Author Topic: Fire Emblem Merge  (Read 6898 times)

Offline SuperAlpaca

• The awesomest person in the room
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Fire Emblem Merge
« on: December 02, 2010, 02:02:31 AM »
I am not sure about how to suggest or anything like that, but Wikia has a really nice FE wiki, and maybe they could merge with the NIWA affiliate FE wiki. Just a suggestion.

Offline tacopill

• Lylat Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
    • csanimefan
Re: Fire Emblem Merge
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 02:10:28 AM »
it's a possibility. I will bring it up in the FE Wiki Chat, but i am not guaranteeing anything.

Offline Seritinajii

• Paradichlorobenzene
  • Fire Emblem Wiki Staff
  • Grammar is important!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 02:13:53 AM »
Introduced to this thread by Tacopill up there!

Anyway, as far as I know the users there aren't very eager to move at all. The community's not actually that active, and I haven't found anything regarding Wikia or moving. Otherwise I don't have much to say, but I don't support it because at the NIWA wiki we've already established our own "customs" and stuff.

Not to mention the fact that their articles aren't really that well-kept.

Offline BrandedOne

• Fire Emblem Wiki Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 02:35:47 AM »
Introduced to this thread by Tacopill up there!

Anyway, as far as I know the users there aren't very eager to move at all. The community's not actually that active, and I haven't found anything regarding Wikia or moving. Otherwise I don't have much to say, but I don't support it because at the NIWA wiki we've already established our own "customs" and stuff.

Not to mention the fact that their articles aren't really that well-kept.

I'm with you there.  I don't support a merge at this point either.  Our Fire Emblem Wiki is so young still that if we merged, it would be almost as if Fire Emblem Wikia just went independent, and some of us that have been working hard (or intend to in the near future) would lose all of the work we'd already put into the wiki.  We need to build ourselves up before we invite them in and let them take over.  We may be able to merge at some point in the future, but now is not the time.