Poll

How many members will NIWA have at the end of 2011?

12 or less
13 to 18
19 to 24
25 to 30
31 to 36
37 to 42
43 to 48
49 or more

Author Topic: How many members will NIWA have by the end of 2011?  (Read 21261 times)

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
How many members will NIWA have by the end of 2011?
« on: November 06, 2010, 07:25:56 PM »
NIWA currently has twelve members.

Edit: I hadn't realized that the results would be so top-heavy. I'm going to adjust the options; all results will return to ''zero'' so feel free to vote again.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 09:28:36 PM by vince220 »

Offline SoujiroElric

• Robottle Fight!
    • View Profile
    • Medabots Wiki
Re: How many members do you think NIWA will have at the end of 2011?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 07:33:38 PM »
At this pace we're going to have around 40 members at least.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 08:08:53 PM »

Question is, are there that many Nintendo franchises?

Offline skizzerz

• StrategyWiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • StrategyWiki
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 08:21:08 PM »

nope, only 27, but for NIWA perhaps even less than that since they broke up Pokémon into the main series and the Mystery Dungeon as two different franchises, whereas Bulbapedia covers both and they broke up Mario into the main Mario series, Mario Kart, Mario Party, Wario, and Yoshi, which are all covered in the Mario wiki, which leaves 22 "franchises" total. So, if NIWA gets all of them, that's 22 wikis plus any wikis that don't cover a specific franchise but still cover Nintendo-related content (like perhaps a series that releases for multiple platforms but has always or almost always included Nintendo platforms in their releases, or had Nintendo-only releases)

Offline Gamefreak75

• Super Mario Wiki Staff
  • Mario Wiki and Pikmin Fanon Staff
    • View Profile
Mega Man and Sonic guys!

MEGA MAN AND SONIC

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
Mega Man and Sonic guys!

MEGA MAN AND SONIC

I guess you never know. NIWA can change its policy anytime in the next thirteen and a half months.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 08:29:40 PM by vince220 »

Offline TurtwigA

• Wiki editor
  • Why must the space not come?
    • View Profile
13-18 is my guess.

Please give me internets! So much less bulkier than those eggs.
tg.wikkii.com-My Touch! Generations Wiki
chibirobo.wikkii.com My Chibi-Robo! Wiki

Help spread the word about the word smorent! Definition: [smohrent] adj. fluffy. In a sentence: that bear is very smorent.

Offline SoujiroElric

• Robottle Fight!
    • View Profile
    • Medabots Wiki
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 10:47:13 PM »

nope, only 27, but for NIWA perhaps even less than that since they broke up Pokémon into the main series and the Mystery Dungeon as two different franchises, whereas Bulbapedia covers both and they broke up Mario into the main Mario series, Mario Kart, Mario Party, Wario, and Yoshi, which are all covered in the Mario wiki, which leaves 22 "franchises" total. So, if NIWA gets all of them, that's 22 wikis plus any wikis that don't cover a specific franchise but still cover Nintendo-related content (like perhaps a series that releases for multiple platforms but has always or almost always included Nintendo platforms in their releases, or had Nintendo-only releases)

Given this, 19 to 24.

Offline Seritinajii

• Paradichlorobenzene
  • Fire Emblem Wiki Staff
  • Grammar is important!!
    • View Profile
Right now we have twelve with DK coming. And the Wikia Animal Crossing wiki is preparing to merge with our small one. Fire Emblem is in the works but I'm not sure if it'll be able to reach the requirements by the end of the year. (we have 200 articles but most are stubs.) F-Zero may be moving from Wikia soon.

This makes three potential wikis, and since there are only -

wait I thought it was 2010.

Umm... I'm guessing 19-24 because we've already covered a lot, but there are still quite a few.

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
There are the four wikis you mentioned, and there are some others that have at least been talked about: Ace Attorney Wiki, Glitch Wiki, Gamehiker, WikiFang, Chibi-Robo, Game & Watch, Golden Sun, and Fantendo.

I - with the help of Axiomist and Turtwig A - am also working on Palutenapedia.

Plus, there could be wikis for Punch-Out!!, Custom Robo, Legendary Starfy, Professor Layton, Trauma Center, Art Style, and ExciteBike/Truck/Bots. That gets the count up to 32.

Don't forget the potential fanon wikis, either. Even one fanon wiki for each major franchise (Pokemon, Metroid, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Kirby, and Star Fox) could move the count up to 38.

I would rule out neither a retro wiki (Ice Climbers, Balloon Fight, Clu Clu Land) nor a casual wiki (Wii Sports, Brain Age, Cooking Mama). This brings the total to 40...

Offline mtn_otter

• Robot, Philosopher, Redneck, Cynic, Psychopath
    • View Profile
I'm not even going to try to guess. Thirteen months isn't all that long, in perspective, but it's still a significant amount of time, from a wiki's perspective. It'll probably have at least 80% of the Nintendo franchises, but it's completely possible that NIWA will have expanded into video games in general by then.
As a form of protest, I refuse to make a signature...

Offline Metechar

• My fanmade Pokémon mascot.
  • Wow! What are all those heads?
    • View Profile
    • PokéFanon!
I thought you meant users :O So I picked 49 or more....But I don't get it about DK Wiki. Does it just cover more about the DK series than SMW?

Forgot my password, and I may not ever recover it. But you never know! JUST CLICK!

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
I thought you meant users :O So I picked 49 or more....But I don't get it about DK Wiki. Does it just cover more about the DK series than SMW?

Yeap. And goes more in-depth about them.

Offline Level 3

• F-Zero Wiki Staff
  • Hey everyone, just here to help with the effort.
    • View Profile

Well, SMW greatly touches upon the spinoff franchises such as DK and WarioWare, but DK Wiki is completely devoted to that sole subject so it is able to go way more in depth, and it does.

Admin at the F-Zero Wiki.

Offline Axiomist

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
    • WiKirby
I'm not totally helping. :p I'm just going to help with some Main Page work, as I've done on a few wikis.

Offline Tucayo

• Super Mario Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • MarioWiki's Shroom
50 seems a lot, almost impossible to handle. 30 seems better and more realistic IMO

Offline TurtwigA

• Wiki editor
  • Why must the space not come?
    • View Profile
I ,actually, may not be working much more on it. I'm trying to get Chibipedia and Touch! Generation Wiki (both linked in my sig and hosted on Wikkii like Palutenapedia) started.

Please give me internets! So much less bulkier than those eggs.
tg.wikkii.com-My Touch! Generations Wiki
chibirobo.wikkii.com My Chibi-Robo! Wiki

Help spread the word about the word smorent! Definition: [smohrent] adj. fluffy. In a sentence: that bear is very smorent.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
I ,actually, may not be working much more on it. I'm trying to get Chibipedia and Touch! Generation Wiki (both linked in my sig and hosted on Wikkii like Palutenapedia) started.

How are those coming, by the way?

Offline Metechar

• My fanmade Pokémon mascot.
  • Wow! What are all those heads?
    • View Profile
    • PokéFanon!

Those wikis still need lots of work to be members of NIWA. TG only has one article and all of Chibi's are few small ones. No offense, but it needs WAY more work. I understand if those wikis were made just this week or something.

Forgot my password, and I may not ever recover it. But you never know! JUST CLICK!

Offline Moydow

• NIWA Coordinator
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Fire Emblem Wiki
If not this week, they're certainly very recently set up. Plus they need to be moved off Wikkii to join NIWA, which I'm sure is a major goal in the near-as-possible future.
NIWA Coordinator