Author Topic: New Members Thread  (Read 98240 times)

Offline Tucayo

• Super Mario Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • MarioWiki's Shroom
Re: New Members Thread
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2010, 05:52:51 PM »
Welcome! Yes, you will be added as staff when DK WIki is added :)

Offline HavocReaper48

• The Falcon Punch Master
  • Donkey Kong Wiki Staff
  • Orly?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2010, 01:26:24 AM »
I'm with Mega, I'm also from the DKWiki. Yeah, when we join we'll need that access.

As for myself, I am HavocReaper48 (why I put "User:" before that registering here I do not know  :-\ , name change requested?) and I have been an editor on Wikia for several months. My first wiki I ever joined/registered on was SmashWiki.

I, being an absolute DKC fanatic, helped rise up the Donkey Kong Wikia shortly after seeing Wikia's large network. Articles were short and aspects un-updated. It shortly became my main wiki right after SW. Things went well, I had also associated myself with the Ace Combat and Street Fighter Wikias in my time, becoming an admin on both as well as becoming the lead editor of the DKWikia.

True, some drama (read: level articles, admin rights, edit wars...) came up every now and then. True, some articles were copied right off MW (desperate early community, much before I joined). And yeah, it took several months for an established community to finally form. I stuck through thick and thin. Until, the dreaded day, the new skin came,  and this time, I was without any power to stop it...

...I'm assuming you all know the story from there. I look forward to being an active part of NIWA.  The DKWiki/a does NOT encourage article copying from MW from this point. Don't do it. Really. I've purposely gone out of my way to differ from MarioWiki as much as possible.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 01:45:30 AM by User:HavocReaper48 »

Offline BrandedOne

• Fire Emblem Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2010, 06:09:28 AM »
Hey everybody,

I'm BrandedOne and I'm kind of a newbie to all of this.  However, I've been watching NIWA grow since it's creation and I'm excited to see it continue to grow into what I'm sure will be my #1 resource for all Nintendo knowledge.  I'm a fan of anything that has Nintendo's name on it, but my favorite series has to be the Fire Emblem Series (which is where my username comes from).  I hardly know anything about how to run a wiki, so I don't think I'll be doing much of that, but I'll be happy to contribute when I can where I can.  I've noticed that the members of this particular community are very supportive of each other and their work, which is something I don't see often enough on the Internet, and I'd like to become involved in any way I can.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2010, 06:19:40 AM »
Welcome to NIWA, BrandedOne. You may not know who to run a wiki, but do you know how to contribute to one?

If so, then I recommend checking out an Affialite of ours called the "Fire Emblem Wiki". It would be a great place for you to start, since you are a big fan of the series.

If not, Join anyway. It would be an excellent training ground for you.

Also, Welcome to everyone else who hasn't been welcomed yet.

Offline BrandedOne

• Fire Emblem Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2010, 04:31:36 PM »
Yeah, right now I really don't know much, but I think I've found my stomping ground.   ;D

I'm sure I'll have questions about how to set up pages, templates, and such, but I might be able to figure that out from examples already in existence.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2010, 04:57:37 PM »
Yeah, right now I really don't know much, but I think I've found my stomping ground.   ;D

I'm sure I'll have questions about how to set up pages, templates, and such, but I might be able to figure that out from examples already in existence.

Sounds good. And by chance, do you have a skype?

Offline BrandedOne

• Fire Emblem Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2010, 05:19:51 PM »
That I do.  Just sent you a request.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2010, 05:35:19 PM »
That I do.  Just sent you a request.

Sweet!

Offline Solar Dragon

• Solor Extraho
    • View Profile
    • Wikisimpsons
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2010, 07:33:11 AM »
Hi all,
I am Solar Dragon. I am currently a member of SmashWiki and Bulbapedia. I used to have rollback rights at SmashWiki before I decided to leave, this was when it was on Wikia.

I am a member of the Anti-Wikia Alliance and I support all wikis moving from Wikia. I would also hope that one day, Wikia will go bankrupt and fall.

I am pleased that wikis like Pikmin and SmashWiki decided to leave Wikia. Wikia is definitely one of the worst farms in control the founder has over the wiki. At least ShoutWiki allows the founder to change bureaucrat and bot rights at will.

I still occasionally edit SmashWiki and may become a more prominent member in the future again.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2010, 08:33:54 AM »
Welcome to NIWA Solar Dragon.

Offline TurtwigA

• Wiki editor
  • Why must the space not come?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2010, 12:57:02 PM »
Hi all,
I am Solar Dragon. I am currently a member of SmashWiki and Bulbapedia. I used to have rollback rights at SmashWiki before I decided to leave, this was when it was on Wikia.

I am a member of the Anti-Wikia Alliance and I support all wikis moving from Wikia. I would also hope that one day, Wikia will go bankrupt and fall.

I am pleased that wikis like Pikmin and SmashWiki decided to leave Wikia. Wikia is definitely one of the worst farms in control the founder has over the wiki. At least ShoutWiki allows the founder to change bureaucrat and bot rights at will.

I still occasionally edit SmashWiki and may become a more prominent member in the future again.
Hi Solar Dragon. I think I've seen you editing around Bulbapedia.

Please give me internets! So much less bulkier than those eggs.
tg.wikkii.com-My Touch! Generations Wiki
chibirobo.wikkii.com My Chibi-Robo! Wiki

Help spread the word about the word smorent! Definition: [smohrent] adj. fluffy. In a sentence: that bear is very smorent.

Offline GrandPyromania

• View Profile
    • My Youtube!
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2010, 05:08:13 PM »
Hey everybody!

I'm GrandPyromania, I'm an LPer, just like Chuggaaconroy. I came here initially, because of my friends Chuggaaconroy, and Cody from ZU. I'm sorta here, just to partake in discussion, and to support NIWA. I have high respects for NIWA, and the Wikis involved in it. Often, for my LPs, you guys are my primary source of information. Keep up the great work!

Offline Moydow

• NIWA Coordinator
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Fire Emblem Wiki
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2010, 05:12:13 PM »
Sweet! Welcome to the NIWA forums. And don't worry, we intend to keep going for a long time to come! ;)
NIWA Coordinator

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2010, 08:51:22 PM »
welcome everyone, always good to see more activity here

Offline lu-igi board

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2010, 06:41:46 PM »
I'm new! I'm Lu-igi board. I'm 17 and English. that sums me up! ps. is the next wiki to join going to be animal crossing? someone must know...

Offline Moydow

• NIWA Coordinator
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Fire Emblem Wiki
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2010, 08:18:22 PM »
Welcome to the forums! I know who the new wiki is, but I can't tell :P I'm afraid you'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out!
NIWA Coordinator

Offline Malake256

• Metroid Wiki Staff
  • It actually glows...
    • View Profile
    • Metroid Wiki Admin
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2010, 04:13:41 AM »
Welcome to the forums! I know who the new wiki is, but I can't tell :P I'm afraid you'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out!

You wanna know a secret? All admins from all wikis know :D they always know what the knew wiki is. Good luck looking for leaked info on the next one though ;) oh hey this is leaked info cuz the hub doesn't have it yet! Haha jk, there's always a "next one" :p
My Weavile Brick Breaks Blisseys :)

Offline Alex

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2010, 02:04:51 PM »
What's up peoplez?
I've been meaning to join this forum for ages, but I only did when I found out which wiki is joining on November the 30th.
So...hi.

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2010, 02:06:16 PM »
Welcome, just to let you know we have a new members thread

http://www.niwanetwork.org/forums/index.php?topic=254.0

Offline Alex

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2010, 02:08:43 PM »