Poll

If the Mother series released another game, what would you want it to be?

EarthBound (VC)
1 (20%)
Mother 3 (English)
2 (40%)
Mother 1+2+3
1 (20%)
Mother 4
1 (20%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Mother 3 on 3DS  (Read 15772 times)

Offline R7308xx

• The poison in your drink... whoops.
  • New and, unfortunately, improved.
    • View Profile
Mother 3 on 3DS
« on: October 10, 2010, 03:33:13 PM »
We've been waiting about 2 or 3 years for Earthbound to be on Wii's Virtual Console, but it's never happened. Now we get the news that there's a new system, and it has its own handheld Virtual Console. This system is the 3DS, and its Virtual Console plays Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advnce games. Does anyone think Earthbound's sequel, Mother 3/Eartbound 2 will finally get a translation on the 3DS? ???
I blame the economy.

Offline Moydow

• NIWA Coordinator
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Fire Emblem Wiki
Re: Mother 3 on 3DS
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 03:58:33 PM »
I hope so. None of the three Mother games ever reached us here in Europe, so hopefully they finally do with the 3DS.
NIWA Coordinator

Offline Tina

• WikiBound Staff
    • View Profile
    • WikiBound
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 04:00:09 PM »
I'm actually kinda expecting SOMETHING Mother-related on the 3DS, especially with that virtual console addition and all (even if it was just Mother 1+2 and 3 on there and not a 'real' remake)... I try not to excite myself too much, though. D8

I'm not getting my hopes up, but if they were to do a more 'remade' version of Mother 3 on the 3DS, I would probably explode into a bunch of sparkles. It'd probably get kind of shafted like M1+2 did where it would be Japan-only, but I dunno, maybe they would try and localize it (since M2 had legal problems and all)...
WikiBound Editor-in-Chief

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 04:08:59 PM »
excellent.

and nice sig, Tina.

Offline Gamefreak75

• Super Mario Wiki Staff
  • Mario Wiki and Pikmin Fanon Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 06:40:26 PM »
Actually, the reason Nintendo never released EarthBound on the VC was due to copyright claims for music and other stuff, possibly sexual references as Nintendo likes to slip those in the mother games.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but if they were to do a more 'remade' version of Mother 3 on the 3DS, I would probably explode into a bunch of sparkles. It'd probably get kind of shafted like M1+2 did where it would be Japan-only, but I dunno, maybe they would try and localize it (since M2 had legal problems and all)...
Per.

Offline Tina

• WikiBound Staff
    • View Profile
    • WikiBound
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 08:09:15 PM »
...Now I have to wonder. How would NoA handle the Magypsies in Mother 3? D:/

Dunno if they would call magical flaming transsexuals kid-friendly or not...

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 10:31:35 PM »
Actually, the reason Nintendo never released EarthBound on the VC was due to copyright claims for music and other stuff
isn't that just a unproven rumor?

Offline Gamefreak75

• Super Mario Wiki Staff
  • Mario Wiki and Pikmin Fanon Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 11:41:21 PM »
Actually, the reason Nintendo never released EarthBound on the VC was due to copyright claims for music and other stuff
Not sure, but the most famous one I heard was the Retro Hippie one vs. Johnny B. Goode

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 12:12:09 AM »
Not sure, but the most famous one I heard was the Retro Hippie one vs. Johnny B. Goode

K.K. Slider had a song like that too

Offline R7308xx

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 03:35:49 AM »
It really sucks that EB wasn't released on the VConsole. Nintendo would only make it fair if ^ happened.
I blame the economy.

Offline R7308xx

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 03:17:06 AM »
I just realized something [obvious]!:

If Earthbound is released on VC, the chances of Mother 3 being translated will go from 0.0001% to about >5%! :o

I also am going to add a poll, if you want to see what it's about look at it, if you're too lazy you can live the rest of your life not knowig. -
I blame the economy.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 03:20:36 AM »
to this thread?

Offline Tina

• WikiBound Staff
    • View Profile
    • WikiBound
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2010, 03:26:03 AM »
I actually think that M3 getting translated has nothing to do with EB getting on the VC... EB on the VC is pretty much a "lol, never" kind of situation. But Mother 3... I dunno. I remember Brownie Brown saying something about if they remade M3 sometime, that they would try to get it localized in the US.

I don't remember where they said something like that exactly, though. :(

Offline R7308xx

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2010, 03:29:32 AM »
to this thread?
Oh. Whoops, I guess that kinda doesn't fit the topic.  :P
I blame the economy.

Offline R7308xx

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2010, 03:35:52 AM »
I actually think that M3 getting translated has nothing to do with EB getting on the VC... EB on the VC is pretty much a "lol, never" kind of situation.
Earthbound being released on VC has EVERYTHING to do with Mother 3 being translated!!!!!!
I mean, seriously, if tons of people buy EBVC, then Nintendo will realize that Starmen.net aren't the only people who haven't had their memory of the Mother series totally Eraser Erased from their minds.

...Bad pun I made.
I blame the economy.

Offline Tina

• WikiBound Staff
    • View Profile
    • WikiBound
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 03:54:41 AM »
But it's also a good point to re-introduce the series, if they do go end up going through with Mother 3 being translated. I mean, really, Mother 3 has very little to do with the other two games in the series, if one looks at it from an outside point of view. There's Porky and Dr. Andonuts and some random other tiny references, but you don't really need to play EB to *get* it, unlike a lot of sequels.

Plus I always kinda felt that they didn't necessarily need to call it 'EarthBound 2' in the US. Maybe a title similar to EarthBound? ..Islandstuck? /shot

From what I've read, Nintendo just kind of wants to forget that EB existed, and with Mother 3 they could always kind of do a 'reset', I guess? I dunno. :V (I'm terrible at debating this kind of stuff, okay.)

Offline TurtwigA

• Wiki editor
  • Why must the space not come?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 01:55:21 AM »
I hope Nintendo puts the whole Mother series on the 3DS, in some sort Mother 1+2 way, and not just Mother 3. Except without the Japan-exclusivity. Of course, they could actually use the system to put a spin-off game to the series or a Super Smash Bros. game with Mother 3 as a Masterpiece. After all, from what I've heard, SSBB put EarthBound as a Masterpiece in Japan.

I really see the possibility of Mother 3 on the 3DS between EarthBound's Virtual Console in any region and Mother 4. Maybe they could add a multi-player mode to the series in the remake. Nows a good time as any to begin putting co-op modes and stuff like that in the game. I can only imagine a Mother game where you can create your own party...

Please give me internets! So much less bulkier than those eggs.
tg.wikkii.com-My Touch! Generations Wiki
chibirobo.wikkii.com My Chibi-Robo! Wiki

Help spread the word about the word smorent! Definition: [smohrent] adj. fluffy. In a sentence: that bear is very smorent.