• Welcome to NIWA Community Forums.

Metroid Wiki and Wikirby

Started by onetwentysix, April 22, 2010, 02:08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onetwentysix

What about them. They decided to join the NIWA.  :mario: :mario: :mario: :mario: :mario: :mario: :mario: :mario: :mario: :mario: :mario: :mario: :mario: :mario: :mario: :mario: :mario: :mario: :mario: :mario: :mario: :mario:

Member#36

I do not understand what this thread is about,could you please explain?

onetwentysix

I went onto WiKirby and saw that it has joined the NIWA or something. But in the NIWA official website, there are only four links, 3 link to Bulbapedia, Zelda Wiki, and the Super Mario Wiki, and one links to the forums. If WiKirby and Metroid Wiki joined, there should also be links to each of the websites.  :police:

Member#36

Yes,well Zelda Wiki.org, Bulbapedia, and Super Mario Wiki are the three founding wikis of the NIWA.  Wikirby and Metroid Wiki joined as secondary members who aren't truly part of the NIWA yet.  [Other staff members have more infomation on this than I do.]

The main site is also beeing redone, and the forums are getting another board for you convience.  Both of which will have information about alieces, the NIWA, and wiks.  So, they wil be inlcuded sooner or later.

EliasT

I had posted about this earlier...

I'm sure that's it eventually that they will be official members, and that it's only a matter of time and popularity/size/traffic.

Hotchmoney

Quote from: onetwentysix on April 22, 2010, 02:23:55 AM
I went onto WiKirby and saw that it has joined the NIWA or something. But in the NIWA official website, there are only four links, 3 link to Bulbapedia, Zelda Wiki, and the Super Mario Wiki, and one links to the forums. If WiKirby and Metroid Wiki joined, there should also be links to each of the websites.  :police:
Note that WiKirby and Metroid Wiki have not yet met the 200-article requirement* to (fully) join NIWA. Wars Wiki, another wiki trying to join NIWA, has met this requirement but is waiting for WiKirby and Metroid Wiki to reach that 200-article point as well for it to become an official member.

* This is currently the only requirement, according to Tucayo's post in the Wars Wiki thread:
Quote from: Tucayo on March 08, 2010, 10:59:08 PM
Well, we had set it to 200 articles :) But of course, quality and other stuff also count  :police:
However, this requirement may have changed, and a subjective judging or something may be necessary.
Contributor to Wars Wiki interested in both helping NIWA and bringing Wars Wiki into it.

Member#36

I never heard of this "200 article" requirment.  But then again, I never did read the old stuff from the staff boards.

Hotchmoney

Quote from: Austin on April 23, 2010, 10:49:11 PM
I never heard of this "200 article" requirment.  But then again, I never did read the old stuff from the staff boards.
I haven't read the staff boards either (obviously), but that's what Tucayo said.

Speaking of both membership in NIWA and staff, there should be a "Wars Wiki Staff" rank if there are ranks for "Wikirby Staff" and "Metroid Wiki Staff", to be fair.
Contributor to Wars Wiki interested in both helping NIWA and bringing Wars Wiki into it.

Member#36

I don't even think most of us know what's happening with Wars Wiki.  I'm sure such a rank will be added once at least someone states any updates War Wiki have had.

Tucayo

AFAIK, Wars Wiki will become an official member of NIWA on May 16th, the day of the new Main Hub release. About the staff rankings, I think they can be added that day. You will also need a Leader to represent WW and speak for the userbase in admin matters

Hotchmoney

Quote from: Tucayo on April 26, 2010, 12:50:25 AM
About the staff rankings, I think they can be added that day. You will also need a Leader to represent WW and speak for the userbase in admin matters
We have discussed this matter on our forums, and JoJo (the owner of Wars Central and WW's sole admin) would like be this "Leader". She has an account here (she has posted in the Wars Wiki thread), so take action as necessary, I suppose. As far as staff, I have been permitted by Jo to be added as a WW staff here.

Tucayo

Ok :)
So, for the staff, it would just be JoJo, the leader, and you, right? Or am I missing someone?

Hotchmoney

No, JoJo is the leader. Other than that, you're spot-on.

Axiomist

It's just JoJo as far as I know, she hasn't felt that Wars Wiki needs other staff yet. I haven't seen her on MSN in a while now but I haven't been online much, and not during any of my European contacts regular hours :P I do think we should set Wars Wiki up as we have with WiKirby and Metroid Wiki, a banner, and JoJo have access to the other sections. That would need to be agreed upon back there first, but I don't think it'll be a major hassle to have it done.

onetwentysix

Shouldn't this be moved to the Nintendo Gaming Board??

Tucayo

Quote from: onetwentysix on June 02, 2010, 09:34:42 PM
Shouldn't this be moved to the Nintendo Gaming Board??
Not really, because it talks about the wikis, not the games