Author Topic: Mystery Dungeon series  (Read 6529 times)

Offline TurtwigA

• Wiki editor
  • Why must the space not come?
    • View Profile
Mystery Dungeon series
« on: November 18, 2010, 01:23:49 PM »
What do you think of the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series? I personally liked the second ones the best, they're my favorite games of the whole Pokémon series.

Please give me internets! So much less bulkier than those eggs.
tg.wikkii.com-My Touch! Generations Wiki
chibirobo.wikkii.com My Chibi-Robo! Wiki

Help spread the word about the word smorent! Definition: [smohrent] adj. fluffy. In a sentence: that bear is very smorent.

Offline Seritinajii

• Paradichlorobenzene
  • Fire Emblem Wiki Staff
  • Grammar is important!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery Dungeon series
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 09:01:39 PM »
I only have the first, but I found it really fun! What were your starters for the first? I got Bulbasaur and Cyndaquil.

Offline Zesty Cactus

• Bulbapedia Staff
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 06:20:01 AM »
Not my favourite, to be honest. gets kinda boring for me after a while. (though, I only own Blue Rescue Team)

Offline Politoed666

• Bulbapedia Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 06:30:30 PM »
I like the Mystery Dungeon games better than the main series, to be honest.  Level grinding is repetitive and boring, but what I like is that there's always something else to do.  The storyline is very long and not overly intricate, and the boss battles are great.

The only gripe I have about the series as a whole is that there comes a point when, although there are still tasks to accomplish, nothing is remotely difficult.  I have a Lv.100 Dialga with Time Tripper that I've pumped up with dozens of Vitamins, Ginsengs, Life Seeds, etc. etc. and a Time Shield; everything is unhacked.  It's been months since I've come even close to fainting.  Even Kecleon isn't a challenge anymore.

Offline pikachu8090

• I haunt Vegeta... he killed me!!!!
  • Guess who it is!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 01:30:33 AM »
I'm waiting for the ones for WiiWare. Does anyone know when they'll come out?
thanks to Kyuuketsuki on Bulbagarden for making this awesome banner

Guess who I am?!

Offline Manga Maniac

• I am a dragon. Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 09:31:37 PM »
While I like the main Pokémon series, they're not my favourite games. However, I absolutely love the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series. I wouldn't say the gameplay is perfect, but I still thoroughly enjoy it, and the plots are actually good. Don't get me wrong, the main series is good too, but it's quite clearly just a sidebit to the game which is unimportant in the long run.

And, despite the fact you're a talking Pokémon, the games do have their serious moments too, which are some of my favourite parts of the games.

On a side note, I can't get the theme tune out of my head. It's slowly driving me insane.

Offline KidIcarus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 03:54:15 PM »
Not as good as the classics