Author Topic: Alliance Requests  (Read 174192 times)

Offline Cowbeb

• View Profile
Re: Alliance Requests
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2010, 05:59:15 AM »
I don't think you guys will be seeing Hemu again. He went berserk and took the new independant Fantendo site with him.

Offline Mari-Illustrious-Makinami

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2010, 06:52:57 AM »
1. Interlinking between the wikis, ev. also their acoompanying websit, eg. Bulbagarden, if they have one, in addition to the NIWA site and forums, just like how the Encyclopediae Pokémonis sites do, which helps users and websites to to find it big times, or else this will get abandoned since no wikis can find it, members will stop cokming, and existing members and wikis will forget about it.
I don't really want to see a "Visit the NIWA" thing whenever I visit Bulbapedia. D:

Offline King Mario

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2010, 10:45:38 AM »
1. Interlinking between the wikis, ev. also their acoompanying websit, eg. Bulbagarden, if they have one, in addition to the NIWA site and forums, just like how the Encyclopediae Pokémonis sites do, which helps users and websites to to find it big times, or else this will get abandoned since no wikis can find it, members will stop cokming, and existing members and wikis will forget about it.
I don't really want to see a "Visit the NIWA" thing whenever I visit Bulbapedia. D:
Maybe I was unclear, but sited of Encyclopediae Pokémonis, which I (maybe unclearly) stated it would be similar to, does not request the reader or someone else to visit the sites, but simply have a template that shows the logo, some neutral information, and interlinks the wikis, at the bottom of the page. I request a template that works the same way and looks the same way, just with a link to the sites and the forums, which not needs to mention the word "visit".

Offline Tucayo

• Super Mario Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • MarioWiki's Shroom
« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2010, 04:04:27 PM »
So Fantendo is getting separated??? Thats not good. As GM said, I thought your userbase aproved

Offline Hemu

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2010, 05:15:10 PM »
they did originally, but the site had errors, and they decided to stay at wikia without even letting me fix it

Offline Garlic Man

• Fluent Japanese Speaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2010, 05:22:33 PM »
OK. Well, that's too bad then. Hopefully you can eventually work it out in the future.

Offline Hemu

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2010, 05:44:59 PM »
mk

Offline smashbrother101

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2010, 06:19:02 PM »
And these are strictly Nintendo right?
I like turtles................................ ....................................... ...........:eekdance:

Offline Axiomist

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
    • WiKirby
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2010, 07:14:58 PM »
Start a new thread for Fantendo's tech issues and we'll try assisting there.

Offline Clyde1998

• Clyde the Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2010, 08:53:38 PM »
So Fantendo is getting separated??? Thats not good. As GM said, I thought your userbase aproved
Yeah, after user request.

Offline Hemu

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2010, 01:53:11 AM »
It might end up that Fantendo splits into 2

Offline Axiomist

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
    • WiKirby
« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2010, 02:54:07 AM »
I'll be honest, the user base may not want to move until you have the new home up, ready, and clearly better than the old. Stick with them for now and work on the new site on the side.

Offline Level 3

• F-Zero Wiki Staff
  • Hey everyone, just here to help with the effort.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2010, 03:13:17 AM »
I'll be honest, the user base may not want to move until you have the new home up, ready, and clearly better than the old. Stick with them for now and work on the new site on the side.

I agree, NIWA isn't running away or going anywhere, I'm pretty sure we can wait, just get everything fixed up and allright so that it will be ready for a smooth transition.

Admin at the F-Zero Wiki.

Offline SMB

• Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2010, 03:55:16 AM »
I do not support the affiliate - member BS. You're either good enough to be part of NIWA or your note. Personally, I will not be allowing http://www.metroidwiki.org to be some sort of affiliate. We are either good enough to be a member, or were not and need to continue working to that level.
Actually, I would like to disagree. There are some wikis that may hold great potential, and could use an affiliation with NIWA to boost whatever it is that they need to become better (activity, more articles, etc.).

Sorry, just my two cents. It's just overcomplicating things, and I can say safely people in staff can't even agree on what privledges an affiliate verse a member even has.
Actually, it's not that complicated. Either you meet the requirements to be a full member, meet the requirements for affiliation, or none of the prior listed. And I love how you say that the staff "can't even agree on what privledges an affiliate verse a member even has," considering that we are actually trying to improve on each others ideas rather than saying that we don't know what the hell the other staff members even mean.

To me it's simple: If you're on the hub page - your an official NIWA member and wiki. Screw this affiliate program of being some sort of sub member that needs to work up to member. It's an elitest attitude, and I don't like it. It means "well you're a nice wiki, but not as good as this, this, and this."
Actually... Once again, I'd love to argue your (in my opinion, no offense when I say this) very flawed opinion. It is actually not an elitist attitude, it is for those wikis who don't exactly meet the requirements to be a member (such as Fantendo when it was a contendor for NIWA affiliation, as it did not meet the proposed rule of needing to be factual to be a member). It actually would bring more wikis to NIWA than be elitist (which would be having the high-standard membership thing you believe in basically is).

(Credit to Edofenrir for making it.)

Offline Nathan

• Metroid Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2010, 06:11:28 AM »
they did originally, but the site had errors, and they decided to stay at wikia without even letting me fix it

So? Errors happen. I am sure the zi fanbase isn't happy right now ( http://www.zeldainformer.com ) that the site is down due to errors int eh upgrade and would prefer we go back to the older version to have the site online, but despite the b****ing they may have, when we DO return they will be VERY happy and surprised. Sometimes, the users like to act rash, thats why they are the users, not the people running the site.

Also in reply to Super Mario guy:

The entire concept of the NIWA was to support, fully, independent Nintendo wiki's. Not partially, not your this, then a member: The idea was to support them period. While affiliation does that, member does it more, and thats the flaw in the logic. The only agreements made when NIWA came into existence is this:

- NIWA exists to support, equally, independent nintendo wiki's
- One wiki per franchise
- Everyone's equal

Thats about it. Affiliates are not equal to Members, hence to me, the logic is flawed. We either FULLY support eachother, affiliates sounds like partial support. If a time arises when say, there is an independent wiki that is better then whatever x wiki we have, we can worry about it then and sort out of the current wiki is truly trying. On top of that, it IS elitist. According to the current standards being set in place, the only wiki's that qualify for member are the 3 founders - that does seem right to me. Sorry.

The only purpose for affiliate status should be for wiki's who wish to support the NIWA but are NOT Nintendo wiki's. you know, like a sonic wiki, ratchet and clank, etc - where they are litterally not Nintendo wiki's, but wish to be affiliated. Sort of like how a Fan site about Zelda can be affiliated with one about Final Fantasy, but that doesn't mean they get to join Stone Watchers. They are just supporting the overall site/network.

In that regard, affiliate sites make sense. For things like independent Nintendo Wiki's? Thats the idea of our existence, why would we make them a lesser status then members? And who said Nintendo wiki's HAD to be factual? They are independent, they may function exactly how they deem best. We don't determine the content of wiki's, we just show support for them. NIWA is a support network, not a disclusion network. Were suppose to be inclusive, and Fantendo fit the mold perfectly. It was a fan fiction wiki based on Nintendo stuff - what was wrong with that? It's not like there would 7 different fan fiction wiki's, it would be THE fan ficiton wiki we supported.

I digress, it's pointless. We don't agree. Not much more to say.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 06:19:56 AM by Nathan »

Offline Level 3

• F-Zero Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2010, 12:18:16 AM »
I sort of agree with Nathan in that it would make more sense to reserve affiliate spots for wikis that aren't strictly nintendo, but slightly limit them to wikis that represent series or characters that have appeared on Nintendo consoles (like Sonic and Metal Gear, or even companies, like rarewitchproject)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 12:25:39 AM by Level 3 »

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2010, 08:36:43 PM »
are there any franchises of nintendo's that needs a independent wiki, but is currently lacking?

Offline Remino52

• PRISM STARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2010, 09:03:11 PM »
are there any franchises of nintendo's that needs a independent wiki, but is currently lacking?

From what I investigated, Advance/Nintendo Wars and Custom Robo only have Wikias. So they would be something to look into.

Look for Big Red on the Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst Private Servers.

Proud supporter of NIWA Wikis!

Offline Level 3

• F-Zero Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2010, 10:21:00 PM »
Pretty much any franchise apart from Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, Kirby and Metroid I believe.

Offline Axiomist

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
    • WiKirby
« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2010, 10:41:58 PM »

From what I investigated, Advance/Nintendo Wars and Custom Robo only have Wikias. So they would be something to look into.
http://warswiki.warscentral.com/index.php?title=Main_Page