Author Topic: New Alliance Requests  (Read 99019 times)

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
Re: New Alliance Requests
« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2010, 05:35:22 PM »
So sadly, Harvest Moon really can't join. :(

Yes they can. Who cares if they're nintendo or not? They're nintendo enough lol. See strategy wiki joined. Nintendo-ness is something we really need to work on. We have decided that eventually there will be some foundation with grounds to add any independent wiki. But not now..

I am still of the opinion each wiki should join an IWA that is based around the company principly responsible for them. If we allow any wiki in, we risk becoming too big and bureaucratic.

Edit: I just realized i could of said that better. This is what i meant:
I think each wiki should join an IWA that mostly closely related to it. This way, if you want something Square Enix, you go to the Square Enix Portal; You want something Rare(ware), you go to the Rare IWA; and so on. It's a marketing strategy more than anything.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 06:13:46 PM by tacopill »

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2010, 09:20:11 PM »
So sadly, Harvest Moon really can't join. :(

Yes they can. Who cares if they're nintendo or not? They're nintendo enough lol. See strategy wiki joined. Nintendo-ness is something we really need to work on. We have decided that eventually there will be some foundation with grounds to add any independent wiki. But not now..

I am still of the opinion each wiki should join an IWA that is based around the company principly responsible for them. If we allow any wiki in, we risk becoming too big and bureaucratic.

Edit: I just realized i could of said that better. This is what i meant:
I think each wiki should join an IWA that mostly closely related to it. This way, if you want something Square Enix, you go to the Square Enix Portal; You want something Rare(ware), you go to the Rare IWA; and so on. It's a marketing strategy more than anything.

I behind this idea 100%
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 01:41:09 AM by Lord Ferrok »

Offline Koroku

• Golden Sun Universe Staff
  • Wikimoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 25, 2010, 12:09:09 AM »
If this is the case, then maybe we should approach one of the Harvest Moon wikis! :D

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 25, 2010, 12:29:41 AM »
According to Wikipedia, Victor Interactive Software originally produced Harvest Moon, but Marvelous Entertainment Inc. acquired it in 2003 when they bought out VIS.

Marvelous Entertainment is also in charge of No More Heroes.

If this is the case, then maybe we should approach one of the Harvest Moon wikis! :D

I don't think NIWA is ready to accept a wiki centered on a third-party franchise. However, they could still have a presence on the forums like Wikimon does.

Offline Jake

• Nookipedia Staff
  • Nookipedia Director / Server Admin
    • View Profile
    • Nookipedia
« Reply #104 on: November 25, 2010, 01:48:08 AM »
Affiliation with them is very possible, considering that affiliates don't need to be a Nintendo franchise or even a wiki. We could also set up interwiki linking if any aspects are shared between our games and Harvest Moon.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #105 on: November 25, 2010, 04:39:41 AM »
Affiliation with them is very possible, considering that affiliates don't need to be a Nintendo franchise or even a wiki. We could also set up interwiki linking if any aspects are shared between our games and Harvest Moon.

that sounds cool

Offline R7308xx

• The poison in your drink... whoops.
  • New and, unfortunately, improved.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2010, 05:21:17 PM »
I can't find a Magical Starsign wiki anywhere. It's one of the least noticed Nintendo series out there.
I blame the economy.

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2010, 05:25:37 PM »
There are two on Wikia. This one is basically empty. This one only has forty-four articles, but some of their articles are very detailed and well-developed.

Offline R7308xx

• The poison in your drink... whoops.
  • New and, unfortunately, improved.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 25, 2010, 05:39:30 PM »
There are two on Wikia. This one is basically empty. This one only has forty-four articles, but some of their articles are very detailed and well-developed.
Maybe we could help the second one and try to make it independent. I barely even have a clue about what Magical Starsign is about, so count me out.
I blame the economy.

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 25, 2010, 05:46:32 PM »
Unless anyone has played the games and likes them, it's probably not worth the trouble. It would be like starting a wiki from scratch as far as work goes. If I'm not mistaken, Magical Starsign is an RPG game, and RPG games have so much content to cover.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #110 on: November 25, 2010, 06:15:21 PM »
how would it be liking starting a new wiki? if they have some very developed articles, and they're a "nintendo franchise", then we i say we at least try.

Offline HavocReaper48

• The Falcon Punch Master
  • Donkey Kong Wiki Staff
  • Orly?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2010, 01:00:36 AM »
http://kidicarus.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:SiegfreidZ#NIWA

There's all of the community right there in census... wiki seriously needs a bigger community and I hope NIWA can help it.

Offline TurtwigA

• Wiki editor
  • Why must the space not come?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2010, 01:08:49 AM »

There's all of the community right there in census... wiki seriously needs a bigger community and I hope NIWA can help it.

I don't know, there is Palutenapedia in the works and it has more articles. Though a merge between the two could bring some more of a community.

Please give me internets! So much less bulkier than those eggs.
tg.wikkii.com-My Touch! Generations Wiki
chibirobo.wikkii.com My Chibi-Robo! Wiki

Help spread the word about the word smorent! Definition: [smohrent] adj. fluffy. In a sentence: that bear is very smorent.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #113 on: November 29, 2010, 03:56:03 AM »

I don't know, there is Palutenapedia in the works and it has more articles. Though a merge between the two could bring some more of a community.

I'd support a merge as well.

Offline Maxite

• Icaruspedia Staff
  • Otaku Nut
    • View Profile
    • OtakuDeus
« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2010, 02:15:13 AM »
At some point, it needs to be considered that there might be "misfits" who don't fit in perfectly with the rest. Harvest Moon is a perfect example, as it doesn't perfectly fit into NIWA since it does have some games (and even ports) onto other consoles. A Marvelous Entertainment Independent Wiki Association would be clumsy at best since MMV makes games for all sorts of consoles and many of their games are one-offs or related to anime or manga series. The main (and best) connection that Harvest Moon has is that it has primarily been on Nintendo consoles.
I think that NIWA should be capable of adopting series that are orphaned (have no real IWA that they could ideally belong to) if a decent Nintendo connection can be established. I'm sure that there are other series besides the Harvest Moon/Rune Factory franchise that are in a similar tight spot.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2010, 05:22:44 AM »
At some point, it needs to be considered that there might be "misfits" who don't fit in perfectly with the rest. Harvest Moon is a perfect example, as it doesn't perfectly fit into NIWA since it does have some games (and even ports) onto other consoles. A Marvelous Entertainment Independent Wiki Association would be clumsy at best since MMV makes games for all sorts of consoles and many of their games are one-offs or related to anime or manga series. The main (and best) connection that Harvest Moon has is that it has primarily been on Nintendo consoles.
I think that NIWA should be capable of adopting series that are orphaned (have no real IWA that they could ideally belong to) if a decent Nintendo connection can be established. I'm sure that there are other series besides the Harvest Moon/Rune Factory franchise that are in a similar tight spot.

Yes, if there is no better IWA out there, then i am sure they could join. I'd rather be inclusive then exclusive.

But keep in mind, i don't think we ever said an IWA is strictly video game wikis.

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 10, 2010, 07:48:43 PM »
where will series like Clu Clu Land go? Way to small to make it's own wiki, not not mention no where enough content.

Offline Archaic

• Bulbagarden Webmaster
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bulbagarden
« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2010, 08:04:33 PM »
On the N-Wiki (http://www.niwanetwork.org/wiki) that's just launched to the public today, that's where. ;)

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 10, 2010, 08:05:49 PM »
On the N-Wiki (http://www.niwanetwork.org/wiki) that's just launched to the public today, that's where. ;)

That's what I thought, same with other small one game series like Duck Hunt, Drill Dozer, etc?

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2010, 08:23:05 PM »

That's what I thought, same with other small one game series like Duck Hunt, Drill Dozer, etc?

Indeed.