Author Topic: Characters in Next SSB  (Read 91430 times)

Offline Torchickens

• StarfyWiki Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Characters in Next SSB
« Reply #160 on: August 01, 2011, 08:07:49 PM »
I've been thinking about 'the next swordsman' and Magnus from Kid Icarus Uprising sticks out to me as probably being the most likely, though I can't help but think he might just become an even slower version of Ike.

An alternative could be Takamaru from The Mysterious Murasame Castle (perhaps a faster but weaker version of Ike) or perhaps the Sable Prince from For the Frog the Bell Tolls, who could be like Young Link/Toon Link but have the ability of transforming into both a snake or a frog, albeit it would probably be hard to execute that without making him underpowered.

Along those lines, I wonder if Link's Final Smash, (assuming they keep that concept) will involve Phi?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 08:15:14 PM by Torchickens »
Hello. I identify as female. She/her pronouns please. :)

(credits to Moydow)

I spend a lot of my time making videos about Pokémon glitches on my Youtube channel ChickasaurusGL.

I'm the editor in chief of Starfy Wiki. Let me know or Tappy know of any bugs or other concerns. :)

Discord: Torchickens #3213
Twitter: Torchickens
Email: [email protected]

Offline Tattletale1

• Cartoonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 06, 2011, 09:17:56 PM »
I'm sorry to be a nub for saying this, but I'd like to see Goku. :P
Nub,  Just joking, although I only liked Dragonball GT, it actually had a plot, unlike the other series[/quote].

Maybe in a vs. Capcom game would Goku fit in...
not SSBB,

Captain Falcon would make a nice Nintendo exclusive character, for a vs. Capcom game, as would Link, and any Fire emblem character, even Roy...

it's nice of Capcom to let the guest star take first mention, but also better marketing, so I guess it's mutual, and a run on sentence is one where...
Check out my flipnotes at http://flipnote.hatena.com/5386D14051D4DB8F@DSi/

My username is due to my overuse of Goomba Tattle abilities in Paper Mario games.

Offline Naesala

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 06, 2011, 09:39:16 PM »
I'm sorry to be a nub for saying this, but I'd like to see Goku. :P
Nub,  Just joking, although I only liked Dragonball GT, it actually had a plot, unlike the other series

Maybe in a vs. Capcom game would Goku fit in...
not SSBB,

Captain Falcon would make a nice Nintendo exclusive character, for a vs. Capcom game, as would Link, and any Fire emblem character, even Roy...

it's nice of Capcom to let the guest star take first mention, but also better marketing, so I guess it's mutual, and a run on sentence is one where...

You're joking I hope.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 09:46:14 PM by Naesala »

Offline Mari-Illustrious-Makinami

• The First Children
  • Nintendo Master
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #163 on: August 07, 2011, 06:30:57 AM »
EVA Unit-0, EVA Unit-01, EVA Unit-02

Fixed

Offline Tattletale1

• Cartoonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 25, 2011, 10:20:08 AM »

You're joking I hope.

I'm sorry, but when an entire battle lasts seven episodes, and there is no character personality development throughout a seven episode battle, It gets kinda boring, I've felt this way about Dragonball Z since I was seven, but when I was 12, I liked the clarity of where the plot was in Dragonball GT, there was much less need for recaps.
A battle lasting seven episodes, I felt like I was watching a long drawn out version of Mega Pirahna, except because the fight scenes lasted longer than movie fight scenes from any generation.  They could've saved the long battles for finales and major plot turnovers, and they could've added more plot twist secrets revealed by enemies, but not right away, they tease the heroes about their secret and take most of it either to the grave, or in their escape, it would've made a better series that way, more suspense.  Also, if you like classic Crash Bandicoot, I make lots of Classic Crash Flipnotes, If you think Crash would make a good Smasher, say so now, I think Cortex would make a good AT/NPC antagonist, speaking mainly in his Trademark evil laughter with a few spoken lines such as, "Finnish Him!" Cortex himself would send out unique mutants designed specifically for Adventure mode, until his Boss Battle with him piloting his mech.
If anyone thinks Crash should be a Smasher, say something, and There's a link to my Flipnotes in my sig; Crash Bandicoot Channel shortcut command is Left, X, Y, Down, X, Y, but I may have switched the Arrow buttons up...

My username is due to my overuse of Goomba Tattle abilities in Paper Mario games.

Offline E-123Wario54

• StrategyWiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • StrategyWiki
« Reply #165 on: August 29, 2011, 08:00:11 AM »
I'm sorry, but when an entire battle lasts seven episodes, and there is no character personality development throughout a seven episode battle, It gets kinda boring, I've felt this way about Dragonball Z since I was seven, but when I was 12, I liked the clarity of where the plot was in Dragonball GT, there was much less need for recaps.
A battle lasting seven episodes, I felt like I was watching a long drawn out version of Mega Pirahna, except because the fight scenes lasted longer than movie fight scenes from any generation.  They could've saved the long battles for finales and major plot turnovers, and they could've added more plot twist secrets revealed by enemies, but not right away, they tease the heroes about their secret and take most of it either to the grave, or in their escape, it would've made a better series that way, more suspense.  Also, if you like classic Crash Bandicoot, I make lots of Classic Crash Flipnotes, If you think Crash would make a good Smasher, say so now, I think Cortex would make a good AT/NPC antagonist, speaking mainly in his Trademark evil laughter with a few spoken lines such as, "Finnish Him!" Cortex himself would send out unique mutants designed specifically for Adventure mode, until his Boss Battle with him piloting his mech.
If anyone thinks Crash should be a Smasher, say something, and There's a link to my Flipnotes in my sig; Crash Bandicoot Channel shortcut command is Left, X, Y, Down, X, Y, but I may have switched the Arrow buttons up...
As much as I hate to go off-topic, Dragon Ball Z is a classic and always will be. GT, on the other hand? It's alright, yeah, but nowhere near the level of Z. Maybe I'm just saying that because I grew up with it. The plot was awesome (full of offspring from the future, long-lost relatives, alien mercenaries, and epic deaths) and the battles were too if they had enough hype going for them. Then again, that's just my opinion. One more thing: don't compare DBZ to crappier versions of crap movies! That is all.

Offline Tattletale1

• Cartoonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 05, 2011, 08:21:41 PM »
Check out my flipnote!  Nina's trying to get into Dr. Cortex's Party,
http://flipnote.hatena.com/5386D14051D4DB8F@DSi/movie/D4DB8F_0AF6606B06791_007

Also, who thinks another 4 legged Smasher like Ivysaur would be nice, let's say Spyro: Flame, Charge, ground headbutt, Ice Breath, electricity powered glide, possibly using Sparks in some of his attacks.

Offline Solar Dragon

• Solor Extraho
    • View Profile
    • Wikisimpsons
« Reply #167 on: September 06, 2011, 07:25:22 PM »
Boogy B - One of the Worms from the Worms series of games! Named in Worms Blast, a side game, but he could still be a good playable character. If not him, a random worm then!

Offline dewott64

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 08, 2011, 01:59:52 PM »
i would love to see:

dixie kong
jake (advanced wars)
chibi-robo
matthew (gloden sun)
ray mark III
shulk  
paper mario
yarn kirby
toad
ashley mizuki robins
baloon fighter
urban fighter

as for guest charecters i wouldnt mind seeing layton and maybe terra of final fantasy VI (although for some reason i doubt we get any sqaure enix charecters)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 02:25:07 PM by dewott64 »
i where a fez now, fezs are cool

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 27, 2015, 07:56:43 PM »
Lucas's friend Claus