Author Topic: New Alliance Requests  (Read 93508 times)

Offline Axiomist

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
    • WiKirby
New Alliance Requests
« on: July 08, 2010, 12:38:22 AM »
The previous Alliance Request thread has served its purpose, but as a casualty of our hasty setup became unmanageably messy.  Also many of the options we have now didn't exist then. We can now add Affiliates which can be any manner of site that supports NIWA or its member wikis.

Consider all previous requests void! We're starting over with new options. We realize NIWA is still young and may change later, but affiliating can be the absolute first step for a candidate wiki to join as a full NIWA wiki. When suggesting a site consider whether they would fit as:
  • Affiliates: Wikis and forums supportive of NIWA and/or its members.
  • Membership Requests: If the wiki seems ready to stand shoulder to shoulder with the rest, let us know that the submission is a membership request. The staff will need to host a private discussion, but the first step should be a new thread on the site.
  • New Wiki Startups: Be clear if your submission is a new wiki intended for NIWA membership. Although we can't build your wiki for you, we can offer guidance, connections, and a place to discussion its potential.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
Re: New Alliance Requests
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 07:16:15 PM »
some wiki's that are starting up. They are currently looking for members and contributions:

Lylat Wiki:
Wiki Link and Forum Post

PK Wiki:
Wiki Link and Forum Post

Ace attorney Wiki:
Wiki Link and Forum Post

Offline Tucayo

• Super Mario Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • MarioWiki's Shroom
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 08:32:34 PM »
Thanks for posting that, tacopill!

Offline Axiomist

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
    • WiKirby
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 08:38:12 PM »
Yes, and to be fair to them, so there's no rejections yet, I'm going to encourage the view that these aren't yet membership requests. I want people to see it as some new wikis that should be members someday- and get to helping them!

So far, the strongest one is the Animal Crossing Wiki. I have the link but I haven't heard if they are prepped for a semi-public soft launch. I've been busy, they've been busy, so we haven't communicated.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 10:00:03 PM »
Thanks for posting that, tacopill!

You are welcome.

Yes, and to be fair to them, so there's no rejections yet, I'm going to encourage the view that these aren't yet membership requests. I want people to see it as some new wikis that should be members someday- and get to helping them!

So far, the strongest one is the Animal Crossing Wiki. I have the link but I haven't heard if they are prepped for a semi-public soft launch. I've been busy, they've been busy, so we haven't communicated.

Oooops, i forgot about the Animal Crossing Wiki.....

come to think of it, what other series need to be started up?

----------Random Divider ----------
Ace attorney - Ace attorney Wiki
Wiki Link and Forum Post

Brain Age

Custom Robo

Earthbound/Mother - PK Wiki
Wiki Link and Forum Post

F-Zero

Fire Emblem

Game & Watch

Golden Sun

Kid Icuris

The Legendary Starfy

Pikmin
I found a "pikmin wiki"...of-sorts...hosted at the same place Ace Attorney Wiki is. It has one article, the Main page,...but it exists. Here

Puzzle League

Punch Out

Star Fox - Lylat Wiki
Wiki Link and Forum Post

Touch! Generations
covered by GameHiker.

---------- Please quote this, and fill in the gaps. ----------

Above is the franchises that are on wikipedia's Category:Nintendo franchises, similar to the list i posted on the previous thread. However, this time around i am looking for a catalog-of-sorts, where we can list places for people to visit the wiki and the forum thread where people can talk about it. (i also threw on the franchises i listed earlier, as examples).

Offline Axiomist

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
    • WiKirby
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 10:23:41 PM »
I think GameHiker covers everything. So I'd default to them for everything. People should still be encourage to create fan wikis which would have more coverage of a series tho.

Offline Moydow

• NIWA Coordinator
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Fire Emblem Wiki
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 10:27:51 PM »
I'd love to make a wiki. Out of those listed, I'd prefer F-Zero, since I know more about that than the others. The problem is, I don't have the computer to do it with. Ever tried building a wiki on Vista Basic?
NIWA Coordinator

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 10:41:11 PM »
I'd love to make a wiki. Out of those listed, I'd prefer F-Zero, since I know more about that than the others. The problem is, I don't have the computer to do it with. Ever tried building a wiki on Vista Basic?

Nope, i haven't tried. I rent webspace, as i don't have the money for a business-class connection with my ISP.....plus i don't have server-running experience.....and other reasons.

Offline Archaic

• Bulbagarden Webmaster
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bulbagarden
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 12:29:32 AM »
While in the long term, NIWA may be able to arrange hosting solutions for its smaller members, wikis that are trying for NIWA membership really need to show that they can stand on their own two feet first. Ideally, people starting up these wikis should be the existing communities around these franchises, rather than people who haven't run a wiki or large fansite before.

Offline Moydow

• NIWA Coordinator
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Fire Emblem Wiki
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 12:39:51 AM »
I agree fully with that. If there isn't a strong fanbase for a franchise, the wiki more than likely won't draw in visitors, and will fail.
NIWA Coordinator

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 01:04:03 AM »
works for me.

Offline Turboo

• Super Mario Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 01:46:43 AM »
Pikmin
I found a "pikmin wiki"...of-sorts...hosted at the same place Ace Attorney Wiki is. It has one article, the Main page,...but it exists. Here
This was actually a test made by me and the other admins at the site which we planned to change back to what it was before (a Banjo-Kazooie wiki) after we were done testing it, though I do have plans for a real Pikmin wiki.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 04:37:53 AM »
Pikmin
This was actually a test made by me and the other admins at the site which we planned to change back to what it was before (a Banjo-Kazooie wiki) after we were done testing it, though I do have plans for a real Pikmin wiki.

Ok, sounds good. How long do you think it will take until these plans come through?

Offline Yusei

• View Profile
    • Zelda Temple
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 02:59:29 PM »
*sighs* Sorry if I'm being nooby but I'm not used to here.

I have a Wiki up that I made for the NIWA that I'm slowly working on but I need some help on it considering me and a few people on Zelda Temple are working on it.

http://fireemblemwiki.zelda-temple.net/Main_Page

http://fireemblemwiki.zelda-temple.net/Category:Classes As you can see we'll easily have a lot of articles in no time... Once we work on it a bit.

I don't have the money for a domain name so I'll ask someone later. The wiki just started up so I'm looking for affiliaitions. =\

And sorry if I posted it in the wrong section. >_<; Like I said I'm new.

Offline Seritinajii

• Paradichlorobenzene
  • Fire Emblem Wiki Staff
  • Grammar is important!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2010, 04:30:41 PM »
Coool, a Fire Emblem Wiki! I have three games (actually four, but I haven't played one significantly) so I'll be able to help. :D

Specifically, I'm experienced in the Sacred Stones, which, by no coincidence, is the easiest. (it's the only one I've beaten.)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 04:36:43 PM by Seritinajii »

Offline Yusei

• View Profile
    • Zelda Temple
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2010, 04:59:32 PM »
I've played FE6 - Sword of Seals (English Patch), FE7 - Blazing Sword, FE8 - Sacred Stones (<3 Joshua), and FE9- Path of Radiance (<3 Soren). So XD. I need to replay some of them.

Offline Axiomist

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
    • WiKirby
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2010, 04:35:00 AM »
You are now affiliated with WiKirby! I gotta sleep and work tomorrow, then go to my lil sis's bday dinner, but feel free to pressure someone/anyone/everyone at WiKirby to get you a mainpage announcement.

Offline Yusei

• View Profile
    • Zelda Temple
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2010, 08:06:06 PM »
Could use some more help. I've worked on two different games using their English names instead of Japanese ones.

http://fireemblemwiki.zelda-temple.net/Fire_Emblem:_New_Mystery_of_the_Emblem,_Heroes_of_Light_and_Shadow

http://fireemblemwiki.zelda-temple.net/Fire_Emblem:_Sword_of_Seals

Yeah...

Offline Moydow

• NIWA Coordinator
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Fire Emblem Wiki
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2010, 08:35:23 PM »
You are now affiliated with WiKirby! I gotta sleep and work tomorrow, then go to my lil sis's bday dinner, but feel free to pressure someone/anyone/everyone at WiKirby to get you a mainpage announcement.
Done :D
NIWA Coordinator

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2010, 08:36:52 PM »
i'd like to help, but the only time I've done anything with fire emblem if smash bros.

Anything specific you need help on? templates? files?