Author Topic: What are you reading now?  (Read 20002 times)

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What are you reading now?
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2011, 03:55:02 AM »
Just read the short story A Subway Named Möbius.

Offline Mari-Illustrious-Makinami

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2011, 06:13:08 AM »
I read some manga.

What?

It's reading. >:C

Offline Sun Braid

• Aka Solar Plexus (to sound all creative and fuzzy)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2011, 03:25:54 PM »
I read way too little fictional stuff, I mainly read because of school-related studies if anything. Though one of my friends has recommended me to read a book called "Kafka on the Shore", which seems pretty neat from what I've heard.

Manga is something which I read from time to time though (right with ya Aiko). Mainly Nintendo-related stuff (which I wouldn't say is too unpredictable considering joining NIWA and all) which right now mainly consist of Zelda manga books, as those actually were locatable in stores. I've also taken the time to buy some japanese Zelda manga through the webs. And I must say, major lulziness at Link, as he's pure muscles in the ones I bought (at least from what I can visually judge from). Though they're overall comfy and I will hopefully be able to read them once my japanese increases a little.  :D

Offline Member#36

• Striving For A Perfect NIWA Unit
  • Retired Staff
  • Kirby, My Favorite Flavor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2011, 08:22:53 PM »
The curious incident of the dog at the night time  ...Supposed to be for more mature readers... or something, given the subject matter... or something. :l
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 08:26:59 PM by Member#36 »

Offline Torchickens

• StarfyWiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2011, 08:38:26 PM »
"The curious incident of the dog at the night time."  ...Supposed to be for more mature readers... or something given the subject matter... or something. :l

Do you mean "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" by Mark Hudden, I've read that. It's an interesting book about a boy with a behavioural problem, but with great skills in logic, mathematics and physics, (probably HFA or savant syndrome). 'Mature' is ambiguous, so don't let that put you off, there is some profanity IIRC but its quite mild.
Hello. I identify as female. She/her pronouns please. :)

(credits to Moydow)

I spend a lot of my time making videos about Pokémon glitches on my Youtube channel ChickasaurusGL.

I'm the editor in chief of Starfy Wiki. Let me know or Tappy know of any bugs or other concerns. :)

Discord: Torchickens #3213
Twitter: Torchickens
Email: [email protected]

Offline Member#36

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2011, 08:42:44 PM »
"The curious incident of the dog at the night time."  ...Supposed to be for more mature readers... or something given the subject matter... or something. :l

Do you mean "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" by Mark Hudden, I've read that. It's an interesting book about a boy with a behavioural problem, but with great skills in logic, mathematics and physics, (probably HFA or savant syndrome). 'Mature' is ambiguous, so don't let that put you off, there is some profanity IIRC but its quite mild.

It's all in lowercase on the cover.  I said that it's mature because my teacher wanted a parent signature to approve it.  I've read The Adventures Of Huckleberry Finn, so it's not like I can't handle stuff... I'm 17. :l
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 08:48:10 PM by Member#36 »

Offline Torchickens

• StarfyWiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2011, 08:48:58 PM »
Yeah I don' t like the word 'mature', its insulting TBH and implies that we can't think for ourselves. A little bureaucratic for a book.  :-\ (the way the teacher got everyone's parents to sign it)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 09:05:20 PM by Torchickens »

(credits to Moydow)

I spend a lot of my time making videos about Pokémon glitches on my Youtube channel ChickasaurusGL.

I'm the editor in chief of Starfy Wiki. Let me know or Tappy know of any bugs or other concerns. :)

Offline Member#36

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2011, 08:53:23 PM »
TBH (see what I did there? :P) I haven't even read it yet.  My teacher called it mature, not me.  I said that it's supposed to be, there's a difference.

Offline Torchickens

• StarfyWiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2011, 09:05:32 PM »
TBH (see what I did there? :P) I haven't even read it yet.  My teacher called it mature, not me.  I said that it's supposed to be, there's a difference.

Yeah. I was never suggesting that you did, sorry if you took that the wrong way.

(credits to Moydow)

Offline Member#36

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2011, 09:11:15 PM »

Yeah. I was never suggesting that you did, sorry if you took that the wrong way.

It's all good.  *Back to topic.*

Offline Mari-Illustrious-Makinami

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2011, 04:46:09 AM »
I like books. :U

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile