 01:42:22 AM »
Vellidragon has it pretty much covered. I don't think I have anything else to add. I will however lock this to prevent further issues.