Author Topic: There's these kids that hate Nintendo at my school.  (Read 20943 times)

Offline Malake256

• Metroid Wiki Staff
  • It actually glows...
    • View Profile
    • Metroid Wiki Admin
Re: There's these kids that hate Nintendo at my school.
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2010, 04:18:22 AM »
Middle schoolers are jerks. :P

Very true. High school, unlike the media portrays it, isn't nearly as bad as Middle School. I hated middle school  :-\
My Weavile Brick Breaks Blisseys :)

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2010, 10:42:41 PM »
The good thing about high school - at least my high school -  is the great amount of students. Mine has about 2400 students. With such a huge amount, even niche fandoms are able to form groups of their own. In general though, the mainstream crowd (which in video game terms is the FPS fandom) is more populous and popular than other groups.

Offline TurtwigA

• Wiki editor
  • Why must the space not come?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2010, 11:04:25 PM »
Middle schoolers are jerks. :P
I didn't know I was a jerk...

Please give me internets! So much less bulkier than those eggs.
tg.wikkii.com-My Touch! Generations Wiki
chibirobo.wikkii.com My Chibi-Robo! Wiki

Help spread the word about the word smorent! Definition: [smohrent] adj. fluffy. In a sentence: that bear is very smorent.

Offline Seritinajii

• Paradichlorobenzene
  • Fire Emblem Wiki Staff
  • Grammar is important!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2010, 11:55:40 PM »
Ja, me neither... 8th grade is fun.  Just a generalization that's not accurate for all middle-schoolers, of course. I hope?

Offline TurtwigA

• Wiki editor
  • Why must the space not come?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2010, 01:02:36 AM »
Ja, me neither... 8th grade is fun.  Just a generalization that's not accurate for all middle-schoolers, of course. I hope?

It might be true for most of them, but not all most definitely.

Please give me internets! So much less bulkier than those eggs.
tg.wikkii.com-My Touch! Generations Wiki
chibirobo.wikkii.com My Chibi-Robo! Wiki

Help spread the word about the word smorent! Definition: [smohrent] adj. fluffy. In a sentence: that bear is very smorent.

Offline Tina

• WikiBound Staff
    • View Profile
    • WikiBound
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2010, 05:01:18 PM »
Yeah, that's what I meant. There's a handful of people that are nice, don't get me wrong. But just from what I've seen, a lot of them can be be pretty big jerks.
WikiBound Editor-in-Chief

Offline R7308xx

• The poison in your drink... whoops.
  • New and, unfortunately, improved.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2010, 05:13:38 PM »
 :P There's kids at my school that say Sony makes such good games like Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. They're idiots. I kind of do feel bad for you Waddle because I was always made fun of because I played Pokémon. When I actually let the bullies play Pokémon, they thought it was awesome but still made fun of me because I liked Earth Bound, WTF they had never even heard of it.  >:(
I blame the economy.

Offline Tina

• WikiBound Staff
    • View Profile
    • WikiBound
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2010, 10:48:19 PM »
I don't blame them for not knowing of Earthbound, considering it was released in 1995 and that the newest game is Japan-only and all.

...But besides that, they have no excuse for not liking Earthbound! >:O what fangirl bias, I do not know what you are talking about
WikiBound Editor-in-Chief

Offline mtn_otter

• Robot, Philosopher, Redneck, Cynic, Psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2010, 02:30:12 AM »
It sounds like you're using the wrong tactic. It's never a good idea to try using logic on people like that; all too often, they're just too stupid to understand you. Treat it like a Pokemon battle. If you're suddenly confronted with a high level Pokemon, you don't try to battle it out right. You use status effects to your advantage.

Your first choice is always Teleport. If possible, leave, preferably before they notice you. If they have Mean Look, Shadow Tag, or Arena Trap, unlike a Pokemon battle, use metronome. Approach a teacher and talk to them. They might not give you much time, but it might just be enough for the bullies to leave. If that's not an option, try Dig or Fly to buy some extra time. Try to join a conversation nearby, to discourage them. If they can't get to you easily, they'll leave.

They respond to physical signs of strength. That means you want to show them that you're strong. The best way to do that is simply to act confident and aggressive around them. If you act like you're going to go rip somebody's face of, they'll stay away from you. To put it in Pokemon terms, use astonish, make them flinch.

You could also try to confuse them. If a predator sees something it doesn't recognize, ninety percent of the time, it will avoid it. Use really big words around them, especially ones that sound like they might be complements. If you're really lucky, they might even start arguing about what the words mean, giving you time to run away. This is a perfect strategy if you know a foreign language. Just speak that language to them, and try to confuse them that way.

Try paralyzing or freezing them. Say something so off topic that they forget what the original topic was. This can be nigh on impossible to pull off, but if it works, it's extremely effective.

When things get desperate, poison them. Say or do something that seems innocent to random passerby, but is very wounding to them. This can require some research beforehand, but is very useful if you know what you're doing.

One thing you never want to do is to try to burn them. They have Flash Fire, so that will only make them angrier and give them more power.

There are two things you want to have: versatility and the ability to improvise. Have all of these, and more, if you can think of them, ready to use whenever you might need them, and learn how to adapt them to the situation. It might sound silly, but practicing this can be a very good thing.
As a form of protest, I refuse to make a signature...

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2010, 02:46:08 AM »
They respond to physical signs of strength. That means you want to show them that you're strong. The best way to do that is simply to act confident and aggressive around them. If you act like you're going to go rip somebody's face of, they'll stay away from you. To put it in Pokemon terms, use astonish, make them flinch.

You could also try to confuse them. If a predator sees something it doesn't recognize, ninety percent of the time, it will avoid it. Use really big words around them, especially ones that sound like they might be complements. If you're really lucky, they might even start arguing about what the words mean, giving you time to run away. This is a perfect strategy if you know a foreign language. Just speak that language to them, and try to confuse them that way.

Nice analogies, but acting cocky and snobbish probably aren't the best methods. I would stay away from the two methods that I quoted.

Offline mtn_otter

• Robot, Philosopher, Redneck, Cynic, Psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2010, 03:32:11 AM »
The first one I probably could have phrased better. I just meant that they respond more to body language and your tone of voice than anything you really say. As long as you don't act or talk like somebody they would target, they'll tend to leave you alone.

As for the second, I probably should have given different examples. I just meant to distract them long enough to get away("What's that behind you?", "Is that the principal?, etc.) It really only works against the extremely stupid type, so it's not often that somebody uses it, but, used properly, it can and does work. It should be farther down on the list. The main reason, it's so high up is that it's the first analogy I thought of, then I didn't think to move it down.
As a form of protest, I refuse to make a signature...

Offline Metechar

• My fanmade Pokémon mascot.
  • Wow! What are all those heads?
    • View Profile
    • PokéFanon!
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2010, 12:46:31 AM »
Hey who's that behind you? Hahaha made you look! Made you look! .......Sorry I couldn't help it. If I talk off topic, they just call me irrelevant. And if I try to look tough, they'll laugh :-/  Only foreign language I know is Spanish, since I AM Mexican. They might still call me irrelevant even if I talk about the same topic. But one of them is obviously Latin because of his first and last name.

Forgot my password, and I may not ever recover it. But you never know! JUST CLICK!