NIWA Community > NIWA Discussion

Leader

(1/16) > >>

Justin:
Guys, it has become painfully obvious that we are stuck. None of us can ever agree on anything, we're at a deadlock in most of our discussions, and we're stagnated on so many things.
This is why we need a leader. We need someone to say "This is what's going on, let's do this." If we do not choose someone to make final decisions when we're deadlocked, we're never going to get anywhere.

I elect Xizor for this task, as he has experience as a webmaster of LegendofZelda.com and is pretty good at resolving discussions. He's always one of the first to call us out when something goes wrong, as well. So far, I've seen exceptional decision making on his part, and I feel that having him in this position would benefit us.

Now, this is not a leader to enforce any policy upon the member wikis. It is only a leader in organizing the NIWA itself. Also, Xizor will not become "Supreme overlord" and take 100% control of NIWA. We, the wiki staff, will still be in charge equally. However, should something come up where we're stuck and unable to reach a compromise, he'll be there to have a final say and close the discussion.

This arose as part of a Skype discussion on leadership (yes, I know, Skype = bad and whatnot, but I have the whole conversation logs for anyone who wants to see.)

Also, if you think you know someone better suited for this role than Xizor, please name then and list the reasons why.

By the way, Xizor will not start doing EVERYTHING like FTP and graphic design. He will simply have the power to close discussions, as mentioned above.

What are your thoughts?

Xizor:
I'm posting just to quickly say that I am willing to do this if it's asked of me. I know I am capable, and I have experience both offline and online. Know that this was not initially an idea sparked by me, and it's not an attempt to grab any power. I'm willing to help if it's wanted.

It's also very VERY important that everybody is honest. I will not take anything personally, so if you have something to say, please don't hold back. If you have a question for me, I will answer as quickly and honestly as I can.

Otherwise, I think it proper for me to take a bit of a back seat in this discussion.

RAP:
Let's try out new things! Isn't what NIWA is all out? Grow and adapt. Let's just lead where it is.

Melchizedek:
Well, I've known Xizor for a couple of years now, and I think he's very trustable and respectable for the position. NIWA needs someone who's neutral but also has the direction and vision to take NIWA to where it should go. The reform discussions he sparked months ago show that he knows the direction NIWA should be taken.

A "project manager" type role is needed to coordinate everyone, motivate everyone and make sure decisions are made and stuff gets done. Xizor has proven himself more than capable through working at Zelda Wiki.org and Legend of Zelda.com.

So, yeah, I support the idea for a leader and Xizor suits the job perfectly.

Mandi:
Aye. I have no problems. I think Xizor has definitely proven himself through ZW and LoZ.com. Pretty much to echo what everyone else said above. I think he's, overall, a good choice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version