Author Topic: Worst character  (Read 22371 times)

Offline Solar Dragon

• Solor Extraho
    • View Profile
    • Wikisimpsons
Re: Worst character
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2010, 11:54:56 AM »
Lucas and Ness just suck. I mean, the only way to recover is to shoot a ball of electricity up your bum!

I also suck with Pit. I hate him.

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2010, 01:56:32 PM »
Lucas and Ness just suck. I mean, the only way to recover is to shoot a ball of electricity up your bum!

I used to think the same way, but after you learn to control PK Thunder, it becomes more useful than many other recoveries. You can direct it in any direction, even toward an opponent if you want. Also, it launches Lucas/Ness pretty far compared to some other recoveries.

Offline Gamefreak75

• Super Mario Wiki Staff
  • Mario Wiki and Pikmin Fanon Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2010, 03:21:32 PM »
It's only like one of the best recoveries ever.

Offline TurtwigA

• Wiki editor
  • Why must the space not come?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2010, 03:50:35 PM »
Truth be told in that post. Besides, it's exceedingly powerful for an Up Special, dealing 25% on first blow.

Please give me internets! So much less bulkier than those eggs.
tg.wikkii.com-My Touch! Generations Wiki
chibirobo.wikkii.com My Chibi-Robo! Wiki

Help spread the word about the word smorent! Definition: [smohrent] adj. fluffy. In a sentence: that bear is very smorent.

Offline Solar Dragon

• Solor Extraho
    • View Profile
    • Wikisimpsons
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2010, 08:53:11 AM »
Truth be told in that post. Besides, it's exceedingly powerful for an Up Special, dealing 25% on first blow.

Well, I can't control it. That is the thing. Therefore, they are my worst characters. Each person differs with characters.

Offline Omega Tyrant

• SmashWiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2010, 01:26:10 PM »
For worst character for competitive play, it's basically unanimously agreed that Ganondorf is by far the worse character in Brawl. So many characters in the game destroy him, and he simply just cannot deal with projectiles. However, he's still one of my favorite characters regardless  ;D

For my least favorite though, which I believe this forum is about, it is Samus, who is my worst character as well. Her aerial game is horrible, her offensive capabilities are among the worst, and winning matches with her boil down to battles of attrition. I simply do not like her style at all, and it does not sync with me well.

Offline R7308xx

• The poison in your drink... whoops.
  • New and, unfortunately, improved.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2010, 05:17:52 PM »
Lucas and Ness just suck.

*even though post is old*

How could you?
I blame the economy.

Offline Solar Dragon

• Solor Extraho
    • View Profile
    • Wikisimpsons
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2010, 10:07:44 PM »
Lucas and Ness just suck.

*even though post is old*

How could you?

I just can't use them. I mean, two kids with magic powers! Sorry to all Earthbound/Mother fans out there, but I just can't use them. The only way to recover is a hard to master ball of thunder up the bum!

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2010, 02:23:29 PM »
sonic I just can't use him

Offline BrandedOne

• Fire Emblem Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2010, 03:18:40 PM »
Snake, not because he's a bad character, but because I refuse to play as him, which results in him being my worst character.

Offline Tucayo

• Super Mario Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • MarioWiki's Shroom
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2010, 06:43:44 PM »
His moves are good, when you actually know what they do, otherwise you won't do much harm

Offline Guy

• Bang your head to the rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2010, 07:30:18 AM »
For my least favorite though, which I believe this forum is about, it is Samus, who is my worst character as well. Her aerial game is horrible, her offensive capabilities are among the worst, and winning matches with her boil down to battles of attrition. I simply do not like her style at all, and it does not sync with me well.
The bolded part made me lul, though I otherwise agree with this assessment.

Half the cast in Melee sucks, and 90% of characters in SSB have several zero-to-death combos anyway, so I'll just stick to Brawl.  The only character I dislike using is Sonic, simply because you either need great mindgames or a Smash Ball to defeat a worthy adversary with him.

As for who I dislike playing against:  Dedede, Snake, and Olimar, in that order.  In the right hands, and without lag, they're pretty much impossible to approach with anyone below A-tier.

Of course, I also hate Meta Knight, but so does every other competitive player who doesn't main him.

Show me yo' moves: 4167-4173-4904

Offline Omega Tyrant

• SmashWiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2010, 07:35:29 AM »
The bolded part made me lul, though I otherwise agree with this assessment.

Half the cast in Melee sucks, and 90% of characters in SSB have several zero-to-death combos anyway, so I'll just stick to Brawl.  The only character I dislike using is Sonic, simply because you either need great mindgames or a Smash Ball to defeat a worthy adversary with him.

As for who I dislike playing against:  Dedede, Snake, and Olimar, in that order.  In the right hands, and without lag, they're pretty much impossible to approach with anyone below A-tier.

Of course, I also hate Meta Knight, but so does every other competitive player who doesn't main him.

Samus clearly has one of the worst aerial games in Brawl. Her aerial attacks are just awful. There's no luling about that. Nair is an extremely weak sex kick that will never KO under even 200%, and is just a quick, horizontal knockback producing hit with no follow up capability. Fair is a very poor multi-hitting aerial with poor reach that does low damage and barely any knockback (but it does have minor usefulness for defensive capabilities due to favorably placed, disjointed hitboxes with low start-up/ending/landing lag). Uair is like the fair, except upwards with even poorer reach (not to mention lacking the disjointed hitboxes of the fair), and less usefulness overall (it will never KO at realistic percentages nor does it have juggle capabilities). Her bair, while powerful when sweetspotted (it is her only aerial that can KO grounded opponents under 150%), is very difficult to sweetspot (one has to land a very small hotbox on her foot to do so), and when not sweetspotted, is incapable of KOing at percentages not in excess of 175%. Plus, it has noticeable ending/landing lag while having an awkward hitbox reminiscent of Ike's bair (as in, barely any vertical reach). And when it comes to her dair, while a solid meteor smash with high knockback scaling and a favorable hitbox, it has very low base knockback (opponents will have to be above 50% for it to successfully meteor) with the traditional slow start-up of a meteor smash, and is overall not that useful on grounded opponents (it won't star KO them under 150% despite its high knockback scaling, and popping opponents up isn't very useful as Samus lacks an effective vertical follow up).

So, are you still going to lul for me calling her aerial game horrible when in face of these facts? (Plus, you agree with the rest of my sentiment about her, including her having horrible offense. Now, wouldn't having terrible aerial attacks (which translates to poor aerial game) heavily hinder one's offensive capabilities?)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 07:48:56 AM by Omega Tyrant »

Offline pikachu8090

• I haunt Vegeta... he killed me!!!!
  • Guess who it is!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2011, 03:16:30 AM »
Ganondorf and link
thanks to Kyuuketsuki on Bulbagarden for making this awesome banner

Guess who I am?!

Offline SuperHamster

• Nookipedia Staff
  • Nookipedia Director / Inkipedia Admin
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2011, 04:33:18 AM »
When playing against others, I hate it when they choose Lucas or Ness. Their range attacks are pretty annoying.

I don't really have much experience playing with all the characters (I just have a small group of characters that I play with), so it's hard for me to choose a single one that I abhor playing as.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 07:01:16 AM by SuperHamster »

Offline Soaroz

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2011, 01:57:08 AM »
The irony is that I hate most Mario characters in SSB-SSBB, but the Mario series is one of my favorites.  :mario: Anyways, I probably suck with heavy characters the most. They basically KILLED Ganandorf in SSBB because of how RIDICULOUSLY SLOW HE WAS. Another thing that's kinda funny is that Olimar is my worst character with the Classic Controller and GameCube Controller, but my best with the WiiMote + Nunchuck combo. But I mean, as a character when it's used against you it's definetly Pikachu and Snake. Oh yea, and don't forget about the cheap moves that Sonic makes....Alright enough ranting.

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2015, 07:55:02 PM »
bowser